Page 1 of 24 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: The Annie owners club

The Annie owners club

Hey all, I have noticed there was no thread for the Anaconda and thought that needs to change so without further ado.

This is the Sirona, she is currently outfitted for combat and is very heavily modded. Her jump range caps at 57.33LY and jumps at 21.83 even when fully kitted for combat/running away mostly the latter if i'm honest . But up to now she has been kept in one piece ever since I bought her and have made it a personal challenge to myself to keep it that way, with that said I do have a good 8 rebuys just in case!

Her primary role however is Exploration with heat reduction mods (I keep a second Conda as module storage for now). I've had some fun times in this ship and some very scary moments such as this.

And before you ask, yes the fuel bar was the exact same even before the jump luckily I found a very close scoopable star 5LY away. Shutting down everything I could apart from my FSD and thrusters and injected some Jumponium in the FSD to increase the range for good measure. For those that don't know more FSD range means less fuel each jump, so the fuel consumption was so little it wasn't even noticeable. I moved the ship to point at the system and engaged the FSD waiting for it to spool till the very last two bars before boosting (I was completely throttled down to 0% to save what fumes I had left).

It was like getting a drink after a really hot day... except from a very "warm" star.

So that's my Anaconda what about you?

I have an Exploration Anaconda as well. Since the release of the other big boats i replaced the Anaconda in other roles with other ships ( i own all 3 big ones and a couple of smaller).

One thing that i did not like about the Anaconda was always its relative small fuel tank for its FSD Size, so i always fit addional fuel tanks. Luckily you got the internal space to do so and with a modded FSD i am still capable of 41+Ly jumps with it.

This is the fitting i use:
    https://coriolis.io/outfit/anaconda/...w18ZlA=?bn=LRX

As i said earlier, the ship is modded, so the stats are not what it actually is capable of. But this is the basis for it.

Probably is a thread somewhere however this is mine:

Originally Posted by James Razor View Post (Source)
    I have an Exploration Anaconda as well. Since the release of the other big boats i replaced the Anaconda in other roles with other ships ( i own all 3 big ones and a couple of smaller).

One thing that i did not like about the Anaconda was always its relative small fuel tank for its FSD Size, so i always fit addional fuel tanks. Luckily you got the internal space to do so and with a modded FSD i am still capable of 41+Ly jumps with it.

This is the fitting i use:
    https://coriolis.io/outfit/anaconda/...w18ZlA=?bn=LRX

As i said earlier, the ship is modded, so the stats are not what it actually is capable of. But this is the basis for it.
    Yeah I was trying the 64t, 32t and then a 16t fuel tanks. Just to see which was the best if I wanted to fuel scoop less on a trip. It ended up being a 32 or a 16 depending on what I was doing at the time.

Originally Posted by Flyinspaghetti View Post (Source)
    Probably is a thread somewhere however this is mine:

http://images.akamai.steamuserconten...AA9BA9B86F7B5/
    Bananaconda

Don't see why anybody would dislike the Conda. here's mine:

My 'Imperial' Anaconda, my one and only ship. She's fairly well spec'd but only running a 7A power plant since I don't have the funds for the really big one. I'm thinking about grinding *ahem* I mean working on engineer overcharging it a little so I can squeeze a bit more juice and have enough power to run all hard points, since at the moment I don't have enough to run anything in the small hard points.

https://coriolis.io/outfit/anaconda/...A?bn=Loweconda

Has grade 5 modded FSD (gives me about 34LY with above spec), grade 2 dirty drives (boosts to 314m/s) and grade 3 reinforced shields.

Originally Posted by Lowe1978 View Post (Source)
    http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/n...psthmac9ab.png

My 'Imperial' Anaconda, my one and only ship. She's fairly well spec'd but only running a 7A power plant since I don't have the funds for the really big one. I'm thinking about grinding *ahem* I mean working on engineer overcharging it a little so I can squeeze a bit more juice and have enough power to run all hard points, since at the moment I don't have enough to run anything in the small hard points.

https://coriolis.io/outfit/anaconda/...A?bn=Loweconda

Has grade 5 modded FSD (gives me about 34LY with above spec), grade 2 dirty drives (boosts to 314m/s) and grade 3 reinforced shields.
    Why didn't go with 8C grade? Same power output for third of a price. Lower efficiency rating will be barely noticeable.

Love my Annie! In Gold

Originally Posted by Caramel Clown View Post (Source)
    Why didn't go with 8C grade? Same power output for third of a price. Lower efficiency rating will be barely noticeable.
    Weight. I had the 8C for a while and thought the lower weight would be better for jumps and agility, and it's 10% cooler. With the 100% trade in on modules I figured it as a down payment on the 8A

Originally Posted by CMDR Rasputin View Post (Source)
    Man, I wish I was as excited about my Anaconda as I once was. But Engineers seems to have pulled all of its teeth out.
    I have to say Engineers put the teeth back into my Conda....

Took my winnings from a few weeks worth (in game) of gameplay and my rather stellar (if I say so myself) performance in the LFT 133 CG's that have just finished and bought myself my own "Imperial Anaconda".

Now trying to do a little bit of RNGing on her (already got G4 FSD increase that has her up to 30ly) and then to come up with a suitable Imperial name for her!!

So I'm torn on whether to buy an Anaconda or stick with my Python. I'm used to big turret ships, having used the FGS for many months before I reset my save for 2.1.

I'm currently at about 170M in assets. I'm excited for ship launched fighters and it seems like the best option that doesn't involve rep grind or using a Keelback.

What do you guys recommend? How much would I need to buy a survivable Anaconda?

Anyone miss their Python after jumping to the Annie?

Originally Posted by K-Rose View Post (Source)
    So I'm torn on whether to buy an Anaconda or stick with my Python. I'm used to big turret ships, having used the FGS for many months before I reset my save for 2.1.

I'm currently at about 170M in assets. I'm excited for ship launched fighters and it seems like the best option that doesn't involve rep grind or using a Keelback.

What do you guys recommend? How much would I need to buy a survivable Anaconda?

Anyone miss their Python after jumping to the Annie?
    Well to buy an Anaconda and battle fit it even in the cheapest way it's around 300 mil give or take. An A-rated battle fit is in the region of 400-500 mil and if you do an extreme build like mine your talking somewhere around 800-900 mil. Here is an A-rated template you can add what weapons you like and you can change the utility mounts around to suit your needs. You also might like to change the sensors/life support too if you desire. In regards to the python, I do miss flying her and the ability to dock at outposts sometimes but I never went back.

Originally Posted by Miku Hatsune View Post (Source)
    Well to buy an Anaconda and battle fit it even in the cheapest way it's around 300 mil give or take. An A-rated battle fit is in the region of 400-500 mil and if you do an extreme build like mine your talking somewhere around 800-900 mil. Here is an A-rated template you can add what weapons you like and you can change the utility mounts around to suit your needs. You also might like to change the sensors/life support too if you desire. In regards to the python, I do miss flying her and the ability to dock at outposts sometimes but I never went back.
    Hmm not so bothered about battle fitting, more just able to do missions.

I'm used to buying ships at D rate and building them up, not sure if this is feasible with the Annie though. Some ships it's better you wait till you can C grade them and get some powerful turrets (FGS for example).

To be honest I'm not so much a fan of A grading immediately because you don't get a feel of how far your ship has come since you bought it, but if I'm committing suicide by buying a D grade Annie with a few extras then I'll wait

Page 1 of 24 1234511 ... LastLast