Page 1 of 22 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Cobra Mk III Owner's Club

Cobra Mk III Owner's Club

I filtered by prefix, and to my surprise, there is apparently no Owner's Club thread for the Mk III.

So, I thought I'd start it. Share your thoughts, loadouts & suggestions for the ship here.

I'll make a more detailed post on my vessel later.

Looking forward to seeing your replies.
    Yes, I speak to a unicorn in my head. Yes, she's real. Deal with it.
    Member of DRX
    Xbox GT: V8UC UNICORN PC CMDR: Un1k0rn
    Cobra Mk III official Owner's Club: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...I-Owner-s-Club
    Flight System: Razer Ornata & Mamba | Saitek X52 | Speedlink Quinox | HyperX Cloud II | MSI Z97 GAMING 5 | 16GB Corsair Vengeance RAM | MSI GTX 960 4GB | Intel i5-4690 @ 3.5 GHZ

If anyone was to start a thread it would be the mk3 prevert himself. I have the mk3 and she's been a combat ship, a trade vessel and now she's a smuggling vessel, and she's unfettered by engineers as of yet but will be soon. She has the ship kit and a Union Jack paint job

Cobra is King: Enough said.
    WOOF! WOOF!

WHAT!? You think I said or did something wrong again? Blame T.j's cat.

8 out of 10 Cats, have me on their ignore lists: 5 out of 10 posters; have me on their kill lists?

Oh dear, it seems that I have joined the Elite. Does that mean, that now I have to oppress the masses?

I'm currently sleeping in the bunk behind the cockpit. Got a monitor attached to an external camera acting as a "window".

My dog, Fudge, likes it in here too. Things are a little cramped inside my quarters. Lots of junk laying about, a keg of ale under a small shelf. My private quarters is basically a bunk & a small kitchenette. Little shelf to use as a table.

Most of the space in my ship is taken up by cargo holds, internal hull plating, etc. Next month I'm hoping to be able to convert some of the cargo space into a cabin suitable for paying passengers. They'll probably have it more comfortable than me!

There again, when I'm not flying, landed somewhere remote on the surface of a desolate rock, I'm usually living in the cockpit. Bit more room in there, and proper seats at the flight stations, so that's where I read or listen to 21st century doom metal.

Obscure genre that's all but died out, but I've found plenty of examples in the digital archives.

Have also got an SRV in this baby, and I use it a lot as I often find wrecks with profitable salvage laying around.

My boat has a very rough paintjob. Primer isn't even painted over on some of the newer panels, and I had wanted to paint her orange... But coloured paint is expensive. So I had to settle for the white undercoat, with some orange accents on top. Hopefully next month, when I'm planning an overhaul of the ship, I'll be able to paint the SRV orange as well.

Yeah she's had some modifications made. Tuned the power plant to run a little colder, gave the engines a bit more oomph', and the bi-weave is a fair bit more resistant now. Takes longer to charge though.

I'm by no means done. I'm trying to pinpoint the materials I need to make more potent changes to the engines & shields. Haven't even touched the power distributor yet, and I know of blueprints to make weapons lighter. Hopefully I will be able to make those changes soon.

One day I'd like to take her to Jaques... But I'm going to wait for real haulage & passenger opportunities before I make the trip there. It's a little empty for me right now.
    Member of DRX
    Cobra Mk III official Owner's Club: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...I-Owner-s-Club
    Flight System: Razer Ornata & Mamba | Saitek X52 | Speedlink Quinox | HyperX Cloud II | MSI Z97 GAMING 5 | 16GB Corsair Vengeance RAM | MSI GTX 960 4GB | Intel i5-4690 @ 3.5 GHZ

"The Lamentation"

It's my armoured ship of the two ships I actively own (Occasionally buy siddy taxi A rated flying gas can to change ships)

Mine switches between wire frame and black chrome paint jobs

It's my bubble ship (dbx has nothing but a jump engine and a buggy)

When I get back from the edge I may play with it, give it some new under carriage as I keep getting them snagged on peoples canopies and the stairway is a bit bent and it wont hold vacuum in that compartment!
    Space is BIG very BIG

Ive had a cobra for a while, it has a large cargo space, decent combat abilities and i also have an extra internal for a d scanner, interdictor, extra fuel thank or a docking computer.
    its a great ship for everything, thats why i like it

Originally Posted by the_pazter View Post (Source)
    Ive had a cobra for a while, it has a large cargo space, decent combat abilities and i also have an extra internal for a d scanner, interdictor, extra fuel thank or a docking computer.
    its a great ship for everything, thats why i like it
    You don't need a docking computer on a Cobra; because you can barrel roll it through the mail slot.
    WOOF! WOOF!

8 out of 10 Cats, have me on their ignore lists: 5 out of 10 posters; have me on their kill lists?

Oh dear, it seems that I have joined the Elite. Does that mean, that now I have to oppress the masses?

I thank the stars you've finally got over your odd obsession with the awful Mk IV
    Dangerous
    Elite
    Elite

Originally Posted by BongoBaggins View Post (Source)
    I thank the stars you've finally got over your odd obsession with the awful Mk IV
    Still like it. She's a quality miner.
    Member of DRX

Originally Posted by BongoBaggins View Post (Source)
    Nothing wrong with the mark 4. Just needs sending to an engineer to sort the thrusters out.

https://coriolis.io/outfit/cobra_mk_...killer%20cobra
    WOOF! WOOF!

I can't do Engineers, I have a job
    Dangerous
    Elite
    Elite

Avid Cobra MK III fan here myself. So far we haven't seen a lot of builds posted, so I will start with a few.

DISCLAIMER: I only play solo or private since the engineers hit. I am not up for competitive pvp and enjoy the pve gameplay where I role-play as a commander, so my builds are geared towards an enjoyable pve experience.

One of my favorites, the heavy salvage retrieval Cobra: I do salvage missions with her. She is durable enough to take a few hits while scooping cargo and still fast enough to get away. I do planetary salvage without a buggy by flying real close to the surface and scoop stuff up with my ship. It works.

https://coriolis.io/outfit/cobra_mk_...alvage%20Cobra

Fast Smuggler Cobra:

https://coriolis.io/outfit/cobra_mk_...uggler%20Cobra

Inderdiction Escape Procedure with this ship: 4 pips engines, two pips weapons: submit, boost, boost, silent running, launch mines, wiggle left right with thrusters, engage FSD.

I've got a Cobra mk III to which I sometimes return with the Medusa paintscheme. You just have to love the stocky little machine which can truly do anything you need it to. sometime she's a bit starved for power though, but you can easily work around that.

Cobra III's a good ship, I'll always have one. It's speedy and sturdy.

Asp is my overwhelming favourite, though.

Originally Posted by Spacebaboy View Post (Source)
    Cobra III's a good ship, I'll always have one. It's speedy and sturdy.

Asp is my overwhelming favourite, though.
    I'd love the Asp, if it weren't for that horrible cockpit it has.
    Member of DRX

Page 1 of 22 1234511 ... LastLast