Page 33 of 45 FirstFirst ... 28313233343538 ... LastLast
Results 481 to 495 of 667

Thread: Aussiedroid's Enhanced Thrustmaster Warthog Script

  1. #481
    Awesome job with the script. Its impossible to play without it! It feels just right in every aspect. Congratulations.

    Im facing a problem with the scanner. When i try to use the modifier [1] + trigger to hold the scanner it just holds and releases before the scan is complete. I think it's a basic issue but could not find where the problem is.

    Thanks in advance!

  2. #482
    Originally Posted by Gilsoncav View Post (Source)
    Awesome job with the script. Its impossible to play without it! It feels just right in every aspect. Congratulations.

    Im facing a problem with the scanner. When i try to use the modifier [1] + trigger to hold the scanner it just holds and releases before the scan is complete. I think it's a basic issue but could not find where the problem is.

    Thanks in advance!
    Thanks a lot Gilsoncav!

    With the scanner, that can happen if, for example, you start the timed event (with the modifier) when you don't have the DScanner in the active weapon group/deployed. The timer starts regardless, and when you do change to it, it has already partly completed & therefore the release occurs before the scan actually finishes. If that does happen, give it ~7 seconds to finish current event and then retry when DScanner is active/deployed.

    Also there is one user preference that you can change to change the behaviour of that event (You want it to be 1 not 0):

    define RepeaterAutoRelease 1

    You can also change the timings (ms) if for some reason you need it longer/shorter:

    define RepeaterTimer 6000
    define RepeaterTimerOff 6200

    These are all found in the ADEDSettings.tmh file.

    Cheers, AD

  3. #483
    Hiya,

    Just getting back into customising my setup and started looking at your scripts again.

    Question...how come your your main .tmc script still "includes" Target.tmh, yet you've not provided this file since 2.4.2?
    Can I safely assume this is now redundant?

    Cheers
    Clicker

  4. #484
    Originally Posted by Clicker View Post (Source)
    Hiya,

    Just getting back into customising my setup and started looking at your scripts again.

    Question...how come your your main .tmc script still "includes" Target.tmh, yet you've not provided this file since 2.4.2?
    Can I safely assume this is now redundant?

    Cheers
    Clicker
    Hey Clicker,

    Well it is still needed to run the script, but not "needed" to include in the download pack. Some time back it was causing some issues for some users as it was an older version included/some sort of conflict. Was advised here, that it will create this file from default so no need to include unless you run a custom target script.

    Cheers, AD

  5. #485
    Thanks AD.

    Just so I am totally clear...I still need to have an instruction to "include Target.tmh" in whatever script I create (?), but don't need to actually have a target.tmh file anywhere (?) as Target will simply create one on the fly (?)

    Clicker

  6. #486
    Originally Posted by Clicker View Post (Source)
    Thanks AD.

    Just so I am totally clear...I still need to have an instruction to "include Target.tmh" in whatever script I create (?), but don't need to actually have a target.tmh file anywhere (?) as Target will simply create one on the fly (?)

    Clicker
    Yeah, that is the way it should work. I think it will just create a copy for you on run. Easiest test would be to comment out or delete that line out of my script and see what happens. I suspect it will not run without Target.tmh included.

  7. #487

    new to the software

    I just downloaded your script today and I am having all kinds of problems with it. I'm sure its user error so I wanted to ask you directly what I am doing wrong.

    I am using the Oculus Rift to play the game through Steam VR but I cannot get the view to reset. F12 does not work at all and when I open the game I am never in the right position.

    The throttle seems to not be working at all, it remains at full throttle unless I hit the toe brakes on my Crosswinds then I can see the in game throttle move based on the position of the crosswinds but moving the actual warthog throttle does nothing at all.

    My menus that usually pop up when I look left or right inside VR are no longer there.

    I have read the instructions on steam several times and still cant figure out where I have gone astray. Any help would be appreciated

  8. #488
    Originally Posted by Talon1482 View Post (Source)
    I just downloaded your script today and I am having all kinds of problems with it. I'm sure its user error so I wanted to ask you directly what I am doing wrong.

