Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 32353637

Thread: Aussiedroid's Enhanced Thrustmaster Warthog Script

Originally Posted by Aussiedroid View Post (Source)
    Update 3.2.0: BEYOND CHAPTER 2

-> The great improvements in this release are courtesy of CMDR Clicker. Thanks for solving some of these outstanding limitations/bugs mate! Along side these improvements, a few mapping conflicts have been addressed.

Thanks for the props!

Re new Target...I'm still seeing the odd occassion where after the script starts running the Joystick does not respond.

When I find time, I'll uninstall/re-install the Target software, and if still not fixed, revert to older version and see what happens.
    I'll post back here when I have something meaningful to report!

Cheers
    Clicker

thank you Clicker

Regarding the above issue with the Joystick being unresponsive after running the script.

It has been working fine with no issues...until today when this issue happened once.
    So I'll continue to keep an eye on it.

Clicker

Hi again AD,

I've just started getting into PvP recently so, I wrote 3 new macros today if you are interested...

mNAVBeaconWing
    mNAVBeaconOff
    mReportCrimesToggle

Notes:
    mNAVBeacon[Wing/OFF]:
    When ED starts, the Wing Beacon is always off.
    Generally when you wing up with another player you turn Wing Beacon on then leave it on for the duration of the session, but I coded the "off" for sake of completeness.
    There is a single keypress difference between these (annoying++) so I have these mapped as a SEQ()

mReportCrimesToggle:
    When you PvP...especially consensual PvP, you generally turn "Report Crimes" to off.
    The System Panel usually remembers what tab and item you last navigated to until your instance is reset (including docking), so when ever you write a macro for this panel, it's good practice to navigate back to top of tab then to the default TAB, so you are always at the 'start'.

Anyway, here's the (very simple) code in case you are interested to include in your very excellent script.

mNAVBeaconWing, mNAVBeaconOff
    Code:
    		mNAVBeaconWing = CHAIN(	
    			LOCK+PULSE+SystemPanel, D(),
    			PULSE+UIPrevPanel, D(),
    			PULSE+UIDown, D(),		
    			PULSE+UIDown, D(),
    			PULSE+UIDown, D(),
    			PULSE+UISelect, D(),
    			PULSE+UIDown, D(),
    			PULSE+UISelect, D(),
    			PULSE+UIUp, D(),
    			PULSE+UIUp, D(),			
    			PULSE+UIUp, D(),			
    			PULSE+UINextPanel, D(),	
    			PULSE+UIBack, 
    			LOCK);

mNAVBeaconOff = CHAIN(		
    			PULSE+UIPrevPanel, D(),	
    			PULSE+UIDown, D(),		
    			PULSE+UIDown, D(),
    			PULSE+UIDown, D(),
    			PULSE+UISelect, D(),
    			PULSE+UISelect, D(),
    			PULSE+UIUp, D(),
    			PULSE+UIUp, D(),			
    			PULSE+UIUp, D(),			
    			PULSE+UINextPanel, D(),	
    			PULSE+UIBack, 
    			LOCK);

mReportCrimesToggle

Code:
    		mReportCrimesToggle = CHAIN(	
    			PULSE+UIPrevPanel, D(),	
    			PULSE+UIUp, D(),			
    			PULSE+UIUp, D(),
    			PULSE+UIUp, D(),
    			PULSE+UIUp, D(),
    			PULSE+UIUp, D(),
    			PULSE+UIUp, D(),
    			PULSE+UIUp, D(),
    			PULSE+UISelect, D(),
    			PULSE+UIDown, D(),
    			PULSE+UIDown, D(),
    			PULSE+UIDown, D(),
    			PULSE+UIDown, D(),
    			PULSE+UIDown, D(),
    			PULSE+UIDown, D(),
    			PULSE+UIDown, D(),		
    			PULSE+UINextPanel, D(),	
    			PULSE+UIBack, 
    			LOCK);
    You'll note I go back then up instead of forward then down just to save a few keystrokes.
    Efficiency trumps my OCD in this case.

