Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: PLEASE READ: Module storage and unique modules!

1. Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. #1

PLEASE READ: Module storage and unique modules!

Hi everyone,

We've come across an issue with the module storage that can affect CMDRs when unique modules are stacked onto a ship. Firstly, PLEASE DO NOT do this as the outcome is a Commander Data error. This will mean you'll be unable to load the Commander!

If you move a unique module from your storage (Shield Gen, D.Scanners, and others that you can only fit one of) into a ship that already has another module of that type in a different class slot, this is when the issue will occur. For example, moving a Class 7 Shield Generator from storage when the ship already has a Class 5.

If this is something that you've experienced and you're unable to access the game because of it, please contact our Support team with as much detail as you can provide so that they can resolve the issue for you. The dev team are working on a fix and we'll resolve this issue ASAP.

Interesting. Surely Support will compensate us. This did not happen even in Beta 7 as it did not allow more than 1 Unique Item to be added.
    2 Intel Xeon Quads 3GHz, 16GB RAM, USB 2.0
    EVGA GTX 1080 SC2, Oculus CV1 + BETA INSTALL 1.7 (no cpu check)

3. Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. #3
    Indeed, what our Support team can do is remove the offending module and refund its value. This, however, means that the module - Engineers upgrade and all - is removed.

We ask that everyone tries to be careful when transferring modules from storage to the ship to avoid this being a problem.

Can this be avoided by selling or storing the old module before equipping the module from storage until this bug is fixed?

Just for clarity. This only affects Optional modules that you can only fit one of. Not core modules, hardpoints and utilities?

looks like the answer is to ensure that the 'original' unique module needs to be a direct swap, ie if i have a class modified shield, and i want to put a class 7 from storage on, i need to ensure the class 5 shield is in the slot i want the class 7 to go into.

Yikes, thanks for the heads up on this.

Is a fuel scoop a unique module? I don't remember ever attempting or failing to place one while another is already placed.
    Explorer/Tourist
    Distant Worlds 3302 #1152 | Distant Stars:UO 3303 #201
    Exploration Rank: Elite (without passengers) | 2-time Sag A* Visitor | 65K Club (Beagle Point)
    One of the earliest Colonia visitors | Visited every system in M67

We can not possibly add more than 1 fuel scoop so yes it is Unique so may have this issue.
    I did test trying to have 2 Scoops in Beta 7 and it did not allow it but also did not crash your CMDR file.
    2 Intel Xeon Quads 3GHz, 16GB RAM, USB 2.0
    EVGA GTX 1080 SC2, Oculus CV1 + BETA INSTALL 1.7 (no cpu check)

Originally Posted by Dale Emasiri View Post (Source)
    Hi everyone,

We've come across an issue with the module storage that can affect CMDRs when unique modules are stacked onto a ship. Firstly, PLEASE DO NOT do this as the outcome is a Commander Data error. This will mean you'll be unable to load the Commander!

If you move a unique module from your storage (Shield Gen, D.Scanners, and others that you can only fit one of) into a ship that already has another module of that type in a different class slot, this is when the issue will occur. For example, moving a Class 7 Shield Generator from storage when the ship already has a Class 5.

If this is something that you've experienced and you're unable to access the game because of it, please contact our Support team with as much detail as you can provide so that they can resolve the issue for you. The dev team are working on a fix and we'll resolve this issue ASAP.

Couldn't resist. Sorry.

Originally Posted by X-Terminator View Post (Source)
    Interesting. Surely Support will compensate us. This did not happen even in Beta 7 as it did not allow more than 1 Unique Item to be added.
    This didn't appeared in Beta because module storage wasn't available there :/

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

Originally Posted by Greyza Badger View Post (Source)
    I can't rep you again xD

Of course the one thing from the update I'm excited about gets bugged.

"Of course the one thing from the update I'm excited about gets bugged," comment is commented. My update bingo card is off to a great start! It'll get fixed GroundxZero, try flying some passengers while you wait.
    Boost happens

So can I move a power plant from my python to my Ana with no problem ?
    Gun loving, Anime watching,Video game playing American. Gamertag , amercenary4life.

Originally Posted by X-Terminator View Post (Source)
    We can not possibly add more than 1 fuel scoop so yes it is Unique so may have this issue.
    I did test trying to have 2 Scoops in Beta 7 and it did not allow it but also did not crash your CMDR file.
    Thank you
    I haven't attempted to fit a second scoop on my ship so I should be okay as long as I don't do that. Hopefully this will be fixed very soon.
    Explorer/Tourist
    Distant Worlds 3302 #1152 | Distant Stars:UO 3303 #201
    Exploration Rank: Elite (without passengers) | 2-time Sag A* Visitor | 65K Club (Beagle Point)
    One of the earliest Colonia visitors | Visited every system in M67

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast