Page 77 of 82 FirstFirst ... 727576777879 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,155 of 1227

Thread: Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS HOTAS official thread

  1. #1141
    Originally Posted by Antmax View Post (Source)
    Sorry, It's actually a 4 USB controller limit that is supposed to be lifted in the new Beyond update. I bumped into it when I had my HOTAS with pedals, mouse and head tracker all set up in ED. But I use TARGET for the forward and reverse pedals and Opentrack for the headtracking so it's no longer a problem for me personally.

    Yeah, I don't use the rudder part of the pedals and both the left hand throttle and toe pedals share the same axis in my setup. Works great.
    Oh, Oculus Rift. does that make six?

  2. #1142
    Oculus rift uses it's own drivers that are autodetected by compatible games. The limit is only for devices mapped in the ED control settings. Opentrack uses the Oculus libraries for head tracking in ED too. Will all be a moot point after Beyond is released anyway. Hope it's soon, I just finished all the engineer leveling I wanted.

  3. #1143
    Absolutely no problems at all both stick and throttle connected this way with no problems. Did connect direct to motherboard usb sockets and not a usb hub.

  4. #1144
    I've replaced my x52 with the T.16000M. I've switched to the default T.16000M key bindings and am trying some customization. The trouble I'd like help with is binding. With the x52 I'd have [ctrl]+[alt] to switch to camera in the ship or the SRV. With the T.16000M I can only have [ctrl]+[alt] bound to camera for the ship OR camera to the SRV. Is this a unique qwerk of Thrustmaster products? It would be nice to have keys bound in context instead of one singular function. I'm not sure what I am missing. Any help is appreciated.

  5. #1145
    Originally Posted by mbar View Post (Source)
    I've replaced my x52 with the T.16000M. I've switched to the default T.16000M key bindings and am trying some customization. The trouble I'd like help with is binding. With the x52 I'd have [ctrl]+[alt] to switch to camera in the ship or the SRV. With the T.16000M I can only have [ctrl]+[alt] bound to camera for the ship OR camera to the SRV. Is this a unique qwerk of Thrustmaster products? It would be nice to have keys bound in context instead of one singular function. I'm not sure what I am missing. Any help is appreciated.
    If you do not bind "SRV - Toggle Camera Suite" then when in the SRV it uses the binding for "Ship - Toggle Camera Suite"

  6. #1146
    Thank you. Swapping to new HOTAS is like having a new car. Gotta figure out how all the buttons work.

  7. #1147
    Originally Posted by MAIN SEQUENCE View Post (Source)
    If you do not bind "SRV - Toggle Camera Suite" then when in the SRV it uses the binding for "Ship - Toggle Camera Suite"
    Thank you!

    I spotted this in the Beta and thought "why have they separated these out?", not realising that it must already be like this in 2.4 but that I'd never had occasion to look.

  8. #1148
    Originally Posted by Rojo Habe View Post (Source)
    Thank you!

    I spotted this in the Beta and thought "why have they separated these out?", not realising that it must already be like this in 2.4 but that I'd never had occasion to look.
    Yeah, most of the SRV bindings are like that: if you leave them unbound then they default to the ship's setting.

  9. #1149
    Hi,

    Can someone help me with bindings? I'm trying to custom bind my 1600M and FCS direct into ED. However, for example I when I bind the top hat switch to say System, Engine & Weapons and then want to bind that also to UI movement, ED says I have it already mapped and do I want to overwrite? How do I assign button to two functions depending whether its in UI or Galaxy map?

  10. #1150
    Originally Posted by FILMNOIR View Post (Source)
    Hi,

    Can someone help me with bindings? I'm trying to custom bind my 1600M and FCS direct into ED. However, for example I when I bind the top hat switch to say System, Engine & Weapons and then want to bind that also to UI movement, ED says I have it already mapped and do I want to overwrite? How do I assign button to two functions depending whether its in UI or Galaxy map?
    The two specific functions you named are both operational in normal flight, so you will need to add a shift key to make that work (I suggest you do it for UI navigation.) In the UI or galaxy map, it will depend on what you want to set. I think you can probably set translation movement to the hat and rotation to the axes of the stick, for example.

  11. #1151
    Got my T.1600M and TWCS last week. Spent two, three days remapping the buttons the way I want it. I love most things about it. The only thing is the square opening for the joystick. I wish it was round because if you're pushing full pitch forwards or backwards it's a bit too easy to keep on sliding to left or right.

  12. #1152
    Originally Posted by mbar View Post (Source)
    Thank you. Swapping to new HOTAS is like having a new car. Gotta figure out how all the buttons work.
    Yup. After using a different one with different configuration, muscle memory plays tricks on you. You have to stop and think where that particular function was again. Not doing too much battle until I got the basic buttons down...

  13. #1153
    Originally Posted by Han Zulu View Post (Source)
    Yup. After using a different one with different configuration, muscle memory plays tricks on you. You have to stop and think where that particular function was again. Not doing too much battle until I got the basic buttons down...
    EDRefCard is your friend. Generates a printable reference card from your bindings file.

  14. #1154
    Hey folks getting a lot of problems with yaw drifting to the left. So I went on the PC

    Thrustmaster > control panel > T16000M > properties > test input

    I assumed you would calibrate the stick here after waggling everything the apply button stops greyed out.


    If I go through the W10 control panel I end up back with the same dialog box and the same greyed out apply.

    What am I missing ?

  15. #1155
    Originally Posted by Crash Landing View Post (Source)
    Hey folks getting a lot of problems with yaw drifting to the left. So I went on the PC

    Thrustmaster > control panel > T16000M > properties > test input

    I assumed you would calibrate the stick here after waggling everything the apply button stops greyed out.


    If I go through the W10 control panel I end up back with the same dialog box and the same greyed out apply.

    What am I missing ?
    I had this problem with the yaw drifting, and if it's not just a software issue with your calibration utilities (your description of the greyed out apply button is not something I've ever seen) then it could be the poor quality potentiometer that TM have used in the stick failing.

    You might want to try the utility that I mention in this post, it resolved my issue for a week or two, but in the end if your stick is still under warranty I would contact Thrustmaster support (I hate to say it, but they are terrible, or perhaps just overwhelmed), and see if you can get the stick replaced. I opened a support ticket in December, I am expecting the replacement sometime next week!

Page 77 of 82 FirstFirst ... 727576777879 ... LastLast