Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Beta 2.2 - Update 4

Originally Posted by Zac Antonaci View Post (Source)

Player Journal

- Suppress heat warning event if docked
    - Tweaks to the “Location” event
    - Added a mechanism to import star system names into visited stars cache
    - Include Powerplay info in the FSDJump and Location events
    - Include PowerplayOrigin in CargoDumped event if relevant
    Could we possibly get a bit more info on this and how it should work/what it is for? Sounds like something that could be interesting to test

Originally Posted by Ian Phillips View Post (Source)
    Ahha. Missed that little gem
    Most likely there are nerfs for long range passenger missions who promised billions for transporting VIP passengers to Sag A* Doesn't validate his complains in one iota.

Originally Posted by Ian Phillips View Post (Source)
    Ahha. Missed that little gem
    Technically it mentions fixing an insane bug, where the original payout is added to the mission every time you jump. So, if you get a mission to get to Sag A* for 25 million (I've seen that in beta 3), and you do that in 1,000 jumps, you'd get 25 billion instead. Clearly fixing this is far, far, far too evil and cruel, because obviously you should be able to become a multi-billionaire overnight (the buckyball record is less than 8 hours these days).

Originally Posted by Zac Antonaci View Post (Source)
    Environment

- Added fade to organic seed decals to fix cut off on extreme slopes
    - Added some more variety to mysterious places

- Fixed a mysterious thing finding it's way into a cargo canister when being ejected
    I haven't seen anyone mention this yet. I'm guessing organic seed might refer to barnacles, but do we know anything about these mysterious objects and places yet?

anyone seen something that I've missed on the forums?

Zac, any idea when the fixes for those of us who are getting insane stuttering when dropping from super cruise and hyper space are coming?

Upgraded and back in. Let the testing commence!

Originally Posted by JYD75 View Post (Source)
    Could we possibly get a bit more info on this and how it should work/what it is for? Sounds like something that could be interesting to test
    You can find it described here: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...ed-Stars-cache

And I can confirm that it works.

Originally Posted by Martin Schou View Post (Source)
    Technically it mentions fixing an insane bug, where the original payout is added to the mission every time you jump. So, if you get a mission to get to Sag A* for 25 million (I've seen that in beta 3), and you do that in 1,000 jumps, you'd get 25 billion instead. Clearly fixing this is far, far, far too evil and cruel, because obviously you should be able to become a multi-billionaire overnight (the buckyball record is less than 8 hours these days).
    Sounds more like a bug fix than a 'nerf' that word gets thrown around too much with the wrong definition

Interesting.

I...might have just recently joined LYR in powerplay for the sole purpose of gaining access to packhound missiles to slap onto my Imperial Cutter (and replace the 4 normal seekers I have now).

By the time the 4 weeks are up 2.2 may already be out. So I guess I won't get to see the difference myself, there.

And I also now learned what a "fumarole" is, thanks to these patch notes & google-search.

Possible dumb question but: what the smeg is a 'wrinkle'? o_O

Can somebody please shed some light on this?

- Removed VR Missions on platforms that don't support VR
    What are "VR missions"? Is it "VR" as in "Virtual Reality"?
    And if yes, what sort of missions are these? I am getting quite squirrelly right now...

Thanks for the update! Can we still have the fish thing for testing engineer stuffs with Beluga?

Good list, but can we get some thoughts from your team on NPC rail accuracy as it pertains to fighters? If they're going to be 1-shot without any counterplay, why should we equip them?

And obligatory pls fix Vive VR implementation.

Originally Posted by Martin Schou View Post (Source)

Dang, missed that! Thanks for pointing it out!

Originally Posted by Genar-Hofoen View Post (Source)
    This is a fantastic changelog.

The only fly in the ointment for me is:

Awwwww! I was really enjoying the iFighter's nippiness - it was awesome. Oh well. :/

Otherwise, good job FDEV
    Same here Gutamaya ships are always the fastest so hopefully it still is.

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast