Page 1025 of 2171 FirstFirst ... 10151021102210231024102510261027102810291035 ... LastLast
Results 15,361 to 15,375 of 32554

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Alien archeology and other mysteries: Thread 9 - The Canonn

Originally Posted by masCh View Post (Source)
    Hi all

I took the liberty of mapping the locations of the obelisks from CMDR Mortlestiltskin's (and his group) table.

http://www.nusantara.com.my/EliteDangerous/ruins1.html

You can click on the dots to look at its info or the combinations required.
    (Grey: inactive, Yellow: active but no combinations discovered yet, Green: combination confirmed)

Cheers
    CMDR masCh KisieL
    Great work, but I think there's an error.

It lists G10, G17, G18, G20 as active in Solo, but i'm pretty sure it's G17, G18, G19, G20 that are active in solo. Jumping on now to verify.

Originally Posted by Pumabear8 View Post (Source)
    You give me a general area on a body, and I might check it out, I've already been running around this system and nearby ones. without a proper pointer, it'll be down to blind luck finding anything, heck this ruin still takes some getting to because it's not marked, and this is a relatively small body, but even at my boost speed of 420m/s, it's a surface area I'd rather not cover.
    I second that
    Currently surveying SYNEFE XR-H d11-102 2d, the area round +(45 to 55) / (-130 to -140)
    pops significantly more POI´s then the rest of the planet. Additionally its astronomically oriented in same way like Beta site on 1a (thats how I found it, day before yesterday at Beta site SMC, Center of Barnards loop and D11-102 1 were just touching the horizon, I looked for same area on 2d).
    BTW I call 1a site the Beta site, as it contains set 2 (~8-15) of messages....

Originally Posted by Jmanis View Post (Source)
    Great work, but I think there's an error.

It lists G10, G17, G18, G20 as active in Solo, but i'm pretty sure it's G17, G18, G19, G20 that are active in solo. Jumping on now to verify.
    yeah its 17 18 19 and 20

btw there has been a maintenance this morning? Anyone noticing something different?

Originally Posted by Lazarus Kerman View Post (Source)
    yeah its 17 18 19 and 20

btw there has been a maintenance this morning? Anyone noticing something different?
    Is that a "I've noticed something different?" or just a general enquiry?

Originally Posted by Lazarus Kerman View Post (Source)
    yeah its 17 18 19 and 20

yeah stations arent working menus are hanging, missions arent spawning the things a mess.

Visual confirmation of 17/18/19/20 in solo.

Originally Posted by Moritasgus View Post (Source)
    This was explained in the livestream near the end.
    The Adjudication Server is for missions, it tends to crash when people stack missions like killing the same type of thing. The server needs to credit each mission with its +1 within a certain timeframe or you might get a crash.
    My guess in the case of the ruins, rather than one commander multiple similar missions we have lots of commanders with the same mission all in the same spot. With the data bleed it potentially needs to credit 10+ commanders at the same time if someone scans and the rest are on a ship and still need that data. It starts crediting people until the time runs out and those it perhaps doesn't credit in time get the boot.
    that a nae from my side - before last patch, that was several times the reason for me ending up in normal space inside jetcone of NS, without having ANY mission active....

The relic obelisks are all aligned in the same direction. If you take the vertex of the two faces that have the two triangle glyphs on (they point in the same direction on both faces) - points to a bearing of 190degrees. The other two vertices point 100 degrees and 280 degrees.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally Posted by Xenia_K View Post (Source)
    that a nae from my side - before last patch, that was several times the reason for me ending up in normal space inside jetcone of NS, without having ANY mission active....
    That's usually the matchmaking server not the adjudication server.

Good evening.

So to preface, i don't know that what i'm about to post actually means anything. But i'll post anyway... maybe somebody will see something in the images.

While scanning things tonight i noticed that the obelisks always light up on the same side, so you can tell which way the obelisk is "facing" by looking for these features:

A crack on the left most triangle, and divots at the tops of the middle and right triangle. Out of curiosity, i went through a bunch of the groups and mapped out which way the obelisks were facing. I was in a PG when i did this, one other cmdr in the instance.

h:

g:

a:

e:

cluster b has the same layout as e, just rotated.

Like i said, it probably doesn't mean much. Somebody probably just used some kind of template to lay out the game objects. But who knows. I would have mapped out the other clusters but i need to go to sleep or i'll be a very angry cheese at work tomorrow.

10. Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. #15370
    Originally Posted by CMDRDethalis View Post (Source)
    First i want to thank all the commanders that have provided data, tested the combinations and made the maps and spreadsheets. Truly amazing work.

I have a few things to point out that may or may not have been tried.

First i noticed in the testing everyone has done the following:

Solo= 13 data
    Private Party/Open= 23 data
    Wing= ????

Has anyone thought of trying a wing of 4 after they have gotten the other data to see if new obelisks are active?

Another thing i wanna point out is the commander that made a map and got two star systems a while back after he did all the work he did to use CAD and such to make the model. The beacons in this ruins site are not visible till you drive by them and they extend up from in the ground. I also compared the older SOL map that he shows in his post to the ruins and I made a observation. The artifact spots, and beacon spots all align them-self with stars on the SOL map. There is one on the large flat circle which is assumed to be SOL and there is one on the small circle as well. I wonder if they are markers. I wonder if the star that is depicted by the beacon comparison to the SOL map is where we should be looking next. If the above wing situation results in nothing.

Thanks
    There shouldn't be a difference between the modes - that sounds like a bug.

Michael

Originally Posted by Iron Orchid View Post (Source)
    The relic obelisks are all aligned in the same direction. If you take the vertex of the two faces that have the two triangle glyphs on (they point in the same direction on both faces) - points to a bearing of 190degrees. The other two vertices point 100 degrees and 280 degrees.

- - - Updated - - -

That's usually the matchmaking server not the adjudication server.
    I agree, thats why i noticed....

add: someone else finds it curious that Ram Tha access requires 50 units of Classified Scan Databanks, and exactly this is what U find in a lot of POIs on SYNUEFE D11-102 2d?

Originally Posted by Michael Brookes View Post (Source)

Michael
    So, yeah, there's an apparent massive difference between the modes. If you've not seen it yet MB,, this thread has a lot about people's experiences.

tl;dr version...
    - Nobody can get more than the initial 15 obelisks to light up in solo to-date. Once scanned, they go dormant and never reactivate.
    - Going to an instance in open/player groups where there's multiple (apparently, more than two) commanders around, different obelisks light up. Logging out and in again to the same group/instance (may) make more light up. Access to these different obelisks give different decoded entries.
    - You can just sit in your ship with the artifacts in your hold (you don't need to be in a wing), and you'll (sometimes) receive the decoded entries when other people scan the obelisks. You could go afk like this for an hour and get a dozen-odd entries if you didn't have any initially.

There are bug reports to that effect,,, but I can't recall their links... I'll try and dig them out...

Here we go: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...-private-group

EDIT: Obviously you can't say much about it, but using open/groups players can get up to 36 decoded messages. This *appears* to be the maximum (and an idea is that there's 2 more ruins sites we haven't discovered for the other 60-odd), but only you'd know that. However, using solo you're hard-capped at only 13 decoded messages by comparison, because none of the other obelisks ever light up.

Originally Posted by Jmanis View Post (Source)
    So, yeah, there's an apparent massive difference between the modes. If you've not seen it yet MB,, this thread has a lot about people's experiences.

tl;dr version...
    - Nobody can get more than the initial 15 obelisks to light up in solo to-date. Once scanned, they go dormant and never reactivate.
    - Going to an instance in open/player groups where there's multiple (apparently, more than two) commanders around, different obelisks light up. Logging out and in again to the same group/instance (may) make more light up.
    - You can just sit in your ship with the artifacts in your hold (you don't need to be in a wing), and you'll (sometimes) receive the decoded entries when other people scan the obelisks. You could go afk like this for an hour and get a dozen-odd entries if you didn't have any initially.

There are bug reports to that effect,,, but I can't recall their links... I'll try and dig them out...

Here we go: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...-private-group
    To be fair, some of us have been using the third exploit as payment for providing air cover for those in the SRVs in Open - protection in exchange for data. If this is a bug that needs to be fixed, please throw us guardians a bone

Originally Posted by Faybs View Post (Source)
    To be fair, some of us have been using the third exploit as payment for providing air cover for those in the SRVs in Open - protection in exchange for data. If this is a bug that needs to be fixed, please throw us guardians a bone
    Just putting everything on the table.

Originally Posted by Michael Brookes View Post (Source)

Michael
    was the ruins not pre tested, seems like bugs popping up every day now, is that 2 confirmed bugs now?