Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Beta 2.2 - Update 4

Originally Posted by Ian Phillips View Post (Source)
    That's what would need testing in this release..... ?
    Yeah, but since i'm at work i can only test in my head.

Still, that's what will probably happen, because if most of the time means most of the time, it will basically negate torpedo assault most of the time. Missiles can at least shoot again, torps - not really.

And a nerf to passenger missions rewards so they are completely worthless now.

Rock ON FD!

....and I can't even download it 'cause we have a state-wide power outage here ATM. How are you gonna fix this, FDev?

Originally Posted by fuub View Post (Source)
    And a nerf to passenger missions rewards so they are completely worthless now.

Rock ON FD!
    LOL.

Patch not even up yet and you are already complaining!
    (Credit for the image goes to Moozipan)
    Commander Reighdar One man. One ship. One galaxy.

LOL.

Fuub is incapable of doing anything except complain.

LOL.

What's bonus for fuub that changelog doesn't mention any nerf to payouts to passenger missions.

That's new level to him.
    Peteris Krisjanis
    Call sign: Eagleboy | Will play: All Online | Federation | Trader and Explorer, with a little of everything else
    Please support call for ED Linux port https://www.change.org/p/frontier-de...-linux-desktop

I am really glad of thermal and fighter changes, i cant wait when i get home and test it
    Thanx!

Originally Posted by Mikey2305 View Post (Source)
    looking good but i can't see anything about us poor AMD graphics card users who still can't get into the beta...
    I just got an email from my support ticket for this problem. They indicate that a potential fix is included in this Beta 4, and asked me to notify them of the result. So they probably don't want to officially announce that the issue is fixed until beta testers like us have, er, tested this new build.

Originally Posted by Crashdive View Post (Source)
    Huh I'm using a R9 380 4GB MSI Card - no probs here
    Mikey is referring to a CTD problem affecting many people with older AMD cards.

Originally Posted by eraktor View Post (Source)
    The differences in skill between low-ranked and high-ranked AI have been apparent for quite a while already, after the 1.6/2.1 changes.
    The impression I get from testers is that the AI in your mothership is significantly worse than the equivilant NPC AI that you fight... Hopefully I can be proved wrong though!

Part Time Pilot
    Full Time Father

Originally Posted by Zac Antonaci View Post (Source)
    - The heat effects of Thermal Shock are doubled
    - The heat effects of Thermal Cascade are 25% more than they are on live (the previous beta heat nerf is being reversed, and then a small buff), combined with a slight nerf to PackHounds to stop them being so superior to other missiles
    The goal here is for heat not to be a primary damage mechanism, but be there to punish your target for doing things that generate heat spikes such as SCBs, boosting or firing the hotter weapons. We also want to make it so that it is never worthwhile to stack a lot of heat weapons together: You will get the new full effect from a smaller number of weapons than before, but it can never get anywhere near as deadly and stacking more weapons beyond that point is counterproductive
    Zac, and what in a case of stacking by a focus fire from four ships? If thermal effect is doubled it will not buff a focus fire through the heat effect weapons?

Originally Posted by Kyokushin View Post (Source)
    Zac, and what in a case of stacking by a focus fire from four ships? If thermal effect is doubled it will not buff a focus fire through the heat effect weapons?
    Stacking is limited on receiver's end, so 4 ships trying to heat damage to one will essentially waste their power.
    Peteris Krisjanis
    Call sign: Eagleboy | Will play: All Online | Federation | Trader and Explorer, with a little of everything else
    Please support call for ED Linux port https://www.change.org/p/frontier-de...-linux-desktop

Originally Posted by Brett C View Post (Source)
    ...oh... Zac went there this morning.
    "One does not simply go to Hutton Orbital in a morning..."

Originally Posted by Rocky-451 View Post (Source)
    I just got an email from my support ticket for this problem. They indicate that a potential fix is included in this Beta 4, and asked me to notify them of the result. So they probably don't want to officially announce that the issue is fixed until beta testers like us have, er, tested this new build.

Mikey is referring to a CTD problem affecting many people with older AMD cards.
    Nice to hear this might be fixed. Lot of people complained.
    Peteris Krisjanis

Originally Posted by Pecisk View Post (Source)
    What's bonus for fuub that changelog doesn't mention any nerf to payouts to passenger missions.

That's new level to him.
    Ahha. Missed that little gem
    (Credit for the image goes to Moozipan)
    Commander Reighdar One man. One ship. One galaxy.

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast