Page 40 of 52 FirstFirst ... 3036373839404142434450 ... LastLast

Thread: Fighter Club, the fighting club for every skill level

Still no connection. I'm giving up for tonight. See you next week.

Ya.Me too.All i was getting at the end was a frozen helm and audio.couldn't even get over to discord to say goodnight.i did manage to get edward in my sights for about 2 secs and a glimpse of azzies wing beacon from about 3.6 ls.one thing i didn't get was a message in the recent contacts box saying i killed cmdr frank.perhaps next time<grin>That thing is big,isn't it?Despite the instancing and communications issues,it was fun,and i look forward to trying to hook up again next week.

The Man Who Fell to Earth

The connection issues were annoying, but I did like it when Ed yelled out a sighting of Theo before you disappeared again. It was like the sighting of some sort of mythical monster.

The night was a lot of fun. The follow-my-leader race was a good way to deal with the complexity of the structure, but I think Dayrth was right about trying it without the shooting.

The foxhunt was also a good game, but guys... please give the fox a headstart next time <grin>

That structure was brilliant. I propose we meet up there again next week, unless anyone has any objections.

Ending the night a little earlier did allow me and Themadoll time to have a go at something

Originally Posted by Frank View Post (Source)
    The connection issues were annoying, but I did like it when Ed yelled out a sighting of Theo before you disappeared again. It was like the sighting of some sort of mythical monster.

The night was a lot of fun. The follow-my-leader race was a good way to deal with the complexity of the structure, but I think Dayrth was right about trying it without the shooting.

The foxhunt was also a good game, but guys... please give the fox a headstart next time <grin>

That structure was brilliant. I propose we meet up there again next week, unless anyone has any objections.
    Too right!

:¬)

o7

Originally Posted by Frank View Post (Source)
    Ending the night a little earlier did allow me and Themadoll time to have a go at something
    I think we need to do it again Frank but with more substance next time. I propose a larger moon, or even a planet so that gravity will give you more weight.

o7

It's alright... he landed on his head

Originally Posted by Themadoll View Post (Source)
    I think we need to do it again Frank but with more substance next time. I propose a larger moon, or even a planet so that gravity will give you more weight.

o7
    I guess it was a bit of an anticlimax that I didn't need to do any furious rocketing to get me down to the surface.

The next time we do it don't bother taking me all the way into orbit. I'm more interested in seeing if I can survive the fall anyway.

Finally negotiated a slot back at Chomsky .Now back at Diso. Duffer.
    Back to the Sidewinder.Another long trip in the offing..
    One day i might figure out the picture posting,got a lovely shot of pad 6.Looks like a valet parking slot.

Just got a message 'changed ip address mid session'.Is this normal?

Originally Posted by phong View Post (Source)
    Just got a message 'changed ip address mid session'.Is this normal?
    You may want to look at this thread..
    https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...d-session-quot

I had a look and wish I hadn't <grin>

I'm taking the silence on this thread as being no objections. I can't see why anybody would seeing as it was so much fun last week.

So we'll all meet up on Wednesday at San Tu's station, Chomsky Terminal at 7pm BST (18:00 GMT)
    Everyone is welcome to join us

I wont be able to be there this week.Have fun.
    Finally managed to negotiate a docking slot at chomsky,and this time landed safely.
    So,if you're still there next week,i hope to join you.

It's a shame there were so few of us last night. Just me, Dayrth and Themadoll. But the foxhunt game was very enjoyable. If there were a few more of us Dayrth wouldn't of had such an easy time evading us. It would also increase the amount of nudging and backbiting of the following pack. Losing to Themadoll, after all the work I did, brought a massive smile to my face.

Dayrth, if you want to go ahead and advertise the Fighter Club on the "Featured Commanders Application" that's fine by me. I think I kind of realised that the fact we don't have many members isn't really a good argument against advertising for new members.

Also I think San Tu is brilliant and we should just go and make this the new home for Fighter Club.

I've got some bits of film and pics of us doing stuff. I'll try and edit something decent together and pass over to FD. (Anybody any good at film editing who would like to volunteer?).

I'll move my stuff to San Tu

Things are not looking good for tomorrow.Wasted a heck of a lot of time trying to get the update installed to find they removed the 32 bit option,which is the only way i can get the game to run.15 gigs onna ps,soooo slow and still 48 minutes left.I just wanna fly!gimme some flight ,man!flight flight flight flight.whoooee.Things didn't used to be this complicated,surely.I mean to say,loading a spectrum was no picnic,but it was a breeze compared to this,and the floppy disc was a major step forward which frontier took full advantage of.The boot time to ingame (including warming up the host)was around 3 mins or so,iirc,and away you go.O/$ and network bloat has significantly increased this,the advantages of connectivity being offset to the detriment of playability.Ok,rant over.Update pakage installed.

Originally Posted by phong View Post (Source)
    Things are not looking good for tomorrow.Wasted a heck of a lot of time trying to get the update installed to find they removed the 32 bit option,which is the only way i can get the game to run.15 gigs onna ps,soooo slow and still 48 minutes left.I just wanna fly!gimme some flight ,man!flight flight flight flight.whoooee.Things didn't used to be this complicated,surely.I mean to say,loading a spectrum was no picnic,but it was a breeze compared to this,and the floppy disc was a major step forward which frontier took full advantage of.The boot time to ingame (including warming up the host)was around 3 mins or so,iirc,and away you go.O/$ and network bloat has significantly increased this,the advantages of connectivity being offset to the detriment of playability.Ok,rant over.Update pakage installed.
    I was expecting people to still be wrestling with the update (and the bugs it's bound to introduce). There were supposed to be some network optimisations with this update iirc. Hopefully that will mean you have a better experience once everything has settled down a bit.

It used to be that the upgrade was followed the next day by the patch.

If everything goes well I'll be over at San Tu's station, Chomsky Terminal at 7pm BST for fighter club.

If nothing goes right then I'll post that fact here on this forum thread.

Page 40 of 52 FirstFirst ... 3036373839404142434450 ... LastLast