Page 240 of 240 FirstFirst ... 230236237238239240
Results 3,586 to 3,600 of 3600

Thread: Geyser and Fumarole Location Catalog and Data Collection

Hi all!

After a break of 5 months [ https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...in-2018/page14 ] I reinstalled the game to try the "new" planets ... once again I am deeply in disagreement with the development of the E : D ... I think I will remove the game from my PC for another 5 months.

Images of the site:

Today I found a field of active fumaroles, this place has never been visited before ... apparently I am the first commander who landed here.

Complete information to reach the site below.

Target System: ONGKALA
    Distance from SOL system: 124.80LY
    Target Planet: ONGKALA 1 A A
    Planet type: Rocky Body
    Planet radius: 753Km
    Volcanism type: SILICATE VAPOUR - GEYSERS

SILICATE VAPOUR POI Coordinates:
    LATITUDE 51.7194
    LONGITUDE 135.4311

@all can it be that currently the whole stuff is slightly bugged?
    On HIP 79732 1 c a I get during glide a mini POI (indicating volcanism) at -0.0987 / -26.7, but when going down there is nothing.
    Upon relogg it appears as shrinking mega-POI indicating a solitary outcrop - but also non of those.....
    Frequently, although beeing at a save glid-angle > -10 the glide stops without reason in heights between 25 and 15 Km......

Someone experienced similar occasions ?

Originally Posted by Xenia_K View Post (Source)
    On HIP 79732 1 c a I get during glide a mini POI (indicating volcanism) at -0.0987 / -26.7, but when going down there is nothing.
    Upon relogg it appears as shrinking mega-POI indicating a solitary outcrop - but also non of those.....
    Frequently, although beeing at a save glid-angle > -10 the glide stops without reason in heights between 25 and 15 Km......

Missing stuff on the surface, very rarely I cannot identify the rock, and because they are not important I move on, probably one of these.

Glide angle, by no means this is constant and always allowing you to go 8 degrees. On most bodies I have areas where I have to keep angle about 15 or I get dropped from glide. I try to watch the horizon and play with my angle, but I do not have anything solid. Most of the time I keep a shallow angle, if I get dropped to soon, then I do couple of glides with steeper angle, and after that I go back to normal routine.
    I hope one day somebody will figure it out

Originally Posted by D.D.Hariman View Post (Source)
    Ok. I have the sound and I know hat it is. Can yo figure it out?? >>>>> https://drive.google.com/open?id=12t...aWq_D1mfHe_CUF
    I told you (nice to be right ), that is a contact appearing on your sensors, a ship next to whatever is down there

Originally Posted by Baton View Post (Source)
    How about:
    1. a sound when you get/loose contact on the sensors? Maybe because there is something like a skimmer in this POI and you get the sound.....

2. mass lock indicator
    Well,, it isn't a "skimmer" in the POI and yes it does appear to be a contact appearing on the scanner, but I DO not get the sound with every contact that appears on the scanner.. I am now wondering what was special about that contact.

Well,, it isn't a "skimmer" in the POI and yes it does appear to be a contact appearing on the scanner, but I DO not get the sound with every contact that appears on the scanner.. I am now wondering what was special about that contact.
    When you first asked about it I was not aware of your sight state, and did not expect you may miss something, which for me is quite obvious. I play this too long and take certain things for granted, but always promise to try do better next time. Lots of things make sound in ED, for example contacts on your sensors, one when they show in, and one when they disappear.
    There is no sound I am aware of that will help you find organics or volcanism (apart from yourself cheering, when you finally get one )

Missing stuff on the surface, very rarely I cannot identify the rock, and because they are not important I move on, probably one of these....
    problem was I even got in the SRV and zero contact all around.....

problem was I even got in the SRV and zero contact all around.....
    I personally ignore places like this apart from marking the coordinates on my spreadsheet, for me does not look significant, and trying to get the support to check it seems like a mission very impossible
    I would say 1 out of 8 I cannot find anything on the ground looking from the ship.

When you first asked about it I was not aware of your sight state, and did not expect you may miss something, which for me is quite obvious. I play this too long and take certain things for granted, but always promise to try do better next time. Lots of things make sound in ED, for example contacts on your sensors, one when they show in, and one when they disappear.
    There is no sound I am aware of that will help you find organics or volcanism (apart from yourself cheering, when you finally get one )
    I did not really expect there to be a sound for each POI,, only those within the scanner range but outside the display range.

