Page 2134 of 2134 FirstFirst ... 212421302131213221332134
Results 31,996 to 32,006 of 32006

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Alien archeology and other mysteries: Thread 9 - The Canonn

Originally Posted by Belthize View Post (Source)
    Don't know if it was ever brought up, but there's a particular structure type at the guardians sites that's clearly mechanical. It has a dual hinge and looks like it opens outward. It might be big enough to get an SRV into, it's too small for a ship. The second we're able to walk on a planet surface I'm heading back to one and poking it with a stick.
    Got a photo of what you mean?
    Canonn Interstellar Research - for the science!
    "In theory, theory and practice are identical; in practice they are not."
    Science = Theory+Experiment: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientific_method
    Jorki (Duque de) Rasalas: Non pascebatis dulcia ad Thargoids - fiunt hiveractive!

Originally Posted by Thatchinho View Post (Source)
    This is disturbing news. When did the Canonn start this dalliance with cakes?!
    Wash your mouth out young Cmdr! Fig rolls are not cakes, they have a crisp (therefore biscuit) exterior wrapped around a yummy squidgy figgy filling. There's a reason they were hidden outside the hull so you need to EVA to get at them! Actually two- the second being as deception armour; if Thargoids attack in person they will be distracted by the yummy squidgy filling long enough for the pilot to hyperspace out!!
    Canonn Interstellar Research - for the science!
    "In theory, theory and practice are identical; in practice they are not."
    Science = Theory+Experiment: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientific_method
    Jorki (Duque de) Rasalas: Non pascebatis dulcia ad Thargoids - fiunt hiveractive!

Originally Posted by Jorki Rasalas View Post (Source)
    Got a photo of what you mean?
    Sadly no, I thought I did but I can't find it. I'm currently puttering around not too far from them exploring virgin low galactic elevation F/G stars, I'll try and swing by HIP 39768 on my way back, pretty sure that's where I first noticed it, they probably exist at most sites. Personally I don't think they're a thing so not much to get spun up about.

Wash your mouth out young Cmdr! Fig rolls are not cakes, they have a crisp (therefore biscuit) exterior wrapped around a yummy squidgy figgy filling. There's a reason they were hidden outside the hull so you need to EVA to get at them! Actually two- the second being as deception armour; if Thargoids attack in person they will be distracted by the yummy squidgy filling long enough for the pilot to hyperspace out!!
    Et tu Jorki? This is worse than I thought. Does a Fig Roll's exterior not go hard with age rather than soft? And swap figgy for orangey and have you not described that ancient Earth treat, the Jaffa Cake?

Sadly no, I thought I did but I can't find it. I'm currently puttering around not too far from them exploring virgin low galactic elevation F/G stars, I'll try and swing by HIP 39768 on my way back, pretty sure that's where I first noticed it, they probably exist at most sites. Personally I don't think they're a thing so not much to get spun up about.
    Can you point out its location, to the best of your memory?

Use this map as an example:

Originally Posted by masCh View Post (Source)
    Can you point out its location, to the best of your memory?

Use this map as an example:
    I think it was near the P and E obelisks here: https://ruins.canonn.technology/#GS25 at HIP 39768

Fair warning, I'm going by memory, it could have been at an earlier Col 173 Sector site I had visited, and again, I suspect it's nothing (and HanZen apparently poked at one too) so if you go flying out there, conclude it's nothing then well .. I'm nearly bored with hunting down undiscovered ELWs out here, so I may wander back through that area and see if can re-locate what I was talking about and snap a pic.

Did you try an MA ? About 99.99% kidding since it's either just a graphic or, if it is a thing, not active yet. The fact that it's not target-able strongly suggests it's basically a fancy shaped rock.
    I did, but the MA is a normal cargo container after it's scooped. It fell off.

Since *cough* wagon wheels (ask Arc).

Which *obviously* are biscuits. But also cakes for some people.

But they're heretics who will burn in hell.

That's the 'Hell or Highwater' cocktail bar in Arc Port on Varati 6A btw.
    CMDR Lord Zoltan - Lapsed(!) Canonn Councillor over at http://canonn.science
    Read Ode to the Elite - A Poem
    I7-6700k - 32Gb GSkill DDR4 - Nvidia Titan Pascal - Oculus CV1 - Corsair AX1200i - Thermaltake Level 10 GT Snow

yes, I subscribe to this viewpoint also. It seems the hyperdictors are searching for something and it seems likely that something has been destroying human ships for a while now. One or both of them have an outpost/FOB in/near Merope, and I suspect one or both are the source of UAs (which makes me think the new decal might prejudice our relationship if we ever try to talk with them-might be why FD let us have the decal, Machiavellian Mr Brookes!). I don't think either of them are Guardian, but they might be offshoot of Guardian technology -AI or bioengineering.

time will tell, winter is coming, better get the armoured underwear out and tune up the escape mobile!
    Yeah there's a strong inorganic element to the guardians stuff which is completely contra the hyperdictors.

Plus - the guardians are gone; and the hyperdictors aren't. Need to see these ships that are doing the attacking. Guessing that at some point a hyperdiction might well turn ugly.

Still no clearer where MAs/UAs/UPs fit into this.

Just riffing now, but perhaps the MAs, being a defence against UA damage, are guardian-related. I mean: 'guardian' - a hint right?

Although that then doesn't really explain UA/UP and Merope/Pleiades obvious link, unless they're all guardian related and they're what we're going to need when it all kicks off.
    CMDR Lord Zoltan - Lapsed(!) Canonn Councillor over at http://canonn.science
    Read Ode to the Elite - A Poem
    I7-6700k - 32Gb GSkill DDR4 - Nvidia Titan Pascal - Oculus CV1 - Corsair AX1200i - Thermaltake Level 10 GT Snow

I think it was near the P and E obelisks here: https://ruins.canonn.technology/#GS25 at HIP 39768
    Well I went back and looked at both HIP 39768 ruins sites but didn't see what I was looking for. There are 3 or 4 different varieties of the black 'objects' that generally line up with a set of obelisks (the gray tick marks here https://ruins.canonn.technology/#GS25). They all look relatively similar but this one had a more pronounced 'hinge' look to it. Maybe it was my frame of mind at the time but I clearly recall spotting one and getting a much clearer sense that it should open up like a clam shell than the regular ones.

I'd suggest ignoring it, my original comment was geared more toward the idea of walking on a planet than any real suspicion that there was something to those blocks.

It started with the ambiguous.......JAFFA

I may be late to this party...but cntl+alt+space videos...some awwwwwesome work, full gamut of emotions, do check them out if you haven't already
    Here for the Tim tams and Hob nobs, will take Pot shots

Page 2134 of 2134 FirstFirst ... 212421302131213221332134