Page 379 of 379 FirstFirst ... 369375376377378379
Results 5,671 to 5,683 of 5683

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Welcome to the Frontier Forums. Pop in and introduce yourself.

Originally Posted by Juniusdrakus View Post (Source)
    Engineered type 9 pilot just stopping by to say hello!!

Ps. Please fix the CG trade science and research tab
    They're on the case ...

Originally Posted by CMDR Sticks View Post (Source)
    Apologies for the lack of visibility, guys - we're on the case now. We'll look to provide a full update on the situation as soon as we can.

*CMDR Sticks*

(click this image to discover the best of the forum)

I'm in

Hi all,
    Playing since release on PS4. I did originally buy in to the kick starter way back, and dabbled a bit on the PC.
    I lovethe PS4 version and cant wait to see what the future holds.

Great game!

Good to be back - a day of firsts...

Hi everyone – first post so this seemed the best place to start. I’ve got some previous as an elite veteran of Elite on the Atari STE. I was told I was too old for games then so I guess that puts me in the upper percentiles age wise now… I was a crowd funder for this but never really got to grips until a recent HOTAS present removed the excuses for not giving things a proper go. Three months in I’m proud to say I’m a “David Hess” (YouTube) flight school graduate. His guides kicked me out the space station and into space. “High Res” bounty hunting Sidewinder to Viper, then Vulture and AspEx. Last Sunday saw a factory fresh Python to make a fleet of three. Combat skills with the Vulture are probably where I need most work. Easy stuff in a “Haz Res” is now simply that. Despatched with little or no drama. Dangerous and above and I often come out with a severe beating. Sometimes not at all. “FA off” flight school beckons next me thinks…

The AspEx has proved a superb buy. Base price is high and that’s before the mix of A and D spec kit that really makes it sing. 100 cargo and great speed and range are enough to make up for the propeller thruster noise. I’ve grown to like it. I think of it as a space fairing DC-3… Straight trading has proved reliable but time consuming. Really needs a dedicated bulk hauler. Much better returns seen on missions. That led to mining (learn to hide) and how profitable it is to bring out Osmium in bulk (much easier to find than Painite) and go round finding missions for it for quadruple+ the market price – nice. As seems the way with the games A.I, once it gets a sniff of proficiency in one area it appears to start pulling back the returns. That led to “EasyAsp Spaceline” and a shiny new orange colour scheme for the ever adaptable Asp. 64 and 32 economy and two 3 business class berths and the credits poured in again. 980k for one set of tourists in a 15 minute hop – nice.
    Sunday was said “day of firsts”. The Python was new, factory black with no name or number. Shake down run.

Configured for mining it popped into Delkar 7’s pristine metallic ring with 180 limpets. It emerged a couple of hours later with 28 Painite, 44 Platinum and a lovely 72 of Osmium. Sundry elements topped off the 188 haul. Well happy. At this point the sensible thing to do would be to find somewhere local to cash in and call it a day. But no, a Darwin Award was obviously due a visit.
    A “MUCH” better idea would be to haul it all down to Sutter Dock in Yan Musu for the 80+k Painite sticker price. After all I’d done it with the Asp four or five times without a hitch. It would be an interesting test of the new toy. Of course the one thing the build did not include was a fuel scoop. And if you select “fastest route” rather than “most economical” something interesting does indeed happen. Yep you run out of fuel. A first for this commander. In a system with only a nice orange main sequence scoopable star for company. Just to remind you how much of a berk you’ve been. I have a scoop. Of course I do. It’s on the Asp… Which is kind of ironic as it’s like a star hopping Gazelle. I got lazy on its ability to keep out of trouble by just jumping away. Now it’s just me and the sound of my crumbling ego. Or so I thought. But wait I’m not alone! I have company! An Elite NPC Cobra III and…oh look…he’s a pirate… I love an A.I with a sense of humour. So it’s first time on turrets too. Did I configure them? No time to check. Eek. But after an embarrassing fumble of a combat (I’m sure the Cobra couldn’t shoot straight for laughing) I managed to defend myself. He was dead and I was still out of fuel. And now damaged too. Another first was then to call the Fuel Rats. A brief exchange with the terse but highly efficient despatcher and I was told to relax as help was on the way **. Relax? Like I could do anything else… So, as I relaxed to the cracking sound of ice forming on the inside of the canopy I thought about how far this game has come since I played it on the Atari. It’s epic. It’s massive in breadth, depth and appeal. The learning curve is steep. But the gains are there for the dedicated. It’s brutal and rewarding in equal measure.

Elite Dangerous: Where the lead lifebelts are free and plentiful…

It’s good to be back. Fly safe and watch your six.
    Commander Koenig

** Big thanks to Valkyrien Terona. Fuel Rat and preventer of Darwin Award to this grateful pilot.

Originally Posted by Juniusdrakus View Post (Source)
    Engineered type 9 pilot just stopping by to say hello!!

Ps. Please fix the CG trade science and research tab
    Originally Posted by fragg-off View Post (Source)
    Hi all,
    Playing since release on PS4. I did originally buy in to the kick starter way back, and dabbled a bit on the PC.
    I lovethe PS4 version and cant wait to see what the future holds.

Great game!

