Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Battletech: Any other backers?

Battletech: Any other backers?

Hidy ho all, I just backed battle tech on their website. I would have backed them on kickstarter, but I had no idea they were creating another battle tech game, till it ended.

I'm curious, did anyone else back this game?

Haven't backed it. Not my kind of game, as I prefer the MechWarrior style gameplay. (MW3 was my first online game!)

Had this at least been a Mechcommander game I probably would have jumped on it.
    (Basically, I find turnbased games to be boring)

I do however like seeing just how grounded the developers of Battletech are.

They have a decent track record too. If you look at any of the newer shadow run games, you can see some really good heads in there. Though I haven't played any other games by them myself, I've heard of a few blunders.

Can't comment on any recent one, but I have an older game of Battletech, it was ace. I think I played it on a Pentium, so probably around 1996.

I backed in the Kickstarter. Haven't followed it much as they're going to take time to do it right, but their last video is showing a game I want to play!

I didn't back it at the time, as I was till sore from PGI and MWO - but this looks good - I still play tabletop, so looking forward to it.

Yes, I was a Kickstarter backer.

Backer.

Still play classic and Alpha Strike. I play classic with out hexes though. Can't stand that on a beautiful table.

The Battletech Beta dropped today & I've just played my first game.

It's VERY polished but it's only a 1v1 (AI) skirmish so far but it's a lot of fun. It kinda reminds me of the ED alpha, which is high praise indeed!

Battletech looks interesting, but I never back anything. Looks like XCOM with Battlemechs. Lol

Currently milling about in MechWarrior Online, it's not bad, but not good either. It's a good break from ED, but it's all meaningless 12v12 battles on the same 11 maps, of which the voting system only ever selects 3-4. Lol
    Their faction play thingie seems to require excessive grind to even get in to..

Looking forward to MechWarrior 5 though.

Originally Posted by mattig89ch View Post (Source)
    Hidy ho all, I just backed battle tech on their website. I would have backed them on kickstarter, but I had no idea they were creating another battle tech game, till it ended.

I'm curious, did anyone else back this game?

Thank you for this!!! anything mech is my thang!!

Yep. The beta's out. Will take a look later.

Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast