Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Feedback for space game play

Originally Posted by Steve Kirby View Post (Source)
    Hi Commanders,

We have added more details to Galnet to help you test the Unregistered Satellites.

Thanks

Steve K
    Looks like a third party-tool-record-sound-analyze-thing again? I mean - it´s ok from time to time, but in the main game I think everything should be solvable within the game. Immersion and stuff, you know.

Neues deutsches Forum: www.elite-commanders.de
    Mark Allen: "While it's true that the PvP crowd do tend to be more vocal and in previous betas have given more organised feedback, we're well aware that the majority of players don't get involved in PvP." (22nd of Nov, 2016)

2. Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. #167
    Lead Games Designer
    Frontier Developments

Originally Posted by iFred View Post (Source)
    Looks like a third party-tool-record-sound-analyze-thing again? I mean - it´s ok from time to time, but in the main game I think everything should be solvable within the game. Immersion and stuff, you know.
    No third party tool is required to solve these.
    --Steve

Kthx

Mark Allen: "While it's true that the PvP crowd do tend to be more vocal and in previous betas have given more organised feedback, we're well aware that the majority of players don't get involved in PvP." (22nd of Nov, 2016)

4. Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. #169
    Lead Games Designer
    Frontier Developments

Originally Posted by EidLeWeise View Post (Source)
    Where do we have to go for these? I was flying around Lave a bit yesterday and didn't see owt. I was dropping in on USS and looking for 'things' but with no luck.
    You are looking for a signal source called "Unregistered Comms Beacon"
    I have put the locations and times of day that they transmit on Galnet.

Hope that helps

Steve K
    --Steve

Hope that helps

Steve K
    Found one. See the satellite. Cant do anything with it. If I put it into my target it doesnt even show a name (left side, shipmenu), just "<>". Pinging, ECM´ing, Fighter-Ing , Shooting, Ramming and fighter-ramming doesnt do anything. Manifestscanning also.

So? Scooping is also not working

Edit: I should have read Galnet. )

Sincerly, I think this isn't a gameplay. For those who do not know the mechanic, they will come, and will leave soon afther without even knowing that there would be a lot of thing to do here.

I went to the beacon to Eravate, and waited for the signal. But the signal lasts more than 10 minutes to write each number after each other !!! It's too long, and then, we do not known waht to do whit this signal...

Your gameplay need to be more visually consistant for the player. Scan this beacon, get a data in your data inventory (perhaps with some clues). And after, insert mechanics in game for reading data visualy (a contact in certains place for treatment of private data, engineers may be), for make data consisting like program code with a hidden code/enigma/cryptogram in it.

Unfortunately bad to understand. There are numbers announced as far as I have understood. The one repeats itself often, but is probably not binary because also three and six occurs. I can not do anything with it.

Hope that helps

Steve K
    Numbers stations . I had a listen to the Sol one just now for about 10 minutes, noted down a few iterations - some numbers change, some numbers stay the same in each cycle. However the game's incidental music kept cutting in and drowning out the numbers, and I couldn't go turn it down or I'd have lost even more numbers. I also wasn't sure about any grouping of the digits - the timing gap between each number and each digit is very similar.

I am uploading my video from Lave 2 just now It'll be available at https://youtu.be/K2kg_Fgy_tw

It's a (approximately) 10 minute long clip, repeated once. That I've written down and verified to be
    YANKEE
    06111555551111111113111131111111111111111111999119117111111111111111111111111113111136655555011111011110111101111111111111111111111111

Of the top of my head it's not straight numeric to ASCII since some of the values would be 55. Neither is it Hexadecimal or Octal

I suppose pen and paper or notepad maybe don't count as 3rd party tools, however figuring this out WILL take you out of the game, since I certainly can't listen to a string of numbers going on for 10 minutes and think AHHHHH that means I need to go and do this.

Did it provide interesting game play?
    I've not figured it out yet and listening to a satellite broadcasting numbers for me to write down for 20 minutes is not what I'd call interesting as such. On the other hand it DID make me think "WHAT THE?!" and I am still thinking about it OUT OF GAME
    Did it make sense as a sequence?
    Not immediately no
    Were there issues with the flow or mechanics? If so, please specify with as much detail as possible.

Honestly I think it depends where you want to go with on this. As something for the guys at cannon etc to get their teeth into this could be awesome. However as "gameplay" for the 99% of us I suspect it requires too much patience and out of game thinking. EVEN if the recording was
    Golf Oscar [space] Tango Oscar [space] Lima Alpha Victor Echo [space] Two [space] Alpha Tango [space] Two Two [space] Hotel Uniform November Delta Romeo Echo Delta [space] Hotel Oscar Uniform Romeo Sierra [space] Foxtrot Oscar Romeo [space] November Echo X-ray Tango [space] Mike Echo Sierra Sierra Alpha Golf Echo
    I suspect most people wouldn't stop and listen to it all...

As wstephenson says I wanted to go turn my music off to get a better recording, but couldn't since I'd miss some.

Sincerely, Eid

Hi there. I was hoping to test out "Missions from Trade Beacon" signal sources-which I thought meant weapons dealers as well. However, when I drop out at the "weapons wanted" signals, no missions are forthcoming. Where is the best place to test these new mission sources, & how do I go about doing it?

While i like the mystery around these comm beacons, its hard to take part in VR as you dont have access to a notepad, without taking off the HMD and by that not only remove the immersion, but also the headphones from the ears.

A simple ingame notepad to write down plain text (and probably save it to disc) would be beyond awesome...

edit: yes, i could use the textchat and screenshot it... Just came to mind. Regardless, the option to write and save notes from inside the game would be awesome
    "Foxtrott-Romeo-Alpha" - CMDR Francis G. Blackly - Soldier of Fortune since 3270
    Pilot of the Asp Explorer
    "DSEV Cayetano Valdés" <- Click for Coriolis Data
    Be a commander, fly a spaceship, live the adventure.

EidLeWeise's transmission with spaces included (as I heard them) ...

YANKEE

Yankee Cyphering from the Clockmaker - The Sayings and Doings of Sam Slick of Slickville??

Sounds a bit like a "Numbers Station" - so easy, get out my one-time pad ... hang on, I don't have one!

Originally Posted by Zakalwe88 View Post (Source)
    Sounds a bit like a "Numbers Station" - so easy, get out my one-time pad ... hang on, I don't have one!
    Anything in the Galnet news for Lave.

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314 LastLast