Welcome to the great family of the Elite on the forums ! Commanders. And fly safe

Originally Posted by Koenig View Post (Source)
    Hi everyone – first post so this seemed the best place to start. I’ve got some previous as an elite veteran of Elite on the Atari STE. I was told I was too old for games then so I guess that puts me in the upper percentiles age wise now… I was a crowd funder for this but never really got to grips until a recent HOTAS present removed the excuses for not giving things a proper go. Three months in I’m proud to say I’m a “David Hess” (YouTube) flight school graduate. His guides kicked me out the space station and into space. “High Res” bounty hunting Sidewinder to Viper, then Vulture and AspEx. Last Sunday saw a factory fresh Python to make a fleet of three. Combat skills with the Vulture are probably where I need most work. Easy stuff in a “Haz Res” is now simply that. Despatched with little or no drama. Dangerous and above and I often come out with a severe beating. Sometimes not at all. “FA off” flight school beckons next me thinks…

The AspEx has proved a superb buy. Base price is high and that’s before the mix of A and D spec kit that really makes it sing. 100 cargo and great speed and range are enough to make up for the propeller thruster noise. I’ve grown to like it. I think of it as a space fairing DC-3… Straight trading has proved reliable but time consuming. Really needs a dedicated bulk hauler. Much better returns seen on missions. That led to mining (learn to hide) and how profitable it is to bring out Osmium in bulk (much easier to find than Painite) and go round finding missions for it for quadruple+ the market price – nice. As seems the way with the games A.I, once it gets a sniff of proficiency in one area it appears to start pulling back the returns. That led to “EasyAsp Spaceline” and a shiny new orange colour scheme for the ever adaptable Asp. 64 and 32 economy and two 3 business class berths and the credits poured in again. 980k for one set of tourists in a 15 minute hop – nice.
    Sunday was said “day of firsts”. The Python was new, factory black with no name or number. Shake down run.

Configured for mining it popped into Delkar 7’s pristine metallic ring with 180 limpets. It emerged a couple of hours later with 28 Painite, 44 Platinum and a lovely 72 of Osmium. Sundry elements topped off the 188 haul. Well happy. At this point the sensible thing to do would be to find somewhere local to cash in and call it a day. But no, a Darwin Award was obviously due a visit.
    A “MUCH” better idea would be to haul it all down to Sutter Dock in Yan Musu for the 80+k Painite sticker price. After all I’d done it with the Asp four or five times without a hitch. It would be an interesting test of the new toy. Of course the one thing the build did not include was a fuel scoop. And if you select “fastest route” rather than “most economical” something interesting does indeed happen. Yep you run out of fuel. A first for this commander. In a system with only a nice orange main sequence scoopable star for company. Just to remind you how much of a berk you’ve been. I have a scoop. Of course I do. It’s on the Asp… Which is kind of ironic as it’s like a star hopping Gazelle. I got lazy on its ability to keep out of trouble by just jumping away. Now it’s just me and the sound of my crumbling ego. Or so I thought. But wait I’m not alone! I have company! An Elite NPC Cobra III and…oh look…he’s a pirate… I love an A.I with a sense of humour. So it’s first time on turrets too. Did I configure them? No time to check. Eek. But after an embarrassing fumble of a combat (I’m sure the Cobra couldn’t shoot straight for laughing) I managed to defend myself. He was dead and I was still out of fuel. And now damaged too. Another first was then to call the Fuel Rats. A brief exchange with the terse but highly efficient despatcher and I was told to relax as help was on the way **. Relax? Like I could do anything else… So, as I relaxed to the cracking sound of ice forming on the inside of the canopy I thought about how far this game has come since I played it on the Atari. It’s epic. It’s massive in breadth, depth and appeal. The learning curve is steep. But the gains are there for the dedicated. It’s brutal and rewarding in equal measure.

Elite Dangerous: Where the lead lifebelts are free and plentiful…

It’s good to be back. Fly safe and watch your six.
    Commander Koenig

** Big thanks to Valkyrien Terona. Fuel Rat and preventer of Darwin Award to this grateful pilot.
    Welcome back to the great family of the Elite and welcome on the forums ! Commander. And fly safe

Thanks for the welcome.

Originally Posted by Ironshadow77 View Post (Source)
    Thanks for the welcome.
    Fly safe Commander.

Gaining Rank with the Federation

I have been frustrated because I have had this game for a year, playing off and on, and I still only have the Federation rank of None at 100%. I want to know how to, in the latest version of elite dangerous, gain the next reputation up. Not a stupid fast track on how to do it but actually where to go and what to do ti gain the next rank.

Originally Posted by SirPandaKing View Post (Source)
    I have been frustrated because I have had this game for a year, playing off and on, and I still only have the Federation rank of None at 100%. I want to know how to, in the latest version of elite dangerous, gain the next reputation up. Not a stupid fast track on how to do it but actually where to go and what to do ti gain the next rank.
    Welcome to the great family of the Elite! Commander. And fly safe --- You can find help here

New pilot, oh what lies in wait....

New to Elite but of like mind with you all , excited yet in awe at what lies ahead.

Originally Posted by PoetAnderson View Post (Source)
    New to Elite but of like mind with you all , excited yet in awe at what lies ahead.
    Welcome to the great family of the Elite on the forums ! Commander. And fly safe

New 2.4 beta 1

Likes the new Livery look. Been down to the unknown structure but could not get in. It looks cool from space and a lot like a spiral galaxy to me. The only thing i did not like was that other commanders thought it was an excuse to kill any one that whet there yes even me. Apart from the is was OK.

Originally Posted by sneaky_dogs View Post (Source)
    Likes the new Livery look. Been down to the unknown structure but could not get in. It looks cool from space and a lot like a spiral galaxy to me. The only thing i did not like was that other commanders thought it was an excuse to kill any one that whet there yes even me. Apart from the is was OK.
    Welcome to the great family of the Elite on the forums ! Commander. And fly safe

Page 379 of 379 FirstFirst ... 369375376377378379