Page 190 of 190 FirstFirst ... 180186187188189190
Results 2,836 to 2,849 of 2849

Thread: Geyser and Fumarole Location Catalog and Data Collection

  1. #2836
    I wonder how the carrier ships will be moved around. Will they have a certain jump range? Will they be piloted?

    If the jumprange is like that of the Gnosis (about 400 Ly per week), then it will take a while to position the ship somewhere deep in the Galaxy like the Eorl Auwsy nebula.

  2. #2837
    Originally Posted by Maligno View Post (Source)
    I wonder how the carrier ships will be moved around. Will they have a certain jump range? Will they be piloted?

    If the jumprange is like that of the Gnosis (about 400 Ly per week), then it will take a while to position the ship somewhere deep in the Galaxy like the Eorl Auwsy nebula.
    I expect it will be greater than the Gnosis but slower than a good CMDR could fly solo. For instance If it took a week to get to Colonia that wouldn't be a big issue, that's plenty fast enough if you were using it with a secondary account, but may not work if it is your primary and only account.

    And talking about traveling, there I was heading back towards Colonia with the intention of getting to the bubble around, I hope, the big update, and what happens, I blunder into a cloud of virgin neutron stars! I haven't come across a single tagged one so far and I must be 40 or 50 into it. I am still heading at SAG A for a visit but of course I am only scanning the neutron stars on my path leaving unscanned neutron stars all around me.....maddening. I will mark the spot and we can all come out with the squad carrier and get them all!

  3. #2838
    Originally Posted by varonica View Post (Source)
    And talking about traveling, there I was heading back towards Colonia with the intention of getting to the bubble around, I hope, the big update, and what happens, I blunder into a cloud of virgin neutron stars! I haven't come across a single tagged one so far and I must be 40 or 50 into it. I am still heading at SAG A for a visit but of course I am only scanning the neutron stars on my path leaving unscanned neutron stars all around me.....maddening. I will mark the spot and we can all come out with the squad carrier and get them all!
    C'mon, there are places with thousands of undiscovered ones But if they have rings for example... that would be something, never seen one with ring and I did find plenty of neutron stars.. maybe one day..
    I agree it is maddening, when you filter the map to show only neutron stars and it looks way more dense then in the bubble with all star types on. I have couple of screenshots somewhere, but I would need a CG to find them

    Back in the day on my first flight to Colonia (not yet named Colonia) I came around a place when I made about 50 jumps across undiscovered black hole systems only, I thought it is very special then, but my perspective has changed since.

  4. #2839
    Originally Posted by Baton View Post (Source)
    C'mon, there are places with thousands of undiscovered ones But if they have rings for example... that would be something, never seen one with ring and I did find plenty of neutron stars.. maybe one day..
    I agree it is maddening, when you filter the map to show only neutron stars and it looks way more dense then in the bubble with all star types on. I have couple of screenshots somewhere, but I would need a CG to find them

    Back in the day on my first flight to Colonia (not yet named Colonia) I came around a place when I made about 50 jumps across undiscovered black hole systems only, I thought it is very special then, but my perspective has changed since.
    Perhaps so, yet on the way out here I stopped at a few neutron stars and every single one was already tagged, I must have been unknowingly following a super highway!

  5. #2840
    Originally Posted by varonica View Post (Source)
    Perhaps so, yet on the way out here I stopped at a few neutron stars and every single one was already tagged, I must have been unknowingly following a super highway!
    The way it works you need to go at least 1000ly up or down, then you get places like this (this is just random I found now, not so much dense really - https://i.imgur.com/uzyArCy.png

  6. #2841
    I wish there was a way to increase the size of the star markers. When the field of stars is sparse it's difficult to spot the stars you're looking for.

  7. #2842
    Originally Posted by Maligno View Post (Source)
    I wish there was a way to increase the size of the star markers. When the field of stars is sparse it's difficult to spot the stars you're looking for.
    Especially on the PS4. Sometimes you can’t even choose a specific system. You’ll have to zoom in and out and try to spot the name of the system you want and then enter the letters in the search box. Doesn’t work very well at all.

