Page 1 of 6 1235 Last

Thread: The Super Sumo Big Beta Blowout - your invitation

The Super Sumo Big Beta Blowout - your invitation

As usual.... just before the end of Beta, Hutton is Hosting the "Big Beta Bash".

Hosted by CMDR Youneverasked and the Hutton team, this time the Hutton Truckers are taking on all-comers.

Date:
    **UPDATED 22nd October, from 5pm game time onward (6pm BST)

Venue:
    Ngalkin Civilian Installation
    Note... fly near a 1 c and you will see it in Nav panel.

Teams:
    Truckers:
    Type 9's with NPC crew and Taipan Fighters

Shiny Pirates
    Belugas with NPC Crew and Imperial Fighters.

Team 'Numbskull'
    Keelback and Fed Fighter

At the end of beta you lose it all anyway, so you had better blow it all in style. Everyone.... turn up and shoot stuff. Missiles, heat weapons, turrets, ramming, spamming ECM, chaff storms, mines, shock mines... the lot.

And if you get bored, demolition derby on the planet below. Will release coordinates later.

As usual, we're thinly disguising a test of the new fighters, the new ship, weapon updates and of course that shiny new style location as a big battle. Turn on your verbose logging. Throw everything you have at the matchmaking and shoot stuff.

Also as usual, anyone in a non-approved ship is to be attacked and destroyed by everyone. Yellow Haulers are our camera ships (they're the only exception).

If you cant make the start time, turn up later!!!! We'll be smashing things up for hours.

all convening on teamspeak.laveradio.com from 5pm game time.

Not open for debate on ship choices. You are in a t9 with a Taipan you are on one team, beluga and Imperial Fighter, you are on the other. Anything else, well... prepare to be blown up :-)

Ladies and gentlemen, prepare yourselves to set aside the trappings of civility and quench your thirst for big explosions!

Following the Super Sumo Big Beta Blowout will be another special event, CMDR youneverasked's Circus of Destruction!

This will be a demolition derby event. Bring your ship of choice, bring your biggest shield and bring your mods. ALL KILLS FOR THE SECOND EVENT WILL BE BY RAMMING.

Many will enter, one will win. Stay tuned to this post for more info as the date approaches.

I'll try to drop some new information about each event every day leading up to the showdown.

Taipan bearing SpaceCow of Death it is then.

The name of the location has changed in beta I think, well if I am at the right place NGALKIN A 1 C, its now called Civiian Installation.

Only 9 days until showtime!

Want to participate, but need a ship?
    The Beluga can be found at Beagle 2 Landing in Asellus or at Dalton Gateway in LHS 3447, 123.47 and 107.34 LY away from Ngalkin, respectively.

You can get a Type-9 much closer. Mach City in Yimanbin is a mere 3.90 LY away from Ngalkin. Mach City is also a great place to go to change your loadout, with a huge selection of modules.

Eight days left until the Big Beta Blowout!
    Todays update will focus on the ship launched fighters we will be using for the event.
    GU-97 (Imperial Fighter)
    Armor: 15
    Shields: 15
    Max Speed: 312
    Boost Speed: 540
    Pitch Rate: 78

Taipan (Independent Fighter)
    Armor: 45
    Shields: 30
    Max Speed: 273
    Boost Speed: 564
    Pitch Rate: 41
    (Note that the Aegis F model is slightly faster and more manuverable.)

None of the fighters are very durable compared to a player ship, but the Taipan has double the shield and three times the hull strength of the GU-97. Best advice for Imperials: don't get hit!

I enjoyed the 2.1 event notwithstanding persistent attacks by NPC's summoned by those Cmdrs who arrived with report crimes 'on' (which appeared to be the vast majority) and those Cmdrs who refused to turn report crimes 'off' (which appeared to be a small yet determined minority).

In my feedback the next day I suggested considering an anarchy system next time...................?

Indeed. But we looked at that vs the option of testing out the new ship launched fighters in a cqc style environment...... and the latter won.

Originally Posted by Vingtetun View Post (Source)
    Indeed. But we looked at that vs the option of testing out the new ship launched fighters in a cqc style environment...... and the latter won.
    Ah, I understand now, thank you for considering anyway.

Just to be clear, is the idea that (so far as one can ever enforce such things) Cmdrs must all fly the SLF with main ship on auto-pilot, or is it ok to fly main ship yourself? And are SLF obligatory (assuming you use one of the permitted mother ships) or can you just fly the mother ship without them? Cheers.

Originally Posted by Truesilver View Post (Source)
    Ah, I understand now, thank you for considering anyway.

Just to be clear, is the idea that (so far as one can ever enforce such things) Cmdrs must all fly the SLF with main ship on auto-pilot, or is it ok to fly main ship yourself? And are SLF obligatory (assuming you use one of the permitted mother ships) or can you just fly the mother ship without them? Cheers.
    Sure you can fly without. I don't see why you would, though. It would put you at a significant disadvantage. If you bring them, you can fly the main ship or the fighter or mix it up. In fact, testing a number of different options would be in the spirit of the beta event.

One week to go!
    Check out this video for today's update.
    The Civilian's Installation tunnels have fun destructible elements!

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/youneverasked/video/22227215

Update time!

As you all know, sometimes things in betas can go HORRIBLY WRONG. By enabling verbose logging, you can help Frontier to work out many of the bugs prior to launch by providing them with a little extra info in your network logs. You can enable verbose logging by adding the line
    VerboseLogging="1"
    to your game's AppConfig.xml file.

The default location for Appconfig.xml is:
    C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Frontier_Developments\Products\ [NAME OF YOUR GAME VERSION]

The default location for your network logs is:
    C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Frontier_Developments\Products\ [NAME OF YOUR GAME VERSION]\Logs

Five. Days. Left.

Today's update video showcases the wide, lumpy canyons of Ngalkin A 1 C, the moon the Civilian Installation orbits. They will be the perfect location for ship and SRV demolition events, to take place after the Cows vs. Whales shootout!

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/youneverasked/video/22293946

I'll be there supporting another Hutton Trucker initiative, they are always a good laugh! Just need to buy a T-9, that will be tonights mission

Page 1 of 6 1235 Last