Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Beta 2.2 - Update 7

Originally Posted by Genar-Hofoen View Post (Source)
    This is truly terrible FDEV.

It has officially ruined my immersion because you have removed the telescopes from the basic scanner.

Awful, awful thing.

http://i.imgur.com/YKODqKI.png
    You do realise the Advanced Scanner is *not* a telescope.

Handwavium - it's a FTL pulse that is sent out from the ship that picks up gravitational wells, sort of like a space SONAR.

Part of me kind of likes this update, it's more realistic in that you have to scan a body to map it (especially as we can view maps in detail now). However for honk/scoop/jump - but picking up a Earth-like or Waterworld on the way - yeaaaa that's annoying

Wonders of the Galaxy | Titus's Law: "As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison of PVP to Griefing approaches 1" | Gentleman pirate and explorer. @titusballs

Whatever the rights or wrongs of the system map change (there are valid arguments on both sides), it would be utterly wrong to put out such a huge change to an established mechanic in a late stage beta. For that reason alone I'm assuming it is a bug.

Originally Posted by grnbrg View Post (Source)
    Quick question: How many systems have you visited, and what is your maximum distance travelled from Sol?

CMDR grnbrg.
    What does that have to do with anything? That's akin to saying that if I don't have a drivers license, I shouldn't be allowed to have a say about speed limits.

And for the record, I've covered 578,690 light years in 21,161 jumps with a max distance from start of 68,973.
    In-game: CMDR Vectron

Could be interesting know what it means "basic scan" for planet . Nice list of updates!

5. Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. #35
    Originally Posted by Alec Turner View Post (Source)
    Forgive me if I've misunderstood but ... we have scanners (which are better than telescopes), and what they've done is changed it so you can't see the planet until you've used your scanner?

Seems fine to me, or have I missed something?
    While this was the original design for the scanners (fixing a separate issue has had a knock-on effect) the behaviour for the this view will return to its previous state. However you will need to have completed a surface scan to see the surface in the surface map, with no surface scan it will default to the sphere grid.

Michael

Originally Posted by Michael Brookes View Post (Source)
    While this was the original design for the scanners (fixing a separate issue has had a knock-on effect) the behaviour for the this view will return to its previous state. However you will need to have completed a surface scan to see the surface in the surface map, with no surface scan it will default to the sphere grid.

Michael
    That sounds excellent (other opinions are available) ... thanks Michael!

P.S. I'm assuming just a basic surface scan will do (i.e. that we won't need a detailed surface scanner in order to get a surface map)

(new Buckyball race from 21 - 29 October : click banner for full race details)

7. Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. #37
    Originally Posted by Alec Turner View Post (Source)
    That sounds excellent (other opinions are available) ... thanks Michael!

P.S. I'm assuming just a basic surface scan will do (i.e. that we won't need a detailed surface scanner in order to get a surface map)
    Basic will do.

Michael

Brilliant. That's how it should be.

**Deleted due to Dev Ninja-ing**

Michael
    So just for clarification...the System map is currently not showing as intended, and will be corrected to look as it did previously?

Is this

Originally Posted by Zac Antonaci View Post (Source)
    - Fix planet scan logic to ensure that planet terrain is only visible if the planet has had a basic scan performed on it
    this: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...urface-scanned ?

If so: awesome!

Edit: already answered:

Michael
    So, indeed: AWESOME!

12. Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. #42
    Originally Posted by straha20 View Post (Source)
    So just for clarification...the System map is currently not showing as intended, and will be corrected to look as it did previously?
    Yes - although you will need to do a surface scan to view the planetary map in its full glory.

Michael

Yes - although you will need to do a surface scan to view the planetary map in its full glory.

Michael
    Works for me Thank ya!

Michael
    Was this the intended behaviour all along or is this in response to player feedback like this: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...urface-scanned

?

Edit: also already answered:

Michael
    I should start reading all dev posts before asking questions

Michael
    Is this surface scans from 2.2 onwards or will previous scans release the image?

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast