Page 829 of 1988 FirstFirst ... 819825826827828829830831832833839 ... LastLast
Results 12,421 to 12,435 of 29816

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Alien archeology and other mysteries: Thread 9 - The Canonn

The map on Front Page is wrong.
    This is the site before the 2.2. It changed now.

Originally Posted by stuarta View Post (Source)
    although I was halfway back to Brestla to get another SRV
    And this is why i brought 6 SRVs with me.
    Je suis Sidewinder (Credit for image goes to Moozipan)

Originally Posted by Aldaris View Post (Source)
    Anyone else wondering how a civilization with FTL communication and travel can die out, other than warfare with another species?
    One technology mentions biological weapons being useless against AI.

I have 3 possible theories based on what we've got:

1- Is that those who were not integrated into the system, were killed in the civil war by those who were, and the rest could have been killed all at once by their own AI.
    2- They transcended their biology and became completely cybernetic beings, and the whole civilization lives within the computer network.
    3- Their easily exploitable network *cough* Galnet *cough* was accessed by a certain alien race who likes to scan every ship they encounter. With this, they could find every possible settlement and do a blitzkrieg, a simultaneous attack that could destroy their entire civilization.

Edit:

The signs of violence in some obelisks could mean that 3 is the most likely scenario.

Also, I think their entire race may not have perished, the losers of the civil war, the ones that did not interfaced with the network, could have survived isolated from the rest of its civilization.

Originally Posted by falcon413 View Post (Source)
    It's possible the beacons have some sort of influence over the Obelisk sets. My game crashed again, so I'll see the status of the place when I get back. I'll focus on mapping the Obelisk sets for now and then worry about artifact combinations.

One thing's for sure now. There are at least 101 data points in total:

21 Historical
    21 Language
    20 Technology
    20 Cultural
    19 Biological

I'll also transcribe all of the data points I have at the moment so that we can put everything together in one place.
    Already done.
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gid=1154377647

I've just posted a bug report about the adjudication errors people are getting. Please add your experiences to this thread.

Originally Posted by Jmanis View Post (Source)
    I've just posted a bug report about the adjudication errors people are getting. Please add your experiences to this thread.
    Funny thing... i didnt get a single crash yet (Solo), "just" have to relog 436765864 times cause the Obilisks stay "shut down" after some scans

Originally Posted by programad View Post (Source)
    I think I know the Pattern.

We know for example that bio is urn and alpha Pattern and culture is totem and beta And so on. When you you scan the obelisks with the wrong combo, it tells you "oh, I have beta and gamma patterns", so this means you haver to scan that obelisk with totem and casket for it to work. And so on.

What you guys think?
    Few CMDRs are trying to solve the mistery, everyone is just greed for money.

Let's focus, guys!

Originally Posted by Agony_Aunt View Post (Source)
    And this is why i brought 6 SRVs with me.
    I did bring 4 this time but mobius appears to be empty

Maybe the wave signature tells us how to unlock an obelisk.

Think THIS as an example.

Most things as far as I could tell when I was following it earlier seem to just sound the same. I did try to follow a sound that reminds me of air escaping, but it just lead me way off out of the ruins and I never found anything.

Few CMDRs are trying to solve the mistery, everyone is just greed for money.

Let's focus, guys!
    They're one and the same.

Maybe the wave signature tells us how to unlock an obelisk.

Think THIS as an example.
    Guess its worth a try, will check it out!

Does anyone checked the symbols for diferences yet?

Originally Posted by StonedThoughts View Post (Source)
    Funny thing... i didnt get a single crash yet (Solo), "just" have to relog 436765864 times cause the Obilisks stay "shut down" after some scans
    This is the problem though. Just came out of a PG where plenty of "not normally active" obelisks were (sadly, didn't get any new scans before my next crash). Relogging in solo (whether intentional or a crash) resets the state of the obelisks, which is clearly somehow relevant to activating different obelisks.

Key for collection of Data...

Casket = History
    Orb = Technology
    Tablet = Language
    Urn = Biology
    Totem = Culture

Ensure you have the correct item when scanning, in order to find History data you must have Casket in cargo as a minimum.

Hope that makes sense

Nutter
    Forum Acronym guide------- Playing Elite Since Xmas 1984 - "Error rewind tape" ------- --------READ THIS >>> Why you have sound in space <<<------ Guide to Exploring>>> HERE---------- MY YOU TUBE CHANNEL

get shooted in open while around with my srv... What's the point? How sad are these griefers?

EDIT: also in mobius! no time to make a screenshoot...

Thought this will prove useful to someone http://i.imgur.com/OEkrBnf.jpg. Been using this for a while to find my way around the ruins.

Page 829 of 1988 FirstFirst ... 819825826827828829830831832833839 ... LastLast