Page 59 of 60 FirstFirst ... 49555657585960 LastLast
Results 871 to 885 of 892

Thread: Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS HOTAS official thread

  1. #871
    Originally Posted by Antelope View Post (Source)
    Hi. I hope someone can help me.
    Did a google and found a post on Reddit about someone with the same problem. The T.16000M FCS wouldn't detect on his computer but was detected fine on his wife's surfacebook. Someone suggested he try plugging it into a powered USB hub. He didn't have a powered hub but tried a USB splitter ... and it worked.

    https://www.reddit.com/r/EliteDanger..._not_detected/

  2. #872
    Originally Posted by Zeeman View Post (Source)
    Ah yes, the brilliant bindings control management solution we have... Really needs to be sorted. Just wait till he loses his all his settings because the throttle somehow got unplugged...

    Z...
    I have duplicated my bindings file to "%HOME%\AppData\Local\Frontier Developments\Elite Dangerous\Options\Bindings" as "FCS without headlook.2.0.binds" and hand-edited the preset name in the XML to match:

    Code:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
    <Root PresetName="FCS without headlook" MajorVersion="2" MinorVersion="0">
        <KeyboardLayout>en-GB</KeyboardLayout>
    ....
    That should stop it from being deleted. Mind you, I also have all of "%HOME%\AppData\Local\Frontier Developments\Elite Dangerous" under version control anyway, because I'm paranoid.

  3. #873
    Greetings.

    I am about to buy ED and was considering T16000M HOTAS to go with it.
    My question is, can you control the game purely with this combo or do you need to use mouse and/or keyboard for menus and whatnot(that wouldn't be HOTAS, now would it)?`

    Thanks in advance

  4. #874
    Originally Posted by Delveling View Post (Source)
    Greetings.

    I am about to buy ED and was considering T16000M HOTAS to go with it.
    My question is, can you control the game purely with this combo or do you need to use mouse and/or keyboard for menus and whatnot(that wouldn't be HOTAS, now would it)?`

    Thanks in advance
    Hi. This HOTAS has enough buttons to map every control in the game, especially if you don't mind using one or two of the buttons on the throttle as modifiers. I normally only use the mouse and keyboard from the station interface when docked, although I do have keyboard aliases for some of the controls because they're in my muscle memory.

  5. #875
    Originally Posted by VerticalBlank View Post (Source)
    Hi. This HOTAS has enough buttons to map every control in the game, especially if you don't mind using one or two of the buttons on the throttle as modifiers. I normally only use the mouse and keyboard from the station interface when docked, although I do have keyboard aliases for some of the controls because they're in my muscle memory.
    Thanks for the reply. I guess I'll go buy this HOTAS then when I enter the the universe of Elite Dangerous. See you there soon.

  6. #876
    Having taken over management of the ref card generation site from the legendary CMDR jgm, here are some links to configs:



    There is a rudimentary listing at https://edrefcard.info/list, search is coming soon.

    Enjoy!

  7. #877
    Has anyone found a use bind for the pinky wheel on the throttle? The only thing I can think of is sensor zoom and I have that bound to the slider on the FCS stick.

    Originally Posted by 3dog View Post (Source)
    Has anyone found a use bind for the pinky wheel on the throttle? The only thing I can think of is sensor zoom and I have that bound to the slider on the FCS stick.
    That SHOULD read "USEFUL BIND" not use bind. I can't type

    Good...bad...I'm the guy with the gun

  8. #878
    Originally Posted by 3dog View Post (Source)
    Has anyone found a use bind for the pinky wheel on the throttle? The only thing I can think of is sensor zoom and I have that bound to the slider on the FCS stick.
    I have gone with sensor zoom as it means I don't need to move my hands to use it. I've used the slider on the stick for the camera fwd/back and field of view.

  9. #879
    I just ordered my throttle and it arrives tomorrow. The one thing I didn't think about before I ordered is that it probably doesn't have an actual midpoint in the throttle. I need the throttle to be able to go in reverse as well. Can you simply do this by binding in or out of game? Or is nobody as much of a lunatic as I am in combat?

  10. #880
    Originally Posted by MaddcapETC View Post (Source)
    I just ordered my throttle and it arrives tomorrow. The one thing I didn't think about before I ordered is that it probably doesn't have an actual midpoint in the throttle. I need the throttle to be able to go in reverse as well. Can you simply do this by binding in or out of game? Or is nobody as much of a lunatic as I am in combat?
    Your choice. You can bind it to "Full Range" in which case the mid point is zero and you pull back to reverse, or "Forward Only" in which case full back is zero and you assign a button, either hold or toggle, for reverse.

    Personally I have gone for Full Range with some Velcro to make a detent at the mid point: https://www.reddit.com/r/hotas/comme...stmaster_twcs/

  11. #881
    Originally Posted by VerticalBlank View Post (Source)
    Your choice. You can bind it to "Full Range" in which case the mid point is zero and you pull back to reverse, or "Forward Only" in which case full back is zero and you assign a button, either hold or toggle, for reverse.

    Personally I have gone for Full Range with some Velcro to make a detent at the mid point: https://www.reddit.com/r/hotas/comme...stmaster_twcs/
    Perfect, thanks!

  12. #882
    Originally Posted by MaddcapETC View Post (Source)
    Perfect, thanks!
    You're welcome. You can preview the default bindings and my own preferences here https://edrefcard.info/list

  13. #883
    Has anyone that uses full range tried to make the midpoint able to be felt? I know I could toss on some stickers or mark it with a silver ink sharpie but I don't wan't to be looking down at it, and I'm trying to make the game more immersive, hence looking less at my speed indicator and feeling the middle.
    Has anyone tried putting stickers on their rails at 0, or scoring with a knife/file/soldering iron so there is a tick you can feel at that 0 point between reverse and forwards?

  14. #884
    Nm, found a way to do it, velcro for detent. Genius.

  15. #885
    Originally Posted by MaddcapETC View Post (Source)
    Has anyone that uses full range tried to make the midpoint able to be felt? I know I could toss on some stickers or mark it with a silver ink sharpie but I don't wan't to be looking down at it, and I'm trying to make the game more immersive, hence looking less at my speed indicator and feeling the middle.
    Has anyone tried putting stickers on their rails at 0, or scoring with a knife/file/soldering iron so there is a tick you can feel at that 0 point between reverse and forwards?
    My solution was magnets: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...=1#post5496483

Page 59 of 60 FirstFirst ... 49555657585960 LastLast