Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Beta 2.2 - Update 5

By popular request - added the destination star's class type to the info panel message upon initiating a jump
    Awesome!

Originally Posted by Zac Antonaci View Post (Source)
    Just a quick post to let you know that there is a new Beta update going live this morning.

We're expecting the servers to go down at 10pm BST and the update to be completed within a couple of hours.
    This morning, or tonight (10pm) ???

3. Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. #33
    Originally Posted by Gavin Burke View Post (Source)
    This morning, or tonight (10pm) ???
    Consider Am and Pm redefined....

Yes I meant the morning... I've edited the first post to clarify.

I had 1 job...
    Head of Communications

- Cleaned up some of the messaging being used when jumping to a system. We now only show the abort message when the destination is potentially dangerous (currently, when in anarchy)
    What else could possibly mark a system as dangerous I wonder.

Originally Posted by Spacemarkl View Post (Source)
    What I am...
    You're an unbranded calf?!
    I'm stoking the branding irons as we speak.
    (Credit for the image goes to Moozipan)
    Commander Reighdar One man. One ship. One galaxy.

6. Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. #36
    Number 5 is alive....
    Head of Communications

It seems the heat re-balance hasn't made it into this patch?

What about the current Engineer schematics? Are they what's going live?

Thanks!

Nooooo!!!! Once you've had 2.2, you can *never* go back .

Cmon.. you can troll this thread and play at the same time.

I have faith in you!

\\///
    OO
    >
    -
    Spikeeeee

Originally Posted by Redan View Post (Source)
    It seems the heat re-balance hasn't made it into this patch?

What about the current Engineer schematics? Are they what's going live?

Thanks!
    Heat re-balance was in Beta 4 already. Engineer schematics were in enabled in previous beta too.
    Peteris Krisjanis
    Call sign: Eagleboy | Will play: All Online | Federation | Trader and Explorer, with a little of everything else
    Please support call for ED Linux port https://www.change.org/p/frontier-de...-linux-desktop

I had 1 job...
    Cool thanks, I will be on the game around 9:30pm so will ensure I download the update whilst I'm out in the evening

Originally Posted by Pecisk View Post (Source)
    Heat re-balance was in Beta 4 already. Engineer schematics were in enabled in previous beta too.

You obviously haven't been keeping up with the heat experiment thread. The prevailing consensus is that the nerf was too harsh, and the values would be tweaked again.

Have you seen the current engineer schematics in the game right now? Specifically those related to Fuel Scoops and Scanners?

12. Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. #42
    Programmer- Elite: Dangerous
    Out on the subject of the PA/cannon buffs, there's a line that got truncated on the posted changlog, Huge/Advanced PAs got a 14%/10% DPS buff alongside medium/large getting 2%/5%. Remember they're getting increased projectile speeds as well which increases effective DPS notably by increasing hit rates, and that before the end of beta they will also have access to higher end engineer mods (this will hopefully be a server-side change as soon as some wrinkles are sorted out that are hiding quite a few mods).

The primary purpose of the damage changes here is for consistency, for example the small multicannon used to have a ~35% damage bonus for fixed over gimbals, whereas the huge had a 4% - when the range is that large comparisons between fixed or gimballed multicannons as a whole really can't be accurate. But the first step is to make the comparison meaningful, hence the comment in the changelog about further changes probably needed later .
    "Never argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience"
    - Anon

I had 1 job...
    Lol Zac, great job the update is now live

Thanks a lot for all your hard work. Cant wait to test it tonight
    "Foxtrott-Romeo-Alpha" - CMDR Francis G. Blackly - Soldier of Fortune since 3270
    Pilot of the Asp Explorer
    "DSE Cayetano Valdès" <- Click for Coriolis Data
    Be a commander, fly a spaceship, live the adventure.

So is the Wing/Friend Instancing netcode issue going to be fixed soonish? If other players are going to be able to ride in the same craft, I assume it will be addressed. I refer to the not being able to see AUS,ZN-US Wing/Friend's in space bug. Which is documented, and there are numerous support tickets. Worked kind of okay before Horizons, hasn't worked since Horizons launch.

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast