Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Module Storage: will it make it into 2.2?

Module storage???

Why would anyone want that when we can have jump range boosting from Neutron Stars that only helps explorers who never want to take damage when they are out in the black.

Certainly that should be a much higher priority...
    Not complaining, just an observation.

Very strange way of development with no storage system in place. But then i guess they add cash/hour to use it...

Originally Posted by rrobes View Post (Source)
    To be perfectly honest, module storage and the bounty/fine broker were the two things on the top of my list for improvements.

I would like to believe that FD is holding back some of the new features, but so far the added Engineers and passenger transfer really don't bring much to the table in their current form. The fighter concept is nice but needs to be refined as the fighters themselves are great to fly but are limited in capabilities.

I hope they DO NOT delay module storage. If anything, module storage would increase Engineering use as everyone would be tailoring their equipment for different tasks. I need to into combat, shielded FSD, exploration, a long range FSD and so on.
    I really hope they make it into 2.2. I found the ship launched fighters kind of MEH. I don't think I would gain any advantage over just fighting with my main ship. In fact, I think you run a higher risk of losing your ship if you go off in one of those wimpy fighters and leave your main ship in the hands of an NPC.

Also, if they don't fix the Beluga's pathetic jump range, then the only recourse will be to grind the Engineer's FSD upgrades, which makes module storage even more urgent.

As far as current testing...

The new Passenger Missions are currently bugged making them hard to play and test because you can't complete the bulk of them. The multi-beacon missions for example universally fail to spawn the beacon at the second or third destination making them impossible to complete.

Despite the fact that this is a beta, it is still annoying to see my Commander's Rep plummeting in several of my high ranked factions due to my constant need to abandon these passenger missions because of the beacon spawn bug. (These missions have a VERY HIGH impact on your REP, which will ultimately be a good thing, but terrible if this bug makes it into the release and starts effecting player's REAL STATS!)

This was reported back in Beta 2, yet here we are with the problem remaining unchanged in Beta 4.

Doesn't bode well for these working on release. Its not like these are hard to reproduce. Just accept a multi-beacon sightseeing mission and you are 99.9% likely to have a bugged mission that can't be completed.

Commander Goldengoose7
    A
    isling
    Duval Systems Command
    Cubeo • Medupe City • Official HQ

Originally Posted by biohazard15 View Post (Source)
    Hell, I've pledged to blue-haired bimbo to get myself a lifelong supply of Prismatic Shields. And that plan depends on functional module storage.
    Option B is to have a small collection of holder-ships that you can put powerplay-modules on. I have about 8 such ships with assorted modules from most powers on them. Naturally, module storage is better since then I don't need to have the extra ships, but until then...

Patch notes say it is in but deactivated as they are still working on it

"Module transfers and storage are still being worked on, so aren't available yet. "

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...2-Beta-is-live

- Module storage added to Outfitting (not currently active in beta)
    - Stored modules can be sold (not currently active in beta)

So it is a work in process, just not ready yet.

6. Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. #21
    Module storage is coming in Beta-5.

It will need a good 'ol bashing from you Beta folks to iron out any remaining stinkers. So STORE EVERYTHING! (. . . then unstore everything AND STORE IT AGAIN!)

Originally Posted by Jon Pace View Post (Source)

It will need a good 'ol bashing from you Beta folks to iron out any remaining stinkers. So STORE EVERYTHING! (. . . then unstore everything AND STORE IT AGAIN!)
    Great! Beta 5 is when?

Best news since Beta 4 Don't worry, we will test it alright
    Peteris Krisjanis
    Call sign: Eagleboy | Will play: All Online | Federation | Trader and Explorer, with a little of everything else
    Please support call for ED Linux port https://www.change.org/p/frontier-de...-linux-desktop

Can't wait for Module Storage & the loss on Modules when selling, it'll bring a whole new meaning to investing in expensive modules & gearing your ship.

Any news on what the loss will be, will it be 5% or 10%?

Part Time Pilot
    Full Time Father

Awesome news! Thanks a lot for letting us know!

Cool, cheers! Will try my best to break your code.

Originally Posted by K-Rose View Post (Source)
    Can't wait for Module Storage & the loss on Modules when selling, it'll bring a whole new meaning to investing in expensive modules & gearing your ship.

Any news on what the loss will be, will it be 5% or 10%?
    Has FD said anything about this during this beta or is this just speculation?

Originally Posted by DragoonKnight View Post (Source)
    Has FD said anything about this during this beta or is this just speculation?
    Nothing has been mentioned during this beta AFAIK, its from way back when they had sale loss in a previous beta. When they removed it after The Outrage, they said it would be back when module storage was in.

Does the modules transfer will come with the beta 5 too ?

AWESOME! Ok will do. Thanks for letting us know.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast