Page 4 of 7 First 23456 Last

Thread: Paladin Consortium Anniversary Event: SRV Grand Prix!

I'll be there and ready to compete.

Paroxsym, your signature mentions a youtube channel, but doesn't link or say what the channel name actually is. Can I get a hint? Searching "Paroxsym" and "Paroxsymal Gaming" on youtube got me nothing.

Me and my friend will try to be there on time, but I have one question: Won't there be a problem with pirates camping the system waiting for participants in Open Play? Sorry if it is a dumb question, but we were playing Private Group up to this point

Originally Posted by Kanzan View Post (Source)
    Me and my friend will try to be there on time, but I have one question: Won't there be a problem with pirates camping the system waiting for participants in Open Play? Sorry if it is a dumb question, but we were playing Private Group up to this point
    I guess it's always possible. If you're worried about losing your ship then get to the start line in private, deploy SRV, dismiss ship and then switch to Open. Your SRV is a much smaller target and besides, a few Tuscan Raiders camped out on the track will just make things more interesting!

I took a bunch of screenshots from the original route video and marked them up with red direction arrows and green visual cue markers. Anyway, thought people might find them useful for figuring out the route.

n.b. this is for the "Smooth Wipe" route, go to the left of that central mound for the "sore pass"

n.b. for me this sloping outcrop (marked in green) was the single most important visual cue on the entire course

Great "summary" and "waypoints/marks" there!

I'll still be at work when this kicks off.

Bumped into Timmy Brabston (winner of the 3302 Hutton Cup) doing his first recce of the course this morning. Gave him a guided ship tour of the circuit (and promptly got lost!) and then took the liberty of videoing a bit of his first attempt in the SRV (hope you don't mind Timmy).

Course and race planning by Paladin Consortium
    Driving by Timmy Brabston
    Camera work by Alec Turner
    Music by Mogwai

I think that you might need to introduce a rule about the amount of air time a land vehicle is allowed to have (speaking as the last finisher in the 3302 Hutton Cup)

Originally Posted by Ian Phillips View Post (Source)
    I think that you might need to introduce a rule about the amount of air time a land vehicle is allowed to have (speaking as the last finisher in the 3302 Hutton Cup)

LOL. Are you competing in this one Ian? (it's a terrific course)

Originally Posted by hillkillr View Post (Source)
    I'll be there and ready to compete.

Paroxsym, your signature mentions a youtube channel, but doesn't link or say what the channel name actually is. Can I get a hint? Searching "Paroxsym" and "Paroxsymal Gaming" on youtube got me nothing.

Its Paroxsymal Gaming, though YT likes to change the spelling on you when you search it. So instead, heres a direct link: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWX...EzClwtOeQlvPWQ

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

Originally Posted by Alec Turner View Post (Source)
    I took a bunch of screenshots from the original route video and marked them up with red direction arrows and green visual cue markers. Anyway, thought people might find them useful for figuring out the route.
    Thats fantastic work, thank you!

Originally Posted by Ian Phillips View Post (Source)
    LOL

Its fair to use thrusters to navigate the course, but those rocks on the track can make landings difficult, couple that with the planet surface being mostly ice, and lowwww gravity. Fun times indeed

Don't see this on twitch?

I'm on for this race !
    But geez, this planet is soo slippery..

Originally Posted by Plodd View Post (Source)
    Don't see this on twitch?
    It starts tomorrow at 20:00 GMT/UTC

Originally Posted by Alec Turner View Post (Source)
    Bumped into Timmy Brabston (winner of the 3302 Hutton Cup) doing his first recce of the course this morning. Gave him a guided ship tour of the circuit (and promptly got lost!) and then took the liberty of videoing a bit of his first attempt in the SRV (hope you don't mind Timmy).

Course and race planning by Paladin Consortium
    Driving by Timmy Brabston
    Camera work by Alec Turner
    Music by Mogwai

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVAy0VI2jbI
    Haha! Cool video and thanks for lighting up the track for me!