    I am using the Oculus Rift to play the game through Steam VR but I cannot get the view to reset. F12 does not work at all and when I open the game I am never in the right position.

    The throttle seems to not be working at all, it remains at full throttle unless I hit the toe brakes on my Crosswinds then I can see the in game throttle move based on the position of the crosswinds but moving the actual warthog throttle does nothing at all.

    My menus that usually pop up when I look left or right inside VR are no longer there.

    I have read the instructions on steam several times and still cant figure out where I have gone astray. Any help would be appreciated
    Hey Talon1482,

    Sorry to hear you are having troubles mate. Let's see if we can work through them - should be a couple of easy ones here.

    Firstly, for the OR using F12 as reset, Steam also uses F12 for screenshots. To avoid conflict I had to remap one of these in the setup. I chose to remap the head tracking/VR setups. The current script uses CTRL+HOME as the hotkey to reset. You can change this if you prefer, or use the Steam Screenshot button to reset.

    The command you need to remap (if you want) is called 'ResetHeadOrientation' in the AD_EDKeyMap file.

    The side panels that pop up are disabled by default as often pop up when you do not need them when moving your head around (as an explorer they are always getting in the way). This is a simple change in the ED config menu. You can choose the behaviour of the panels (if they auto appear, by key press etc). This is not managed in the script itself. The way it is setup by default is that there is a keymap to press for the panels. Easy one since its a frequent use case. Hold Modifier 2 + Direction on the hat switch on side of Throttle. Personal preference, but I would recommend giving it a try and see if you like it.

    Regarding the Throttle issue, I'm a bit unclear what the issue may be here. Throttle is primarily on the Warthog Throttle not the Crosswind pedals. Does the throttle work on the Warthog? Have you remapped anything? I would also double check that you are using similar setup to the screenshot I posted on the MFG Crosswind software setup (to combine pedals etc). Calibrate & test outside of the game that all axes work correctly. Do a full PC restart/power down & retry loading the scripts.

    Let me know how you get on

    Cheers, AD

  9. #489

    new to the software

    Originally Posted by Aussiedroid View Post (Source)
    Hey Talon1482,

    Sorry to hear you are having troubles mate. Let's see if we can work through them - should be a couple of easy ones here.

    Firstly, for the OR using F12 as reset, Steam also uses F12 for screenshots. To avoid conflict I had to remap one of these in the setup. I chose to remap the head tracking/VR setups. The current script uses CTRL+HOME as the hotkey to reset. You can change this if you prefer, or use the Steam Screenshot button to reset.

    The command you need to remap (if you want) is called 'ResetHeadOrientation' in the AD_EDKeyMap file.

    The side panels that pop up are disabled by default as often pop up when you do not need them when moving your head around (as an explorer they are always getting in the way). This is a simple change in the ED config menu. You can choose the behaviour of the panels (if they auto appear, by key press etc). This is not managed in the script itself. The way it is setup by default is that there is a keymap to press for the panels. Easy one since its a frequent use case. Hold Modifier 2 + Direction on the hat switch on side of Throttle. Personal preference, but I would recommend giving it a try and see if you like it.

    Regarding the Throttle issue, I'm a bit unclear what the issue may be here. Throttle is primarily on the Warthog Throttle not the Crosswind pedals. Does the throttle work on the Warthog? Have you remapped anything? I would also double check that you are using similar setup to the screenshot I posted on the MFG Crosswind software setup (to combine pedals etc). Calibrate & test outside of the game that all axes work correctly. Do a full PC restart/power down & retry loading the scripts.

    Let me know how you get on

    Cheers, AD
    OK I got the panels working and think you're right about them being better the way you have them. I still cannot get the head re-centering to work. I have changed the default key in Steam for screenshots so F12 should be open. I have made the change in the AD_EDKeyMap file but still get no response.

    The throttle; when in regular space flight the in game throttle is set to max, moving the Warthog throttle does nothing. When I press the toe brakes to about their mid point the throttle wakes up and movement shows on the in game throttle. Applying pressure to the toe brakes moves the throttle position indicator bar on the throttle HUD so if I hold the toe brakes to their max the ship goes backward. I have found that if I hold the toe brakes so that the throttle position indicator is at zero and then move the warthog throttle to the center position the ship will come to a stop. Moving the Warthog throttle then allows for either forward or backward movement but as soon as I let off the toe brakes the throttle goes back to max forward power and the Warthog throttle becomes unresponsive. Once the frame shift drive is active the Warthog throttle works as it is supposed to and the toe brakes have no effect.

    I have also found that when in the galaxy map the cursor moves straight down and nothing I do will stop it until it bottoms out. Moving my mouse will momentarily stop the free fall but it goes right back after just a second or two. I can move the map cursor normally while holding the left button or holding down both buttons and it will move straight up while holding the right button but as soon as I release it it free falls again.

    Thanks for taking the time to help me

  10. #490
    Originally Posted by Talon1482 View Post (Source)
    OK I got the panels working and think you're right about them being better the way you have them. I still cannot get the head re-centering to work. I have changed the default key in Steam for screenshots so F12 should be open. I have made the change in the AD_EDKeyMap file but still get no response.
    Does the same key if you press on the keyboard work to center view? (ie. just not when you press it via the throttle?)

    Could you have any other software running in background that may use F12 keymapping? or is OR actually mapped to something other than F12 these days? (I don't use one myself to check)

    To test potential conflict, you could also try to remap the key on the OR to something else temporarily, and then bind it to the same in script. Retest & see if same behaviour is being seen.

    Also, please check you have changed the following to '2' for HMD bindings in user preferences (define HeadtrackPref 1).

    Originally Posted by Talon1482 View Post (Source)
    The throttle; when in regular space flight the in game throttle is set to max, moving the Warthog throttle does nothing. When I press the toe brakes to about their mid point the throttle wakes up and movement shows on the in game throttle. Applying pressure to the toe brakes moves the throttle position indicator bar on the throttle HUD so if I hold the toe brakes to their max the ship goes backward. I have found that if I hold the toe brakes so that the throttle position indicator is at zero and then move the warthog throttle to the center position the ship will come to a stop. Moving the Warthog throttle then allows for either forward or backward movement but as soon as I let off the toe brakes the throttle goes back to max forward power and the Warthog throttle becomes unresponsive. Once the frame shift drive is active the Warthog throttle works as it is supposed to and the toe brakes have no effect.

    I have also found that when in the galaxy map the cursor moves straight down and nothing I do will stop it until it bottoms out. Moving my mouse will momentarily stop the free fall but it goes right back after just a second or two. I can move the map cursor normally while holding the left button or holding down both buttons and it will move straight up while holding the right button but as soon as I release it it free falls again.
    Thanks for explaining it further. It is starting to sound like the axes are not calibrated properly for the devices. Like it is stuck in one direction so any attempt to use the axis does nothing. Others have experienced this too (specifically the galaxy map going down has been called out several times in past) & had to recalibrate the axes in Windows I believe. Shutdown and then restart and try reloading the script. Test out in Device Analyzer etc or game. Also others have reported after several attempt of changing USB ports, restart/shutting down it eventually comes good and is good from then on. Also worth unplugging any USB devices you can, especially other game controllers until you get it working (in case of any conflicts or priority issues).

    If the axes look good in the calibration then you can also attempt to clear the axis mapping in the bindings section in ED, Apply to save, then go back in and remap the same axis again and then Apply to save again. Not sure why that works but has in the past.

    The toe brakes should be your vertical lateral thrusters, so it would make sense this would move the speed needle etc even though the main axis is still stuck.

    I would also double check you are running the latest firmware & software. Cover the basics off.

    Does the HOTAS work fine for any other games? New?

    Originally Posted by Talon1482 View Post (Source)
    Thanks for taking the time to help me
    Happy to help as much as I can!

