Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123458 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Battletech: Any other backers?

Originally Posted by Jenner View Post (Source)
    So I broke my own promise to never kickstart anything again and got myself the 'late backer' pledge for this. Seems like it's right around the corner and all the things I've seen so far suggest they're taking it in the right direction. I loved Mech Commander 2 back in the day, and have enjoyed many Battletech games over the years. Looking forward to this one!

Polygon has a big cover story up on all the Battletech goodness coming soon. The second part of it talks about this particular game from HBS.
    https://www.polygon.com/features/201...tarter-firefly
    Wait.. what? Piranha is making a single player Mechwarrior? o_O And on topic, this Battletech does sound good, but I'll wait until its out.

Yeah I backed the Kickstarter .. partly because of the chance to use Big Stomping Mechs, but also through trust in the development team, previous games created (Shadowrun esp) and the management involved.

I grew up playing a lot of the games these guys created, both boardgames and the early days of Computer games and they have always just hit the sweet spot, so was very happy and not nervous about backing them from the beginning

Latest Dev Q and A livestream:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/229057003

Originally Posted by Ansallar View Post (Source)
    Yeah I backed the Kickstarter .. partly because of the chance to use Big Stomping Mechs, but also through trust in the development team, previous games created (Shadowrun esp) and the management involved.

I grew up playing a lot of the games these guys created, both boardgames and the early days of Computer games and they have always just hit the sweet spot, so was very happy and not nervous about backing them from the beginning
    Grew up mostly with Shadowrun P&P but also mechwarrior computer games. Never got to play the boardgame.

I DID manage to get a photo with Weisman on the Paradox meeting when they announced their co-operation with Paradox as a publisher though.

And considering their track record with the shadowrun computer games and the Wasteland 2 game I had no hesitation in backing them.

Battletech has a release date window now: April 2018!

Battletech has a release date window now: April 2018!
    Last i heard it's April 8th 2018.

Originally Posted by Snarfbuckle View Post (Source)
    Last i heard it's April 8th 2018.
    Really? Got a source for that? I can't find any specific dates. Just "April."

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/241584042

Last stream, which was all about battlefield tactics and game mechanics. Starts about 1:18:39, as the first half was about Surviving Mars.

I just found out that there’s a Mercenary Commander option, just like the one from the original Mechwarriorgame. No story you have to follow, not preset campaign, just you wandering the Inner Sphere, trying to keep your mechs in working order.

It’s now on preorder.

Just received an email from Harebrained Schemes - The official release date is April 24th.

Originally Posted by Marak View Post (Source)
    Just received an email from Harebrained Schemes - The official release date is April 24th.
    Darn it, another whole month...

And it appears the macOS version is released at the same time. Good going HS!

Huzzah!

Ah! Yey! I played the solo Beta a little and it was great.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/241584042

Last stream, which was all about battlefield tactics and game mechanics. Starts about 1:18:39, as the first half was about Surviving Mars.
    Why do i get to a paradox games streams with the link?

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123458 ... LastLast