Page 81 of 81 FirstFirst ... 76798081
Results 1,201 to 1,210 of 1210

Thread: Fighter Club, the fighting club for every skill level

Live stream notes:

UI:
    Hurrah!
    Dark side of planets are dark and there is a new night vision mode

When you loose your canopy you lose the light filter. Stars will be VERY bright.

The way you request docking has changed, so if you have this on a macro you will need to edit it.

Exploration:
    Any explored system will be shown in your system map without you needing to scan it. All bodies will still be labelled as unexplored until you scan them though.

Unexplored system. Honk will only show the star. You will still get the same amount of credits as you would have done for all bodies in system, you just won't see them in map or nav panel.

Probe ammo is infinite. No need to synth. More probes you use over the min needed, the fewer creds you get for mapping a planet.

Credits for the honk. Credits for the scan. Credits for mapping bodies. Bonus creds for first discovered. Bonus creds for first mapped. New bonus for 100% of system bodies scanned and bonus for 100% of bodies in system mapped.

ORRERY IS IN

ALL OF THIS SUPPORTED IN VR

Wings and multicrew will share discoveries.

Codex:
    Commander stats moved from the right hand panel to the codex.
    Session log: A log of where you go and what you do.
    Archive: All messages from beacons, audio from generation ships etc will be stored here and can be revisited anytime.
    Discoveries: Things may be hinted at as rumoured. Once someone has discovered something it will be listed under reported. Once you have been there it will be listed in discovered. (including your first discovered).
    Knowledge base: Encyclopedia type thing. You can get it read to you

They said that the new equipment will be onboard the explorers' ships who are weeks out in the black, so I'm assuming that it doesn't take up any slots.

Night vision mode looks brilliant. I'm hoping it'll be available in ring systems as well. No more headplanting asteroids... well, less likely anyway.

I will be participating in this beta. I want to see the difference pepping up the graphics make in VR.

The only thing I'm concerned about is the cracked cockpit comment. They have now said that dynamically tinted cockpit glass is part of the lore. They said you will lose that when your cockpit shatters. That might mean we may have to avoid hunting Thargoids that are a bit too close to a sun. I don't want to blind my pilot.

Originally Posted by Frank View Post (Source)
    They said that the new equipment will be onboard the explorers' ships who are weeks out in the black, so I'm assuming that it doesn't take up any slots.

Night vision mode looks brilliant. I'm hoping it'll be available in ring systems as well. No more headplanting asteroids... well, less likely anyway.

I will be participating in this beta. I want to see the difference pepping up the graphics make in VR.

The only thing I'm concerned about is the cracked cockpit comment. They have now said that dynamically tinted cockpit glass is part of the lore. They said you will lose that when your cockpit shatters. That might mean we may have to avoid hunting Thargoids that are a bit too close to a sun. I don't want to blind my pilot.
    New scanner will combine discovery scanner and surface scanner. It will go in the slot currently used by your discovery scanner, freeing up the surface scanner position.

My blind pilot

What,like this one?I'm envious of you getting to try it out first,but i'm looking forward to when i get the chance.it looks fun,and the orrerary is a nice reward for patience.Fingers crossed for the mining.

Originally Posted by phong View Post (Source)
    What,like this one?I'm envious of you getting to try it out first,but i'm looking forward to when i get the chance.it looks fun,and the orrerary is a nice reward for patience.Fingers crossed for the mining.
    You are on PC are you not? This is an open beta. All PC players can try it out.

Originally Posted by phong View Post (Source)
    I won't be spending too much time in the beta; more just checking out that it all works okay with my own gaming rig. That's the big advantage with consoles. There aren't millions of combinations of computers to check up on.

My own feeling is that mining is already pretty good. A few of those exploration features are going to make mining better. I particularly like the idea of listening to the Codex while blasting away at my rocks.

Taking a mining ship out into the black yonder might now be a tempting consideration.

Originally Posted by Frank View Post (Source)

Unless it's changed the idea is that the new versions of the Discovery Scanner and the Surface Scanner will replace any existing versions you have of them in your ships or storage, there was some talk of cash refunds and in the case of DSS any engineering would be morphed to the new equivalent.

I'm looking forward to it. I'm a big fan of the SRV scanner and I'm glad to see they've went down a similar path for this.

Madoll,

This is the bit of Father Ted I was talking about

Page 81 of 81 FirstFirst ... 76798081