Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: [List] The Supercharge Routes

  1. #1

    [List] The Supercharge Routes

    I intend this thread to be a collection of all of the routes to interesting and amazing places that are only possible through supercharging your FSDs.

    This can always be found in the sticky directory Community Cartographics: Lists of Systems and POI Directory

    Route Name Entry Star (link to list) Jump Range Jumponium? Return route? Notes Media /Thread
    Watch Tower Route Pro Eurl QG-J d10-3 ~53ly 1x J3 Yes* No stars above this route at all (there are higher catalogue stars fairly nearby, and toward the core, but this is very near the bubble). This was the first route of its kind, and pioneered the concept of supercharge routes. https://youtu.be/eIEXtIZHGtU

    *This route has a single alternative that doesn't require supercharges. Leaving it in as an example though, because this route itself cannot be done without supercharging

    To make it to this table you need to post all the details as I have in post #2

    Route name:
    Entry star:
    Required jump range:
    Jumponium needed:
    Return route?
    Notes:
    Jumps: (can include names of stars, planets, and jumps)
    Screenshot of destination system(s) (including system maps, as much detail as possible, other items of note) - this is the main requirement. You need to prove you have been there, and you need to provide something of value to the community.

    REMEMBER! Jetstreams represent a HAZARD. See the following guide by MAGSEC:


  2. #2
    The Pioneering first Supercharge Route!

    Route Name: Watch Tower Route

    Entry Neutron Star: Praea Euq DW-K d9-3

    Jump range required: ~53ly

    Jumponium needed: 1x J3

    Return route? No

    Notes: No stars above this route at all (there are higher catalogue stars fairly nearby, and toward the core, but this is very near the bubble). This was the first route of its kind, and pioneered the concept of supercharge routes.

    Jumps:
    Pro Eurl QG-J d10-3
    Pro Treia WV-E d11-1
    Pro Treia BC-D d12-0
    Pro Treia CN-B d13-1
    Pro Treia IO-Z d13-0
    Pro Treia XB-C d13-0
    ------------------------ biggest jump (193 ly)
    The Doozy
    Pro Treia PF-E d12-0
    ------------------------ Requires J3 with 53ly jump range (106ly)
    The No-Going-Back Don't-Look-Down Leap of Faith
    Pro Treia KZ-F d11-0
    Pro Treia LZ-F d11-0
    Pro Treia JO-H d10-0
    Pro Treia HT-H d10-0
    Pro Treia BS-J d9-0 - Erimus' Peak
    Pro Treia AS-J d9-0 - Kaii's Peak

    Screenshots of system maps and other items of note to follow.
    No stars above this route at all (there are higher catalogue stars fairly nearby, and toward the core, but this is very near the bubble). This was the first route of its kind, and pioneered the concept of supercharge routes.

  3. #3
    I'm already building up a list of neutron stars for exactly this purpose. I suppose I'm going with personal routes to start with, then they get optimised over time before getting published.
    Zenith Ddraiglas - Surveyor - Scientist - Explorer Nadir Ffenics - Outlander Challenger - Imgur album
    ||||||||| TRIPLE ||||||||| ELITE ||||||||| Novice ||||||||| Broker ||||||||| Ranger |||||||||
    "I don't feel homesick, because I'm already at home in the stars."

  4. #4
    Hello,


    I've developped a little external tool for ED, working (for the moment, could be extended) with voice attack.
    It aims to allow to quickly plot waypoints stored in an ascii file.
    I think this could allow to facilitate "FSD Boost highways" implementation, reducing significantly plotting time IF you have a predefined route.


    For the moment, it only run on windows 64 bits, with VoiceAttack.
    It is composed of 1) a standalone c++/Qt program, 2) a voiceattack profile
    The voiceattack profil contains two usable commands:
    - Plot next system contained in the ascii file
    - Open a dialog, to choose next destination


    Is somebody interested to help in testing it ?
    Somebody having beta 2.2 access and being in a neutron field would be great, to test how it improve FSD Boost use time.
    A good knowledge of voice attack can help but is not completely necessary.
    CMDR Alistair Hope, Co-administrator of the Deep Space Network.