Testing this was challenging as UISelect does not 'look like' it worked (but it actually does), not sure if you've seen this and can explain?
    Example if you manually select the Beacon and select WING, this selection appears in-game instantly.
    Sending the keystrokes via TARGET works but the select does not look like it has happened until you TAB away and back or deselect and reselect the panel.

Cheers
    Clicker

Hey Clicker,

Awesome stuff! I've added the macros to include in my next version release. I'm sure the PVP peeps will find these helpful. PVP ideas are welcome as I do not play Open mode myself most of the time, but can see how these could be handy (although I am not sure where I might be able to map them hahaha!). Will have to have a think about that

Regarding the UISelect not looking like it worked, do you mean the UI doesn't seem to update after the macro is run?

If yes, I haven't seen that before myself. Could point to a timing issue. By this I mean, try modifying the delay timings to a slower pace (ie a human speed 300-400ms?) and see if the issue can be replicated. If it doesn't occur when its slower, then it might just be a matter of introducing a smallish delay (maybe something like 150ms) near the end of the sequence steps to ensure the UI aligns when the macro is used.

Cheers,
    AD

Hi,

Yep, that's exactly what I mean.

I just inserted a delay of 500msec after every key and you can clearly hear the clicks as it goes through.
    But the UI does not refresh unless you exit the TAB or Panel then re-enter.

I mean, in the overall scheme of things, with only the pulse delay, everything still works in game.
    It just sends my OCD into meltdown!

Clicker

It's still strange, if it does it in the macro but not if you manually press the same keys. Unless its a UI bug or something.

Workaround: you could try adding another UI enter/exit for the panel at the end of the macro. Since the panel is already highlighted, there might be minimal impact/time to action & get it aligned. Save that OCD stress

AD

Hello AD,

wanted to continue my last contribution from May 20th and now actually only write here my success message that I can finally take off again at night and that I am online at night in the ED universe.
    Your Aussiedroid programming is brilliant and works great.

After I completely reinstalled my PC on my new M.2 512 GB SSD and installed ED step by step according to your specifications, everything worked again until noon today. That's great!
    However, I had not yet dared to connect my Oculus Rift.

But tonight it was over after a few days of ED with the pleasure. The AD ED.binds file was again not found and is no longer displayed in the game.
    Also the detour via a custom.binds file was without success.

To my knowledge I had "only" made the following mistakes. I forgot to start the file in the TARGET GUI, so TM Warthog Hotastick and Throttle did not work.
    Error message in BindingLoadingErrors.log:
    There where errors when loading preset file: Aussiedroid Warthog Enhanced 3.1.0.3.0.binds.
    Missing devices: ThrustMasterWarthogJoystick, ThrustMasterWarthogThrottle

All applications (Voice Attack, ED Profiler, TrackIR, ED Launcher and ED Game and the still open Target Gui) were closed and restarted. But the.binds file was no longer recognized/found.

Now (after TARGET Gui was started correctly, I still get the error message in the log:
    There where errors when loading preset file: Aussiedroid Warthog Enhanced 3.1.0.3.0.binds
    Missing devices: ThrustMasterWarthogJoystick, ThrustMasterWarthogThrottle, GamePad

I tested the functions of HOTAS in Target Gui after the start. Everything worked in the joystick control panel of Target Gui; stick and throttle were also displayed as combined hardware.

Now my questions:
    1.) Which files do I have to save in order to be able to import them again later, since I have already made adjustments?
    2.) Actually everything should be included in my current.binds files "Aussiedroid Warthog Enhanced 3.1.0.3.binds", right? The file is from the morning when everything was still running.
    3.) Which files in which folders do I have to exchange/reset in order to restore the original state?
    4.) If a complete reinstallation of ED should be necessary, then ok. But I have my doubts from the past that there is a file left somewhere that causes problems.

I hope you or anyone else can help me here. Prayer.