I have now looked very closely in slow motion at that contact that seems to be the cause of the sound and when it first appears and the sound happens, the contact is showing the color for hostile. At normal speed I doubt that can be seen. As I said, I do not get that sound every time a contact shows up on the scanner. Just very occasional.

I also reached the conclusion that since correcting for the curve automatically would be a moving target with each change of latitude, these routines will likely work best on a longitudinal pattern. Yes, there would be major overlap at the poles, but, the time saved and precision of the track should make the whole search faster.
    Ok, I now have almost 3 complete longitudinal trips (about 90 glides) around a 758km radius planet and I am starting to get significant bearing drift as I approach the end of the 3rd pass at -65 lat going toward -90.

Thinking about it, I don't think it is going to cause any significant if any at all un-searched area.

I now recognize that my error has been that on the first jump after I have passed the -90/+90 and started back toward the equator, all I did was adjust the bearing but what I failed to do was get lined up on the correct longitude line. Won't make that mistake again and that should prevent future drift. I hope..

I do not intent to survey this whole planet. Just find my first volcanic location so I can see first hand what an iron magma one looks like. Also need some Antimony. I could probably find it a lot quicker in the SRV, but, I started the game just after my 67th b-day and figured I had 33 years to have fun. I still have 31.5 years to have fun.

YMMV

I know it feel without reason, but I suspect it isn't. During my current survey watching the ground as I glide I notice far more glides end early in certain areas than others. For instance in some areas I hit the tick around 38km high and I usually end the glide early, this is mainly in the north part of the body, in the south the tick hits well above 40km, usually around 42km and I usually get a full length glide, unless I am flying over mountainous terrain where it almost always ends early, so I suspect it's a lot to do with local geography which at the height we are flying is not always obvious. Keep an eye on the tick height and glide length and see if you experience the same when it changes slightly.

Originally Posted by varonica View Post (Source)
    I know it feel without reason, but I suspect it isn't. During my current survey watching the ground as I glide I notice far more glides end early in certain areas than others. For instance in some areas I hit the tick around 38km high and I usually end the glide early, this is mainly in the north part of the body, in the south the tick hits well above 40km, usually around 42km and I usually get a full length glide, unless I am flying over mountainous terrain where it almost always ends early, so I suspect it's a lot to do with local geography which at the height we are flying is not always obvious. Keep an eye on the tick height and glide length and see if you experience the same when it changes slightly.

Glad someone else has noticed this. I too get short glides over mountainous areas. TICK seems to stay pretty consistent on the body I am on.

I did not really expect there to be a sound for each POI,, only those within the scanner range but outside the display range.

I have now looked very closely in slow motion at that contact that seems to be the cause of the sound and when it first appears and the sound happens, the contact is showing the color for hostile. At normal speed I doubt that can be seen. As I said, I do not get that sound every time a contact shows up on the scanner. Just very occasional.
    Ok, I now have clear evidence that the sound is not related to either a contact or a persistent POI. >>>> https://drive.google.com/open?id=1uE...50aGPGc2pl3mS-

Ok, I now have clear evidence that the sound is not related to either a contact or a persistent POI. >>>> https://drive.google.com/open?id=1uE...50aGPGc2pl3mS-
    as for missing POI's you are talking about in the movie seems to be PICNIC as we call it (Problem In Chair, Not In Computer), just before you land seeing two POI's , your sensors zoom is on maximum range, after you lift off it is on minimum range, so obviously you see much less

Glad someone else has noticed this. I too get short glides over mountainous areas. TICK seems to stay pretty consistent on the body I am on....
    Ok,that glide ends earlier over mountains (and lasts longer if ending over a deep crater) makes sense as glide end will be defined by absolute hight above terrain.
    Funny is that tick-height (and start glide as well) seems to be related to your computer as well - same body (HIP 79579 3 ac) with my office-computer glide starts at ~36km, with my game-lap its starts at 31 Km ..... same for the frequent early glidestops at 15-20 Km height or glide abort although angle of attack between -10 to -15, on my office machine at a rate of 4 times more frequent....