Page 1 of 43 1234511 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Ship transfer Times

Ship transfer Times

Im not sure about the current wait times for ship transfers.

I wanted my Asp from a system 167ly away and it was a 30 minute wait time with a cost of 100k credits.

I accepted the transfer and the timer started, after around 2 mins i got bored and flew out the station and moved to another system (I was looking for stations that sold fighter bays).

After i got to another system I docked at a station and saw that i still had over 20 mins to wait, and there was no option to redirect my ship in transit to the station i was now at.

This means i would have to fly back to that other station for my ship or pay again and wait longer for my ship to be moved to my new location once it arrives at the old one.

I think this needs a lot of work before it will be ready for the main release of the game.

A 30 min wait time for 167ly is a bit long i think, I could do that in my anaconda in like half the time. Sure theres the docking and retrieval, but I bet i would be in my Asp in half the time doing it manually.

Originally Posted by Soon(TM) View Post (Source)

I wanted my Asp from a system 167ly away and it was a 30 minute wait time with a cost of 100k credits.

I accepted the transfer and the timer started, after around 2 mins i got bored and flew out the station and moved to another system (I was looking for stations that sold fighter bays).

After i got to another system I docked at a station and saw that i still had over 20 mins to wait, and there was no option to redirect my ship in transit to the station i was now at.

This means i would have to fly back to that other station for my ship or pay again and wait longer for my ship to be moved to my new location once it arrives at the old one.

I think this needs a lot of work before it will be ready for the main release of the game.

A 30 min wait time for 167ly is a bit long i think, I could do that in my anaconda in like 4 jumps that take around 5 minutes. Sure theres the docking and retrieval, but I bet i would be in my Asp in half the time doing it manually.
    I really do not see the issue, why would it need to be faster? getting a taxi, going there, going back, would probably be longer then 30 min.

That sounds a little long/expensive for 167ly. I feel like it should be cheaper, or shorter...

A 30 min wait time for 167ly is a bit long i think, I could do that in my anaconda in like half the time. Sure theres the docking and retrieval, but I bet i would be in my Asp in half the time doing it manually.
    Nope, this is exactly what people asked for. To remove any ship from the game for N period whilst it transferred. I am sure this is what 70% of people asked for. So that's what we get.

Originally Posted by xondk View Post (Source)
    I really do not see the issue, why would it need to be faster? getting a taxi, going there, going back, would probably be longer then 30 min.
    The whole point of ship transfers was to help players get their ships to them faster and more efficiently than doing the run themselves, with the cost, and a 30 min wait time I do not see how this is currently effective?

If i want to move to another system after I have ordered my ship I have an issue, because i have no way to redirect my ship in transit, so my only options are to wait or move on and then either go back for the ship when it arrives or pay for it to be moved to my new location; I can't see how that is a good mechanic.

Just my opionion of course, which is just as valid as yours BTW.

It rather depends on the design use case of the Ship Transfer feature - for co-locating one's ships after "moving home" it will work well.

For having ships follow one about, not so much.

Originally Posted by xondk View Post (Source)
    And not only that, you are now free to do other stuff while the ship is being transferred.

The whole point of ship transfers was to help players get their ships to them faster and more efficiently than doing the run themselves, with the cost, and a 30 min wait time I do not see how this is currently effective?

If i want to move to another system after I have ordered my ship I have an issue, because i have no way to redirect my ship in transit, so my only options are to wait or move on and then either go back for the ship when it arrives or pay for it to be moved to my new location; I can't see how that is a good mechanic.

No doubt...

FD should probably re-program it to read your mind and have any ship arrive anywhere you go before you get there after you change your mind 3 or 4 times...

I can't see how that is a good mechanic.
    It frees up your time to do something else for 30 minutes rather than fly somewhere and pick it up yourself. You can be earning credits for that 30 minutes by running missions etc etc....

So basically useless then.

My Corvette could go that distance much faster then 30 minutes.

Another feature to never use unless they change the times (Thankfully, we have this beta)

GG everyone.

It frees up your time to do something else for 30 minutes rather than fly somewhere and pick it up yourself. You can be earning credits for that 30 minutes by running missions etc etc....
    And what if I don't care to do that?

This feature as of right now, is utterly useless. It's better just to fly the ship there, I could actually do it faster that way.

That was the entire point of adding delivery times: require planning of ship deliveries. So, working as intended, sorry

Originally Posted by Robert Maynard View Post (Source)
    It rather depends on the design use case of the Ship Transfer feature - for co-locating one's ships after "moving home" it will work well.

For having ships follow one about, not so much.
    Frankly people were too busy demanding the delay to be added, to worry about use case scenarios. Frontier has done what the majority want, how usable that will be, will be illustrated in Beta.

Originally Posted by GJ51 View Post (Source)
    No doubt...

FD should probably re-program it to read your mind and have any ship arrive anywhere you go before you get there after you change your mind 3 or 4 times...
    Thanks. I hope its in development.

167 ly and 30 minutes - OK for me.

Originally Posted by Crusina Luachra View Post (Source)
    So basically useless then.
    More like working as intended - not as a replacement of travelling around, but as a tool to relocate your home base. The moment ship transfer is faster than travelling yourself is the moment where the game enters the "taxi meta" territory.

Page 1 of 43 1234511 ... LastLast