Oh, I just saw at the post of my message that there is an update Aussiedroid ED Warthog script 3.2.0. Does an update require special treatments at update from 3.1.0?

But first I'm waiting for your answer to my questions so I don't add any more unknown variables to my problem.
    I think my problem is not in a particular version of the.binds file.

Many greetings,
    CMDR Edward P. Cole aka Markus aka major7079

P.S..:
    Your work is really a great piece of programming work with great dedication for different ED requirements of different players! Your AD programming is great - until it stopped working.

Hey there CMDR Cole,

Oh boy are you having a bad run of it! Sorry to hear mate. Seems like the same issue coming back again, IIRC?

Firstly, to cover off a couple of quick answers:

- To update to 3.2.0, just download the latest zip from ModDB & copy to appropriate locations on your PC. You may need to update your user prefs to ensure they match the 3.1.0 version you are running.

- 1) Should only be the binds file in the bindings folder you will need to backup. Keep an external copy after you make any changes & if ED happens not to find the right devices and screws up the bindings again, you can just copy it back and restart and all should be good. If you make custom changes to the script file, make a backup of that as well, else you can just download again if required.

- 2) Correct

- 3) As per 1, the issue here will likely be around the bindings file itself.

- 4) Reinstall will not fix things here. Its not an issue with the game installation but the way it handles the bindings files when it cannot find the hardware. It's something Frontier need to fix.

Now, what I believe is happening here is that the game cannot find all game controllers expected in the bindings file when the game loads. If you do not have things plugged in, or you have not run script (to combine your devices), or wireless gamepad/controller is turned off then the game cannot map the buttons associated in the bindings file. This is where everything goes to hell! Rather than managing the exception as it did prior to 3.1, it just fails to an error.

When you see errors like you mention in the log file, bindings do not appear in your bindings pull down list (in Config) or if they do appear then mappings may be stripped from your bindings file. Then, even if you exit and fix things the bindings might be broken & require remapping as I believe the bindings file is saved on each exit of the game. This is where the backup will come in to restore things.

The error message is odd though, as I would expect that this would show something like ThrustMasterWarthogCombined missing, not the individual Joystick & Throttle devices, but this may be due to the script not being loaded at the time though.

Missing devices: ThrustMasterWarthogJoystick, ThrustMasterWarthogThrottle, GamePad

Also, here there is a GamePad listed as missing. I assume you have an Xbox/PS4 controller unplugged or turned off? As per above, this will need to be active before you load ED, else the bindings will not work.

If you ensure every controller is active & script is running then it should avoid the issue. Where you may forget, exit the game, then restore your back and retry.

On a side note related to this, I have been dabbling with a windows batch file script to help users run multiple apps, the game plus the script in one shortcut. This can be done kinda already if you are on Win7 via the TM script but this will be another alternative for those on Win10 etc. May help streamline things and help ensure nothing is forgotten prior to launching the game. Hoping to have this ready for the next public release. May even be able to automate backing up of the bindings file prior to loading game (just in case scenario).

Think that covers everything

Cheers,
    AD

Hi again,

Slight correction to my mReportCrimesToggle macro.
    Seems going up at the start and back down after selection to save a few lines of code, speed things up slightly and being more efficient.....not such a great idea.
    This won't work when you are flying around because a new menu option becomes present at the bottom of the list that isn't there when you're docked..."Self Destruct".

Revised macro should look like...

