Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Beta 2.2 - Update 6

They've said somewhere it is like remote control tele presence kind of thing . No need further explanation.

Originally Posted by Mephane View Post (Source)
    Is this a joke? All this discussion and that is everything, 60 slots instead of 30? How about more like, 1000? Is there any technical reason why that isn't feasible, or do you guys just subscribe to the latest "punish them with tiny inventory" fad?
    I believe its a UI consideration, they believe many more than that will become unwieldy and then everyone will hate that more. Not sure if thats true, but someone always complains about something so probably. Still 60 seems like enough for your average player I imagine. I can only think of about 20 modules I currently would like to always keep and I have engineered more than most i believe. I guess it depends on how many ships you like to engineer up.

Thanks FDev, appreciate the work, and those change logs are great! the more info the betterer!

Engineers
    - Make sure we always get the right string key for existing modification name
    - Added ellipses functionality to blueprint text strings. If they are greater than 25 characters an ellipses will be added
    - Fixed layout problems in engineers workshop that would cause a scrollbar to appear and have unintended effects
    - Fixed bug where engineer special effect animation would always overlay the description of the successful special effect, before the animation had completed
    And RNGineer still remain....

Originally Posted by Zac Antonaci View Post (Source)
    Any news on the panel you are using in system map/galaxy map actually being remembered a 2.1 feature that never worked? a thing explorers would love, so we don't constantly need to switch to info panel, when in deep space, for example.

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

Originally Posted by Eera View Post (Source)
    Oh come on, by now people should be aware that the only major difference with how Elite does such things and other games is that in other games you aren't away of what you 'can' get in stats, you only see the result? would it be better just to hide it behind an animation, so you are unaware of what exactly you can get?
    CMDR Xon Draken

Originally Posted by optimal_909 View Post (Source)
    I know, no promises, no ETAs, but is there any indication when 2.2 will go live?
    Mid-October.

(i know, i know...)

Reporting: no one of them in beta 6 yet

Tod 'The Blaster' McQuinn

Cannon Light Weight Mount level 1
    Cannon Light Weight Mount level 2
    Cannon Rapid Fire Modification level 1
    Cannon Rapid Fire Modification level 2
    Cannon Sturdy Mount level 1
    Cannon Sturdy Mount level 2
    FragCannon Rapid Fire Modification level 1
    FragCannon Rapid Fire Modification level 2
    FragCannon Rapid Fire Modification level 3
    Multicannon Long Range Weapon level 1
    Multicannon Long Range Weapon level 2
    Multicannon Long Range Weapon level 3
    Multicannon Long Range Weapon level 4
    Multicannon Long Range Weapon level 5
    Multicannon Rapid Fire Modification level 1
    Multicannon Rapid Fire Modification level 2
    Multicannon Rapid Fire Modification level 3
    Multicannon Rapid Fire Modification level 4
    Multicannon Rapid Fire Modification level 5
    RailGun High Capacity Magazine level 3
    RailGun High Capacity Magazine level 4
    RailGun Light Weight Mount level 3
    RailGun Light Weight Mount level 4
    RailGun Long Range Weapon level 3
    RailGun Long Range Weapon level 4
    RailGun Short Range Blaster level 3
    RailGun Short Range Blaster level 4
    RailGun Sturdy Mount level 3
    RailGun Sturdy Mount level 4
    [IMG][/IMG]

The basic design of engineers is not going to change, nor does it need to.
    Regards HexCaliber.

where's the new 'FSD interrupt' for engineers, do we get to test this before it goes live?

Originally Posted by jgm View Post (Source)
    - Fixed supercruise motion indicators not being displayed

That's not those vertical bars either side of the screen is it? Losing them was a great step forwards!
    ^^^ Yep

Originally Posted by Hexcaliber View Post (Source)
    The basic design of engineers is not going to change, nor does it need to.
    Agreed I love the variety in modules it makes lore sense and gives me an excuse everytime I'm killed

Originally Posted by optimal_909 View Post (Source)
    I know, no promises, no ETAs, but is there any indication when 2.2 will go live?
    Hopefully early next week

Change log was not mile long any more. Could be this is the last beta.

And RNGineer still remain....
    Just play the game, and you will get multiple materials for any upgrade you want.
    Expecting to get a perfect roll from a handful of attempts is lazy.

Search correct signal sources in correct system state, prospect planets, mine asteroids, collect bounties, explore, do missions in stations you rarely visit. Maybe try playing all of these aspects of the game instead of ignoring them and you will have a much better time at the engineers.

For reference, I went to Selene Jean the other day with a moderately-decent 5D HRP and it took 30 attempts to get an improvement on it. Since I know where the materials are for this upgrade, I was able to replenish my entire supply within a day. People just want an 'I win' button without actually playing the game.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast