Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 162223242526

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Beta 2.2 - Update 3

Well it's been a week now and beta 3 and I still have not been able to play for more then one minute before going to desktop I hope beta 4 is a lot more stable..
    I'm a trader not a fighter baby....lol

In game CMDR OSBO89

i7 950 4.20ghz 16 gigs memory NVidia gtx 970 and 780
    matrox tripplehead to go 3x24 inch monitors plus two 22 inch monitors trackIR v5 windows 7 home premium.

Originally Posted by InlineSix View Post (Source)
    If beta 3 would be the release version I would stand no chance of playing more than 10 minutes in a row.

Crashes in the crew menu, crashes when releasing fighters etc. etc. etc.

Hopefully this will not be another premature release.
    Originally Posted by Osbo89 View Post (Source)
    Well it's been a week now and beta 3 and I still have not been able to play for more then one minute before going to desktop I hope beta 4 is a lot more stable..

I get the feeling Beta 4 should have been released by now, but Frontier have ended up caught up in a cycle of trying to implement as many severe level problems as possible to roll out in Beta 4, but more and more critical issues keep cropping up.

Such as the Non-GCN AMD GPU crash which they may not have been fully aware until a couple of days ago regarding the exact change introduced in 2.2 which caused the problem, nor how to directly apply a fix that's exclusive to such a narrow range of hardware that's likely beyond the scope of their standard test machine environments.
    The popular stereotype of the researcher is that of a skeptic and a pessimist. Nothing could be further from the truth! Scientists must be optimists at heart, in order to block out the incessant chorus of those who say "It cannot be done." - Academician Prokhor Zakharov, University Commencement

Commanders, please be aware that this is a local forum for local posters. We'll have no trouble here.

Originally Posted by bluejay0013 View Post (Source)
    YES THAT IS EXACTLY IT, THANK YOU IM NOT THE ONLY ONE! sorry for caps, its good to see this.
    There's a few bug reports relating to audio on the bug reporting forum for the beta. Why's everyone sending support tickets in?

Originally Posted by Tikigod View Post (Source)

I get the feeling Beta 4 should have been released by now, but Frontier have ended up caught up in a cycle of trying to implement as many severe level problems as possible to roll out in Beta 4, but more and more critical issues keep cropping up.

Such as the Non-GCN AMD GPU crash which they may not have been fully aware until a couple of days ago regarding the exact change introduced in 2.2 which caused the problem, nor how to directly apply a fix that's exclusive to such a narrow range of hardware that's likely beyond the scope of their standard test machine environments.
    I reckon beta 4 has been dropped altogether, bug reporting staff seem to be quoting beta 5 as the "fix" for that (though just how much you can do for GPU's that haven't been supported by their manufacturer for a year is limited). Personally I would be surprised to see those cards lasting beyond the end of this season before support for them is dropped altogether by FD.
    My System:
    AMD Athlon 860k, MSI A88X-G45 Gaming MoBo, 16GB DDR3, Asus Strix GTX 960 OC 2GB, Windows 10.

Originally Posted by MickyG1982 View Post (Source)
    I reckon beta 4 has been dropped altogether, bug reporting staff seem to be quoting beta 5 as the "fix" for that (though just how much you can do for GPU's that haven't been supported by their manufacturer for a year is limited). Personally I would be surprised to see those cards lasting beyond the end of this season before support for them is dropped altogether by FD.
    Nope.

Beta 4 now out, pre-GCN AMD card support now back and working.
    The popular stereotype of the researcher is that of a skeptic and a pessimist. Nothing could be further from the truth! Scientists must be optimists at heart, in order to block out the incessant chorus of those who say "It cannot be done." - Academician Prokhor Zakharov, University Commencement

Commanders, please be aware that this is a local forum for local posters. We'll have no trouble here.

Originally Posted by Tikigod View Post (Source)
    Nope.

Beta 4 now out, pre-GCN AMD card support now back and working.
    Pardon my ignorance but what does "pre-GCN" mean?
    Cmdr Kantos Kan, Trader, Explorer and occasional Bounty Hunter

Originally Posted by CMDR Kantos Kan View Post (Source)
    Pardon my ignorance but what does "pre-GCN" mean?
    Anything on the list below, support for them has been dropped by AMD so they haven't had a driver update in almost a year, plus are not likely to ever have another.

Applicable Products:
    ​AMD Radeon™ R5 235X, Radeon™ R5 235, Radeon R5™ 230, Radeon™​ R5 220 Series Graphics
    AMD Radeon™ HD 8470, Radeon™ HD 8350, Radeon™​ HD 8000 (D/G variants) Series Graphics​
    AMD Radeon™ HD 7000 – HD 7600 (including A/D/G/M variants) Series Graphics
    AMD Radeon™ HD 6000 (including A/D/G/M variants) Series Graphics
    AMD Radeon™ HD 5000 (including M variant) Series Graphics

http://support.amd.com/en-us/downloa...%2010%20-%2064
    My System:
    AMD Athlon 860k, MSI A88X-G45 Gaming MoBo, 16GB DDR3, Asus Strix GTX 960 OC 2GB, Windows 10.

Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 162223242526