Code:
    		mReportCrimesToggle = CHAIN(			
    			LOCK+PULSE+SystemPanel, D(250),
    			PULSE+UIPrevPanel, D(),				
    			PULSE+UIDown, D(),					
    			PULSE+UIDown, D(),
    			PULSE+UIDown, D(),
    			PULSE+UIDown, D(),
    			PULSE+UIDown, D(),
    			PULSE+UIDown, D(),
    			PULSE+UIDown, D(),
    			PULSE+UIDown, D(),
    			PULSE+UIDown, D(),
    			PULSE+UIDown, D(),
    			PULSE+UISelect, D(),
    			PULSE+UIUp, D(),
    			PULSE+UIUp, D(),
    			PULSE+UIUp, D(),
    			PULSE+UIUp, D(),
    			PULSE+UIUp, D(),
    			PULSE+UIUp, D(),
    			PULSE+UIUp, D(),
    			PULSE+UIUp, D(),
    			PULSE+UIUp, D(),
    			PULSE+UIUp, D(),					
    			PULSE+UINextPanel, D(),				
    			PULSE+UIBack, 
    			LOCK);
    I learned several things with this.
    1) OCD is good.
    2) Efficiency not always good
    3) ALWAYS test in flight as well as docked

Also, I needed to add a small delay after opening the panel as it sometimes needs some "refresh" time.
    YMMV.

Anyone using this macro needs to be aware that you may need to add delays for each line if it doesn't seem to work properly.
    And for those who are new to the TARGET script, this means adding a number (milliseconds) inside the brackets, such as D(250).

Cheers
    Clicker

Unhappy

Hello Frontier,

since I am here in the Official Frontier Forum, I hope that also an expert from Frontier will comment on my problem and help me to solve it.
    So far, only players with my problem may have reported a very specific problem. I would like to thank especially Aussiedroid aka AD again!

What else can I do that special .binds file ("Aussiedroid Warthog Enhanced 3.2.0.binds") is recognized and selectable by ED, so my TM Hotas Warthog are selectable in the game?

I've already tried so much... and together I've spent weeks finally getting the game up and running.
    I have tried all variants known to me and eliminated possible errors. I'm at my wits' end.

More information about my problem and the feedback can be found in this thread under the following posts #435-436, 455-456, 460-470, 477-480, 549-550, because I don't want to repeat everything. I can also copy all posts together and send them to you as pdf to save searching and browsing.

My hardware is still unchanged.
    The latest firmware, drivers and software versions are already installed.
    The whole system has also been redesigned under Win10 64bit.

Please Frontier give me support for my problem.
    I already supported the ingenious game in crowdfunding and added the best possible hardware only for Elite Dangerous, now I would like to play the game without having problems with the program all the time.
    Thank you in advance.

Many greetings,
    CMDR Edward P. Cole aka major7079
    likely also directly and by telephone or via TS or Skype or whatever.

P.S.:
    Also from the community I would be pleased about all further tips, which were not yet addressed and tried out by me.

Originally Posted by Clicker View Post (Source)
    Hi again,

Slight correction to my mReportCrimesToggle macro.

I learned several things with this.
    1) OCD is good.
    2) Efficiency not always good
    3) ALWAYS test in flight as well as docked

Also, I needed to add a small delay after opening the panel as it sometimes needs some "refresh" time.
    YMMV.
    Cheers Clicker! I haven't had any time in the cockpit for a little to try it myself yet, but have updated as per above. The timings can fun to get right.

I'll also add:

3.1) Always test in the SRV too (has caught me out a few times in the past).

Cheers,
    AD

Originally Posted by major7079 View Post (Source)
    Hello Frontier,

since I am here in the Official Frontier Forum, I hope that also an expert from Frontier will comment on my problem and help me to solve it.
    So far, only players with my problem may have reported a very specific problem. ....

Please Frontier give me support for my problem.
    I already supported the ingenious game in crowdfunding and added the best possible hardware only for Elite Dangerous, now I would like to play the game without having problems with the program all the time.
    Thank you in advance.

P.S.:
    Also from the community I would be pleased about all further tips, which were not yet addressed and tried out by me.
    I PM'd you a short time ago regarding this. Doubt you will get a response here from Frontier. May be best to raise a trouble ticket if all the suggestions above haven't assisted to date.

There are references to the GUID issue in this thread that go back to outstanding bug reports from 3.0, and the discussion on the technical side on how to fix this. Hopefully Frontier can progress a solution.

Regards,
    AD

Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 32353637