Page 26 of 38 FirstFirst ... 21242526272831 ... LastLast

Thread: Aussiedroid's Enhanced Thrustmaster Warthog Script

Originally Posted by Aussiedroid View Post (Source)
    Yeah, I took a look at that other script a while back but didn't really understand it very well, but if you have tried the above then there must be more to it to integrate it properly. Sorry I can't be much help on this one. Perhaps tahoward who created the other script might be able to provide some further assistance to point you in the right direction.

If you do find a way, I would be most interested to see the modifications you made to my script

Cheers,
    AD
    No problem. For now, I've found that unplugging the T16000 before I run the script allows me to plug it back in and use it (keeps it out of target). I can then map binds to it from ED. It's not ideal, but at least workable.

Exclamation Jan 2018 Update!

Update 3.0.0: THE BEYOND UPDATE

-> Its been 6 months since the last update! How time flies. In preparation of the Beyond series of updates this year, I have updated major version number to match. This update contains a few small fixes/updates, and some new features I hope you will like. Most of this feature update has been based on Feedback & Suggestions from you, the users! Thanks for the inspiration!

List of Changes:

NEW: Ship Take-Off Launch Sequence added to Landing Gear Toggle using the CMS Hat Switch Modifier (works in both toggle directions). This will set PIPs (4xSYS, 2xENG), holds Vertical Thrust for 4.0 seconds & retracts Landing Gear. This will work on both planetary surfaces & station launches! (Use at your own risk!)

NEW: Ship Utilities Preference (Combat or Explorer/Trader modes) added. This will change the Short & Long press options for S1 & S2 buttons (Chaff/ECM/Heat Sink/SCB) on the Joystick. Configure under User Preferences. Added keyboard mappings for SRV Turret & ECM (both SHIFT+U) to allow this modification.

IMPROVEMENT: Rewrite of Mic Switch Function. Support added in User Preferences to define Toggle/Hold for external voice software. A secondary external voice software mapping added for streamers (this now gives a total of 3 channels mapped!). This can be accessed by holding down the Pinky Modifier key + Mic (Pinky Modifier doesn't need to be held in PTT scenario). You can also combine both external voice software keys into the Open Mic Toggle to turn on/off together! Internal Mic control changed to toggle from hold in ED bindings to avoid repeating keys when ED is not in focus (should not change default behaviour though). Please let me know if you experience any issues.

IMPROVEMENT: Added EDFX & EDDI to Software Start-up list. (Note: It appears software starting via script no longer work if you are using Win10 - sorry)
    IMPROVEMENT: Default PIP Control set to Double Tier PIPs from Triple Tier. (Allows easier use for new Players. Change to Triple Tier via User Prefs)
    IMPROVEMENT: Updated Script Load Printout to include new user preferences.

FIXED: Updated VA Toggle Default Mapping Key from ALT+V to ALT+F2 & added some missing mappings in Camera Suite.
    FIXED: Throttle Precision Mode preventing Boost when enabled.

CODE CLEANUP: Added define values for Forward/Back Thrust & Galaxy Map (although not mapped currently in script).
    CODE CLEANUP: Numerous other minor comment updates, alignments, missed mappings in bindings file, typos etc (of little significance).

GUIDE UPDATE: Added User Preferences section into the Steam Guide to help explain in more detail what each variable can do.
    GUIDE UPDATE: Refreshed all Reference Maps & other Images to 3.0.0 mappings.

*NOTE FOR VA USERS*: It was noted in the default HCS Voice Pack Key Mappings that the Galaxy Map default keys need to be updated if you wish to use the automatic routing features in the latest packs. I have not mapped this in this release, but if you want to use this feature then update the key bindings in the ED bindings file to include a SHIFT key (ie change Q to SHIFT+Q, or E to SHIFT+E).

Fly Safe CMDRs!

** Please visit the ModDB link to get the latest version *** Updated Steam Guide can be found here **

Is there a way of running ED automatically when running your script, rather than running the script and then running ED?
    Thanks

You might be able to write a batch file to run it, but that is basically doing the same thing as running the script first.

Why are you looking to run it the other way around?

Why are you looking to run it the other way around?
    Thanks. Not sure what you mean. I thought your script had to be run first, followed by ED. Is that not right?

I think I misread your query mate sorry.

Yes, you can use the software startup feature to start ED when you run the script, but this seems to only work in Windows 7 these days. If you are running Windows 10 it may not trigger.

I think I misread your query mate sorry.

Yes, you can use the software startup feature to start ED when you run the script, but this seems to only work in Windows 7 these days. If you are running Windows 10 it may not trigger.
    Is it possible that the TARGET software needs to run as administrator under Win10?

I think running as Admin has been attempted. A few pages back in this thread there was some investigation done into it and the user also contacted TM support who didn't have an answer. It seem like either a TM bug/issue or some restriction/security feature on MS side. I've moved back to Win7 a few months back so I cannot test it out anymore unfortunately.

This is awesome!
    Only, I found out one year late
    I will give it a go nevertheless. Perhaps my brain can still readjust, adapt to this new control scheme.

Software startup feature?

Originally Posted by Taronas View Post (Source)
    This is awesome!
    Only, I found out one year late
    I will give it a go nevertheless. Perhaps my brain can still readjust, adapt to this new control scheme.
    Thanks!

As they say, better late than never lol

No doubt its probably a lot different, but a few hours in the cockpit should start getting you used to things I hope. Few sessions and should start to lock things into memory. Any questions, feel free to ask.

Originally Posted by imacken View Post (Source)
    Software startup feature?
    Yes, TM scripting language allows for starting software from within the script. I have this coded in with a few of the popular add-ons. You need to enable it under the user preferences (as its disabled by default) & ensure the paths are correct in the main script depending on where you have installed things. The guide covers this in some more detail too & also in the comments within the script.

Yes, TM scripting language allows for starting software from within the script. I have this coded in with a few of the popular add-ons. You need to enable it under the user preferences (as its disabled by default) & ensure the paths are correct in the main script depending on where you have installed things. The guide covers this in some more detail too & also in the comments within the script.
    Sorry to be so dim, but where is the relevant user preference? I can't see it in the Script Editor. Sorry, but I've never used this stuff except for running your script!

It's no problems. In my user guide across on Steam there is a section that covers all the user preferences and where to find them. They are found in the AD_EDSettings file. The preference you want is 'StartSoftware'. Change this value from 0 to 1.

In the main script file AD_ED_v3.0.0 file you will see a section near the top that has the start up section. In here there is a number of lines that are commented out at the start of the line with a '//'. Remove this to enable whichever one you want to run at the start. Be sure to check that the path is correct. If you installed ED to another location you need to have the script match otherwise it may not run or cause an error. The lines you are looking for are like this:

// system("spawn -w "C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Steam\\steamapps\\common\\Elite Dangerous" "C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Steam\\steamapps\\common\\Elite Dangerous\\EDLaunch.exe"");

Thanks a lot for that.
    If I've done it correctly, I just get the error shown on attachment.
    Attached Files Attached Files

No worries!

That seems like it is suggesting that the path used is not correct. Just to double check, is that where the EDLaunch.exe file is located on your computer?

I've just checked it again on my end with v3.0.0 and it seems to be starting the launcher correctly under Windows 7.

Are you running Windows 7 or 10?

AD

Page 26 of 38 FirstFirst ... 21242526272831 ... LastLast