  8. #2843
    Hello CMDRS! A couple of updates for you.

    First, the new Beyond catalog is coming along nicely: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...IuCnfsxBGHz1eI

    Secondly, the website is undergoing some changes, feel free to take a look but be ware it's still a WIP: https://madraptor86.wixsite.com/mwsog


    Let me know what you guys think and I can't wait for what lies BEYOND!

  9. #2844
    Originally Posted by Rise Kraven View Post (Source)
    Ahaha I finally found it! It's my first, hope not last

    IC 1287 Sector BQ-Y d9
    3 b -50.8 | -22.3

    I also made a music video if you don't mind


  10. #2845
    Are black squares the key to everything?

    So today after FD support response I decided to test various graphic settings to see if I get the squares.

    Effect:

    Four fungal cones and two (3 now) geyser sites after two and a half hours of casual flying being more occupied with looking for black squares. Madness
    And the body is minor volcanism only, I would normally skip it but it was the closest to my position

    cones:
    Boewnst TG-J d10-1066 3 A -70.7605 156.0312
    Boewnst TG-J d10-1066 3 A 29.6992 -63.9187
    Boewnst TG-J d10-1066 3 A 12.2438 44.4636
    Boewnst TG-J d10-1066 3 A -6.9121 57.2536

    geysers:
    Boewnst TG-J d10-1066 3 A 33.898 22.9044
    Boewnst TG-J d10-1066 3 A -38.1846 -97.7069
    Boewnst TG-J d10-1066 3 A 15.0836 -107.4087
    Boewnst TG-J d10-1066 4 D A 41.9039 -98.4593

  11. #2846
    Originally Posted by Baton View Post (Source)
    Are black squares the key to everything?

    So today after FD support response I decided to test various graphic settings to see if I get the squares.

    Effect:

    Four fungal cones and two geyser sites after two and a half hours of casual flying being more occupied with looking for black squares. Madness
    And the body is minor volcanism only, I would normally skip it but it was the closest to my position

    cones:
    Boewnst TG-J d10-1066 3 A -70.7605 156.0312
    Boewnst TG-J d10-1066 3 A 29.6992 -63.9187
    Boewnst TG-J d10-1066 3 A 12.2438 44.4636
    Boewnst TG-J d10-1066 3 A -6.9121 57.2536

    geysers:
    Boewnst TG-J d10-1066 3 A 33.898 22.9044
    Boewnst TG-J d10-1066 3 A -38.1846 -97.7069
    Boewnst TG-J d10-1066 4 D A 41.9039 -98.4593
    So are the sites you found primarily in black square areas?

    I saw many black squares during my detailed planetary surveys and I didn't see a real connection between the black squares andn volcanic sites.

  12. #2847
    Originally Posted by Maligno View Post (Source)
    So are the sites you found primarily in black square areas?
    Nope, just a silly joke. So yes, I am actually testing to see if I get the black squares with different graphic settings, but I see no connection between that and volcanism. From maybe 200 brain trees I found, only one site was on the edge of black square so for me it is 100% random.

    I proved what I am always saying - do not try too hard find geysers.
    On this body I am not trying at all, I came and shouted "I am after black squares here!" and I am getting more cones then ever

  13. #2848
    Originally Posted by Baton View Post (Source)
    Nope, just a silly joke. So yes, I am actually testing to see if I get the black squares with different graphic settings, but I see no connection between that and volcanism. From maybe 200 brain trees I found, only one site was on the edge of black square so for me it is 100% random.

    I proved what I am always saying - do not try too hard find geysers.
    On this body I am not trying at all, I came and shouted "I am after black squares here!" and I am getting more cones then ever
    I have just realised that live is suffering from the same planetary coordinate problem as beta, I hope they fix that in the 3.0 release.

  14. #2849
    Three more for the list.