Page 2084 of 2171 First 2080208220832084208520862088 Last
Results 31,246 to 31,260 of 32554

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Alien archeology and other mysteries: Thread 9 - The Canonn

Originally Posted by OBYOZ View Post (Source)
    Originally Posted by Thatchinho View Post (Source)
    Right, this has taken a lot longer than the couple of days I said. It isn't actually taking long to do, just haven't had the time to do it!
    Perfect. Think I'll start at the top and have a go to try and look for Melvilles lost ship.
    Any ideas where I should start, and whats the latest info on him?
    I cant remember now but where did we first hear about him, was it Galnet?

Thanks
    Cheers, & happy hunting cmdr! I don't know if there has been much of a concerted effort to find the ship tbh. The Galnet article is here: https://community.elitedangerous.com...ac1c292f68b825

(As I'm doing it here, I've also upated my original post with some content about this.)

I think we can infer from that they probably started at Synuefe XR-H D11-102 and passed Synuefe LY-I b42-2, Synuefe NL-N c23-4 and Synuefe TP-F b44-0. Beyond that there doesn't seem to be much to go off.

Anyone else know of anything more on this?

Canonn folks, while I'm thinking about it, is there any benefit to the organization by turning in my now crap-ton of cartography data in Varati rather than at my home station?

Regarding the new Barnacle found in Witch head...

No spawnable items at site whatsoever.
    Main body does not show up on 'contacts' at close range in a ship.
    Main body states "organic structure' as usual, but is scannable with srv link scanner (not ship's as stated)

A buggy blank message is generated when scanned.

Once scanned, Barnacle shows up in Nav panel .. a new feature of 2.3 .. I believe.

..end transmission

\\///
    Oo?
    -
    Spike.K

Originally Posted by BDC View Post (Source)
    Canonn folks, while I'm thinking about it, is there any benefit to the organization by turning in my now crap-ton of cartography data in Varati rather than at my home station?
    Could get you allied ready for the decal, providing you pass the entry tests:
    Blindfolded distinction of rich tea, digestive & shortbread biscuits, demonstrate dunking time greater than 20 seconds without biscuit failure, know the main star sequence backwards, know how to spell Canonn, show respect for the rest of Canonn membership, distinguish between Lavian brandy and Centauri Mega gin, know how to field strip and refurbish a fusion reactor
    (The latter is more of an advisory, for extra brownie biscuit points)

Originally Posted by Han_Zen View Post (Source)
    Always on topic. Nice find!
    Originally Posted by PanPiper. View Post (Source)
    Good find matey!. I see its been added to the meta-sheet. I'll pass by next few cycles and find when its ripe. +rep for the find.
    Glad I could help. I was really lucky with this one. I headed for the next best reddish canyon from orbit and directly after exiting glide I saw a suspicious pixel.

I didn't know you can scan barnacles only shoot them (no I didn't)

BTW, do barnacles become alive again? I visited a different known barnacle with tentacles that was marked as "dead" in the Meta spreadsheet.

Witch Head Sector LC-V C2-10 A 6 / lat -24,4643 / long -26,8704

Originally Posted by tomeagles View Post (Source)
    ARe then any particular hotspots for hyperdictions, been trying to get one since they started and need one for my entry for the ctrl alt apce competition.

Thx in adavnce.
    I've just had one. I went to the Alien Crash site at HIP 17403 Planet A4a Coords - -34.96 / -141.37. There are a few UAs at the site. I picked one up and travelled a couple of jumps with it and then dumped it. Nothing happened so I logged out and when I logged in this morning it has happened twice in succession

Originally Posted by mazelinho View Post (Source)
    Glad I could help. I was really lucky with this one. I headed for the next best reddish canyon from orbit and directly after exiting glide I saw a suspicious pixel.

I didn't know you can scan barnacles only shoot them (no I didn't)

BTW, do barnacles become alive again? I visited a different known barnacle with tentacles that was marked as "dead" in the Meta spreadsheet.

Witch Head Sector LC-V C2-10 A 6 / lat -24,4643 / long -26,8704
    According to the info I have, barnacles have 30 years life cycle, after which they are harvested by Thargoids. Maybe they are evolving again and will be ready to be harvested in a while.

Originally Posted by mazelinho View Post (Source)

I trust the PanPiper info on Barnacles

Originally Posted by Factabulous View Post (Source)
    PanPiper's info = facts.

Three cycles of 2 weeks each. A,B,C,A,B,C,etc
    Each barnacle is in a set cycle and is ripe in one of those periods, broken for 4 weeks and ripe for 2 weeks.
    This data is now part of the metasheet.
    Easy reference for which are ripe at any given time.

Originally Posted by Kalearne View Post (Source)
    Not sure if this is known yet but I found a base out in the Crab Nebula
    Going to visit that for the Galactic Mapping project was what got me Elite in Exploration

Originally Posted by SpocksOddSocks View Post (Source)
    Was this just jumping between Maia and Merope? I was in the top 10% with the feds, and didn't get one then. I have had a single Hyperdiction though, whilst pottering about around the UA bubble under a week after the first one.

Has anyone had a hyperdiction just jumping between those 2 systems?
    no...all the way to 49 Arietis and 64 Arietis and back each time (8 jumps)
    plus side trips to Pleione to see stargazer asteroid base.....plus a couple of hours of random jumping within the nebula area.....

no love

Originally Posted by NorMonsta View Post (Source)
    no...all the way to 49 Arietis and 64 Arietis and back each time (8 jumps)
    plus side trips to Pleione to see stargazer asteroid base.....plus a couple of hours of random jumping within the nebula area.....

no love
    It's that purple underwear!

Originally Posted by Jorki Rasalas View Post (Source)
    It's that purple underwear!

OUTERwear

https://tse3.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.A...wEsDh&pid=15.1

dangit...whys piccie posting so difficult ( I am a luddite)

#notmypants

restating the science...

pee stains ...smells like ammonia
    purple....similar colour to ammonia worlds
    corduroy.....I can rub my legs together (like insects) to make a noise, ie communicate with thargoids

see me shimmy
    whoip whoip whoip !!

I see everyone is stunned to silence with my economic sartorial solutions to scientific advancement

let us mock those who spend squillions on enquiry

#suck my socks Ram Tah