  5. #5
    Originally Posted by drkaii View Post (Source)
    Requires J3 with 53ly jump range (106ly) The No-Going-Back Don't-Look-Down Leap of Faith
    Why is that the no going back jump? Due to fuel? (I expected the super charges to be point of no return generally) Would it be possible to send a fleet and concentrate all remaining fuel to allow one ship to return?

  6. #6
    Pro Treia PF-E d12-0 is a white dwarf. It took a neutron star to reach it, 193ly. There's nothing there to let you come back

    Originally Posted by Zenith View Post (Source)
    I'm already building up a list of neutron stars for exactly this purpose. I suppose I'm going with personal routes to start with, then they get optimised over time before getting published.
    No rush, I don't really think this should start properly until 2.2 is available to all. This was the pioneer system to prove to the devs and the community that it worked.

    Originally Posted by AlistairHope View Post (Source)
    Hello,


    I've developped a little external tool for ED, working (for the moment, could be extended) with voice attack.
    It aims to allow to quickly plot waypoints stored in an ascii file.
    I think this could allow to facilitate "FSD Boost highways" implementation, reducing significantly plotting time IF you have a predefined route.


    For the moment, it only run on windows 64 bits, with VoiceAttack.
    It is composed of 1) a standalone c++/Qt program, 2) a voiceattack profile
    The voiceattack profil contains two usable commands:
    - Plot next system contained in the ascii file
    - Open a dialog, to choose next destination


    Is somebody interested to help in testing it ?
    Somebody having beta 2.2 access and being in a neutron field would be great, to test how it improve FSD Boost use time.
    A good knowledge of voice attack can help but is not completely necessary.
    As I said in fleetcomm, that sounds great. When you have it working 100% let me know and I might do a video about it!

  7. #7
    Ah, so it is the super charged jump after all.

    edit: it's be fun if you find a route that would require what I described - a fleet could escort the fleetcom account over there and send it back or something to get the system marked as a group effort

  8. #8
    Originally Posted by drkaii View Post (Source)
    I intend this thread to be a collection of all of the routes to interesting and amazing places that are only possible through supercharging your FSDs.

    congrats on the expedition into the true void..

    i would be interested to know hull % and FSD % after each supercharge jump to know what king of repairs are necessary if you noted them?

  9. #9
    I do understand your excitement. However, both this thread and your recent video have left me uneasy and disturbed to a certain degree. Please allow me to elaborate:


    1. There is no "concept" that needed to be proved in any way. Much like the time FSD injection became available, if you have the range--and regardless of the means you used to get it--you can jump to a star within that range. Any star. This is simply an extension of the FSD injection by ways of extending the range.
    2. Before jumponium, there were certain star clusters that could not be reached. Jumponium changed that and people like Allitnil have been silently pushing the limits all over the galaxy. Dismissing their efforts by presenting this new mechanic as the one that "changed exploration forever" is not only misleading but also disrespectful to their work. What this mechanic does is add extra jump range. Just like when jumponium was introduced this means more stars will be available and can be reached but with some caveats (see below).
    3. Your communication to the explorer community is unclear and misleading and can leave people confused because of the caveats involved with the NS/WD jump increase.
    4. Your claim "don't go for the tagging glory, do it for science" is a fallacy. You are simply exchanging an in-game mechanic with an out-of-game glory system, be it the forums, EDSM, whatever. Fine with me, feel free to seek this kind of recognition but please don't misrepresent it.
    5. There are plenty of stars close to the bubble way above and below the galactic plane that are reachable via multiple jumponium jumps and are potentially higher than the one you jumped to. For example HD 119768 (-67.4375 / 1998.5 / 512.6875) https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...=1#post4558791 I'd never claim that it's the highest there is. It's a local maximum and almost all our far-reached places are such local maximums.
    6. I understand that you couldn't wait to go and do the jump to those stars, but doing it in beta is unfair and once more gives the wrong message to the explorers.


    The concept of jumping to previously too far away stars or star clusters is perfectly valid (much like with the previous range extensions via FSD injection and engineered ships), however I suggest that you explicitly tell people certain things (i.e. caveats):


    • Everyone knows that if a star is reachable via jumponium then the route is reversible provided one has the mats. There will be no stars one can reach only with supercharged FSD but can leave with jumponium. If you can leave there with jumponium then you can reach there with jumponium. A supercharged FSD may make the trip shorter but with considerably less safety.
    • If one drops out of SC while supercharging one will lose their ship. This needs to be large, bold, and emphasised as much as possible. This is not the same as dropping at the exclusion zone of a star and suffering 1% hull and PP unfixable damage. This is losing your ship and all your exploration data. Plain and simple.
    • If you reach a remote star or cluster via FSD supercharge, then you may be lucky that there is a way out that you missed but if there isn't, the only way back is via another neutron star. If no such neutron star exists then there is no way back other than self-destruct. Again this needs to be emphasised so people know exactly what they are getting themselves into.
    • If you choose the wrong star to jump and become stuck because it has no jumponium route out and no neutron star then the only way out of it is to self destruct. See above about the implication and seriousness of warning people exactly what they are doing.


    Past that, feel free to do whatever you think is good for you and brings you fun in the game. Speaking for myself I am ambivalent on whether I'd try such a suicidal stunt, not only because of personal reasons but also because the costs are prohibiting and I am not rich. I have an Anaconda with only two rebuys and a few rebuys on my Asp but that's not exactly the billions (or even the hundreds of millions). As a game mechanic it's viable and absolutely useful in certain cases, provided one takes into account the caveats and--I'd add--there is a way back from the star(s) one is jumping to.

    Having used jumponium heavily--and still using it--I know the limitations and the easiness one can get into trouble. Unless I'd be prepared to lose my data and had the necessary funds for rebuys, I don't believe these suicide missions are the way to explore. That however is my personal belief and I don't pretend for a single moment that it's a universal law. Our opinions (yours included) are subjective.

  10. #10
    Originally Posted by Rhea Lorell View Post (Source)
    I do understand your excitement. However, both this thread and your recent video have left me uneasy and disturbed to a certain degree. Please allow me to elaborate:


    1. There is no "concept" that needed to be proved in any way. Much like the time FSD injection became available, if you have the range--and regardless of the means you used to get it--you can jump to a star within that range. Any star. This is simply an extension of the FSD injection by ways of extending the range.
    2. Before jumponium, there were certain star clusters that could not be reached. Jumponium changed that and people like Allitnil have been silently pushing the limits all over the galaxy. Dismissing their efforts by presenting this new mechanic as the one that "changed exploration forever" is not only misleading but also disrespectful to their work. What this mechanic does is add extra jump range. Just like when jumponium was introduced this means more stars will be available and can be reached but with some caveats (see below).
    3. Your communication to the explorer community is unclear and misleading and can leave people confused because of the caveats involved with the NS/WD jump increase.
    4. Your claim "don't go for the tagging glory, do it for science" is a fallacy. You are simply exchanging an in-game mechanic with an out-of-game glory system, be it the forums, EDSM, whatever. Fine with me, feel free to seek this kind of recognition but please don't misrepresent it.
    5. There are plenty of stars close to the bubble way above and below the galactic plane that are reachable via multiple jumponium jumps and are potentially higher than the one you jumped to. For example HD 119768 (-67.4375 / 1998.5 / 512.6875) https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...=1#post4558791 I'd never claim that it's the highest there is. It's a local maximum and almost all our far-reached places are such local maximums.
    6. I understand that you couldn't wait to go and do the jump to those stars, but doing it in beta is unfair and once more gives the wrong message to the explorers.
    1. The concept needed to be proved as supercharge routes needed to be demonstrated as existing.
    2. No belittling at all. Suicide jumping has the potential to bring in a whole new way of exploring.
    3. Elaborate?
    4. How did I misrepresent it? I never made it an either-or scenario.
    5. Yes you are right, I've had that pointed out. I've tried to correct/clarify it where I could but the video is out in the wild now. That was purely down to excitement, and I do regret that a lot
    6. I felt it was necessary to test the mechanic, as well as various other things. Thankfully, it turns out this was a false positive and can be reached with jumponium and I'm sure there is a tag up there already.

    Originally Posted by Rhea Lorell View Post (Source)

    • Everyone knows that if a star is reachable via jumponium then the route is reversible provided one has the mats. There will be no stars one can reach only with supercharged FSD but can leave with jumponium. If you can leave there with jumponium then you can reach there with jumponium. A supercharged FSD may make the trip shorter but with considerably less safety.
    • If one drops out of SC while supercharging one will lose their ship. This needs to be large, bold, and emphasised as much as possible. This is not the same as dropping at the exclusion zone of a star and suffering 1% hull and PP unfixable damage. This is losing your ship and all your exploration data. Plain and simple.
    • If you reach a remote star or cluster via FSD supercharge, then you may be lucky that there is a way out that you missed but if there isn't, the only way back is via another neutron star. If no such neutron star exists then there is no way back other than self-destruct. Again this needs to be emphasised so people know exactly what they are getting themselves into.
    • If you choose the wrong star to jump and become stuck because it has no jumponium route out and no neutron star then the only way out of it is to self destruct. See above about the implication and seriousness of warning people exactly what they are doing.
    1. Wrong, it can be that the destination is itself a neutron star, or within reach of one of the neutron stars on the route.
    2. It should and I was planning on emphasising that in upcoming videos. I've escaped from it a few times but it's sometimes impossible to escape.
    3. I've emphasised that as much as possible but yes, it can't be emphasised enough.
    4. Yes, again I've emphasised the danger involved. I feel you are accusing me of being irresponsible with this, which I don't think is fair. I've made out that it is dangerous very explicitly. I haven't said anything to lead people to think otherwise. In fact that was your point 3.

    I plan on making a video going through the mechanic, but in no way is it my responsibility teach people about how the game works. Just want to be clear on that. However, if I've physically mislead anyone, I'd like to know where and how and I can assure you it will get an instant apology as I would never want to do that

    Originally Posted by Rhea Lorell View Post (Source)
    Our opinions (yours included) are subjective.
    Ok when I got to that line, I can tell I've really irked you. I'm sorry. I never pretend my opinion is fact. It's a sales pitch, not a lecture. It's a drama piece, not a breaking news. It's generated a lot of wonder, and a lot of positivity towards exploration and Elite in general. I feel my job is done. It's my burden to bare if it turns out people don't like it in the end and it pans out to nothing. I am prepared for that, but I'll keep on making videos and keep on pushing exploration to the devs and community wherever I can. If I annoy some people along the way, nice people like you, that's a price I regret but will probably keep paying. My excitement always takes charge


    EDIT: Erimus did point out to me that there is a convention to not use player names when naming things, I didn't know it so I've removed it. I think its fair, and apologise!

  11. #11
    You were asked by the devs to test this idea and give feedback. You not only tested it you made a video showing how much fun it was and pitched the case for the 300 % boost to make it into the live game.

    So what that it turns out the route you chose could be traveled using risk-free Jumponium, or so what that its not the official highest point! You're guilty of over exuberance, nothing more! . The point was to show how new ways of traveling the galaxy and exploring its far reaches can be fun and rewarding if FD stick to the current boost rates and don't sanitize the risks involved.

    15,000 YouTube views and a massive majority of the associated comments being complimentary about this mechanic, speaks for itself!

    +1

  12. #12
    Indeed

    #curmudgeonly!

  13. #13