  11. #491
    Originally Posted by Aussiedroid View Post (Source)
    Does the same key if you press on the keyboard work to center view? (ie. just not when you press it via the throttle?)

    Could you have any other software running in background that may use F12 keymapping? or is OR actually mapped to something other than F12 these days? (I don't use one myself to check)

    To test potential conflict, you could also try to remap the key on the OR to something else temporarily, and then bind it to the same in script. Retest & see if same behaviour is being seen.

    Also, please check you have changed the following to '2' for HMD bindings in user preferences (define HeadtrackPref 1).



    Thanks for explaining it further. It is starting to sound like the axes are not calibrated properly for the devices. Like it is stuck in one direction so any attempt to use the axis does nothing. Others have experienced this too (specifically the galaxy map going down has been called out several times in past) & had to recalibrate the axes in Windows I believe. Shutdown and then restart and try reloading the script. Test out in Device Analyzer etc or game. Also others have reported after several attempt of changing USB ports, restart/shutting down it eventually comes good and is good from then on. Also worth unplugging any USB devices you can, especially other game controllers until you get it working (in case of any conflicts or priority issues).

    If the axes look good in the calibration then you can also attempt to clear the axis mapping in the bindings section in ED, Apply to save, then go back in and remap the same axis again and then Apply to save again. Not sure why that works but has in the past.

    The toe brakes should be your vertical lateral thrusters, so it would make sense this would move the speed needle etc even though the main axis is still stuck.

    I would also double check you are running the latest firmware & software. Cover the basics off.

    Does the HOTAS work fine for any other games? New?



    Happy to help as much as I can!
    I went back and re-read our conversation and realized that I had completely missed the MFG Crosswind setup. I configured the crosswinds and it solved both the throttle problem and the cursor issue in the galaxy map. I just got the Crosswinds and I obviously still have a lot to learn about their potential

  12. #492
    Originally Posted by Talon1482 View Post (Source)
    I went back and re-read our conversation and realized that I had completely missed the MFG Crosswind setup. I configured the crosswinds and it solved both the throttle problem and the cursor issue in the galaxy map. I just got the Crosswinds and I obviously still have a lot to learn about their potential
    Awesome to hear it is all working Talon1482! Enjoy! Always pays to check the basics

    Did you work out the OR center view issue too?


    Fly Safe CMDR,
    AD

  13. #493
    Originally Posted by Aussiedroid View Post (Source)
    Awesome to hear it is all working Talon1482! Enjoy! Always pays to check the basics

    Did you work out the OR center view issue too?


    Fly Safe CMDR,
    AD
    No not yet, still the same thing. I changed the throttle in the ED settings to "forward only" because I cant get used to centering it while I'm mining and the Flaps three way switch that is supposed to change the throttle behavior does not. Im going to download a clean copy of your script today and start over just to be sure I haven't messed it up.

  14. #494
    I went back and re-downloaded the script and started from scratch which fixed the boost button and the flaps three way switch. I do have one last question; can I change any of the crosswind settings, my left toe brake is spiking and is way too sensitive which causes the ship to drift forward while docking or mining just from my foot resting on the pedal. I have found that if I change the X axis center dead zone start to 6 it settles down but I havent tried in game because Im worried that changing that value will have an adverse effect in game. I wont be able to play for the next few days anyway so I just thought I would ask.

  15. #495
    Originally Posted by Talon1482 View Post (Source)
    No not yet, still the same thing. I changed the throttle in the ED settings to "forward only" because I cant get used to centering it while I'm mining and the Flaps three way switch that is supposed to change the throttle behavior does not. Im going to download a clean copy of your script today and start over just to be sure I haven't messed it up.
    It certainly does take some practice to use the Full Range given the throttle has no center bump.

    I'll try to double check the flaps are working tonight. A quick check in Device Analyzer seems to show the flaps working as expected on my end though.

    Something still not quite right it seems.

Page 33 of 45 FirstFirst ... 28313233343538 ... LastLast