Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Beta 2.2 - Update 4

@rocky... thanks for the update on that matey. reference to this stuff often gets overlooked in the general background chatter. which wouldn't happen of course if noone could get in. would be nice to start the beta and at least get to the spinning ship!

Originally Posted by Deggial View Post (Source)
    Can somebody please shed some light on this?
    What are "VR missions"? Is it "VR" as in "Virtual Reality"?
    And if yes, what sort of missions are these? I am getting quite squirrelly right now...
    Tutorial mission(s), I bet. Put your nuts away again.

Originally Posted by S.H.A.D.O View Post (Source)
    Possible dumb question but: what the smeg is a 'wrinkle'? o_O
    I believe a wrinkle is when you get a random update to a mission in your inbox.

"Go to X", "Get me Y"...

Could be wrong though!

Part Time Pilot
    Full Time Father

Originally Posted by Deggial View Post (Source)
    Can somebody please shed some light on this?

What are "VR missions"? Is it "VR" as in "Virtual Reality"?
    And if yes, what sort of missions are these? I am getting quite squirrelly right now...
    I'm guessing they've removed the "Introduction to VR" training mission from the menus on Xbox (and Mac?).

Anyone near NS star - please test buff and report back!
    Peteris Krisjanis
    Call sign: Eagleboy | Will play: All Online | Federation | Trader and Explorer, with a little of everything else
    Please support call for ED Linux port https://www.change.org/p/frontier-de...-linux-desktop

@FD: Can you say anything at all regarding the state of passenger cabin sizes and types? The selection seems rather incomplete, which cuts off a lot of ships players from passenger gameplay entirely.

Edit:

- Dedicated keybinding for ECM. CM do not have to be in a fire group, holding this down will charge the first ECM module on your ship that is ready to go, and releasing will fire it
    I love it. Now please do this for discovery scanner, kill warrant/cargo/frameshift scanner, too.

Edit2:

- Fixes for hanger cameras and decal slots on the imperial Eagle
    Was this in response to this bug report? Because that was with the Eagle MK II, which should also get its wing decals fixed.

Good news: have invites from all 20 engineers now and the engineers I hadn't previously unlocked all ask for 1 Fish.

Originally Posted by Mephane View Post (Source)
    @FD: Can you say anything at all regarding the state of passenger cabin sizes and types? The selection seems rather incomplete, which cuts off a lot of ships players from passenger gameplay entirely.
    Not sure I want everyone running cabins. DDF mentioned lower class than cabins - possibility to transport low paying passengers around in canisters. Enabling cabins for everyone would render such possibility pointless.
    Peteris Krisjanis
    Call sign: Eagleboy | Will play: All Online | Federation | Trader and Explorer, with a little of everything else
    Please support call for ED Linux port https://www.change.org/p/frontier-de...-linux-desktop

Originally Posted by Pecisk View Post (Source)
    Not sure I want everyone running cabins. DDF mentioned lower class than cabins - possibility to transport low paying passengers around in canisters. Enabling cabins for everyone would render such possibility pointless.
    This is what I was hoping for too. I liked the idea that low paying passengers being transported in cargo containers ran the risk of being sold into slavery...

- Added a mechanism to import star system names into visited stars cache
    does it mean what i think it means?!

How to contribute to the beta CG at Jones Estate ? I see no way for donate materials. :/

Originally Posted by Crashdive View Post (Source)
    Huh I'm using a R9 380 4GB MSI Card - no probs here
    He means the crash occurring when using an AMD card that runs on amd legacy drivers (cards no longer supported by AMD).
    Players having those cards cant get into the game. It crashes as soon as it gets into the loading menu.

See this thread: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...-Loading-game_

14. This is the last staff post in this thread. #74
    Originally Posted by JYD75 View Post (Source)
    Could we possibly get a bit more info on this and how it should work/what it is for? Sounds like something that could be interesting to test
    see this thread: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...ed-Stars-cache
    @rhevian

So what about the issue with not being able to find fumeroles and geyers ? Is it a bug ? Is it being worked on ?

They aren't common enough and there should be some information on where to find them, as I've spent hours looking on the different geographies on different worlds that should have them. I can see by Youtube that some people have found them, and that's great, but there should be some information on where to find them on the planetary map or at least a rough area on it.

More comments on it here:

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...nks-in-advance

Still, a great beta and I'll look forward to testing this new version tonight.
    ---<<< Elite: Dangerous - Kickstarter/ Alpha Backer >>>---

System Specs: Dell XPS 8300, Core i7 2600 Quad Core @ 3.4Ghz (64-Bit), 12GB Ram, 3TB HDD, MSI nVidia GeForce GTX 970 Gaming 4G OC 4Gb GDDR5, Windows 10 Pro, Mad Catz ( Saitek ) Pro Flight X52 Pro Flight System for Desktop PC / Xbox 360 Wired Controller for Laptop

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast