Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: The Guardians Update: 2.2.01

Interesting to note that in the last five minutes:

- attacked by pirate NPC demanding cargo when no cargo and not doing mission
    - two NPC clippers blown up in space station for trying to do the lambda or whatever when trying to take off and getting stuck, to much tragicomic effect
    - my autopilot has turned kamikaze and now wants me to headbutt just below the mailslot (multiple occasions since update)

These bugs are nothing new, yet continue to be bugs. Like many of the old bugs. Just saying.

Originally Posted by Cmdr Eagleboy View Post (Source)
    Don't transport them in space coach? Cobra can have passenger cabins too, you know. Devs didn't say it's a bug. In fact they are looking after more evidence. It is not a bug. You got nailed for transporting wanted passenger. Next time don't do that.
    *Potentially wanted.

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

Originally Posted by Ozric View Post (Source)
    Purely out of interest. If you were carrying illegal cargo would you let yourself be scanned while entering the station in which the cargo is illegal?

When the QA team say that they acknowledge something as a bug it doesn't actually mean anything as they have said such things in the past when it's clearly part of the game design, though in this case they haven't actually acknowledged it in any of the links you've provided.
    Purely out of interest, if you were carrying *potentially* illegal cargo and you *did* get scanned, would you expect to instantly die without warning?

Reduced the module and ship transfer costs by half! why!? I thought they were in a good place... not complaining just curious, did you guys not think they were suitable? I think big ships should pay through the roof to be moved... coming from an owner of a big ship with far to many creds

Originally Posted by Roboguy99 View Post (Source)
    *Potentially wanted.

Purely out of interest, if you were carrying *potentially* illegal cargo and you *did* get scanned, would you expect to instantly die without warning?
    Stop soundling like its someone elses fault that you did not read the description page for the mission you accepted.
    The whole "might be wanted" comes only from the fact that you did not pay attention enough.

Originally Posted by CMDR Ash View Post (Source)
    Reduced the module and ship transfer costs by half! why!? I thought they were in a good place... not complaining just curious, did you guys not think they were suitable? I think big ships should pay through the roof to be moved... coming from an owner of a big ship with far to many creds
    Some people live by their creditbalance in Elite Dangerous. "Viable" is very important in internet gaming these days.

Originally Posted by mortenfischer View Post (Source)
    Stop soundling like its someone elses fault that you did not read the description page for the mission you accepted.
    The whole "might be wanted" comes only from the fact that you did not pay attention enough.
    My issue is that the punishment is very clearly OTT.

Also as it has been pointed out, tourists are sometimes marked as wanted when they are not supposed to be.

No I would not. Now it's tricky because when you provided the log to say it happened within 1 second, that wasn't actually your log was it? However if we extrapolate that your encounter was the same, then you can clearly see in the log that they were denied docking for being hostile and that lethal response has been authorised.

Granted they're trigger happy, but they've always been that way.

- my autopilot has turned kamikaze and now wants me to headbutt just below the mailslot
    From personal experience I can 100% tell you this is NOT a kamikaze maneuver. Happened to me twice. The second time, I actually let the Autopilot continue, and it was making room for the type-9 coming in above me. As soon as the Type-9 hit the mail slot, the ship reoriented and docked.

I'm not saying I LIKE it, it's similar to "waiting in queue", but it has a logical purpose apparently.

Will we be seeing more missions on the boards and better payouts (more in line with 2.1) or is that not in this patch?

Also as it has been pointed out, tourists are sometimes marked as wanted when they are not supposed to be.
    So what kind of solution are you offering then? Really?

Because if killing the guy for being wanted (as all wanted are punished) is wrong then... what?
    - A massive fine? (most likely no since then missions of that type would become "not viable"
    - A small fine (then its just stupid and a nuisance)
    - ?

You are a victim of your own lack of attention.

And finally - its just a game. You are not loosing anything in reality. The time spent in game is not more worth to the world - disregarding the amount of monopoly money you have in a computer game.

Maybe I sounded too harsh.

I personally would like to see more detailed gameplay around wanted players. You could turn them in (and collect bounty), or if they get scanned, they bail, and you get fine, but not get blown up. So yea, while it is NOT a bug, blowing up ship for wanted passenger feels too much. However again, more detailed approach would add some fun. For example some wanted passengers might have shoot on sight orders released about them. Some might just indicate something else.

Anyway, as far as it is, if passenger says he/she migh wanted, assume he/she is. If you want that contract, pick Cobra and try silent docking. If not, avoid them.

Originally Posted by Seneleron View Post (Source)
    From personal experience I can 100% tell you this is NOT a kamikaze maneuver. Happened to me twice. The second time, I actually let the Autopilot continue, and it was making room for the type-9 coming in above me. As soon as the Type-9 hit the mail slot, the ship reoriented and docked.

I'm not saying I LIKE it, it's similar to "waiting in queue", but it has a logical purpose apparently.
    It was kamikaze. There were no others ships around. In the context you mention you could justify it happening. In the context I have seen it happen, it's just dodgy and suicidal. Some times it adds to the fun, but really this is technology in 3302, seeing your spaceship rut against the spacestation like a horny moose is just...ridiculous.

Originally Posted by Spacebaboy View Post (Source)
    Interesting to note that in the last five minutes:

- attacked by pirate NPC demanding cargo when no cargo and not doing mission
    - two NPC clippers blown up in space station for trying to do the lambda or whatever when trying to take off and getting stuck, to much tragicomic effect
    - my autopilot has turned kamikaze and now wants me to headbutt just below the mailslot (multiple occasions since update)

These bugs are nothing new, yet continue to be bugs. Like many of the old bugs. Just saying.

My DC boosted my Python into the wall just below the slot yesterday pre 2.2.01, interesting I thought to myself as I reversed out of the mire.

My issue is that the punishment is very clearly OTT
    As are some of the fanatical responses in this thread.

It's a new patch commanders, there's going to be issues (coding & user), so cut this pilot some slack

Originally Posted by Ozric View Post (Source)
    No I would not. Now it's tricky because when you provided the log to say it happened within 1 second, that wasn't actually your log was it? However if we extrapolate that your encounter was the same, then you can clearly see in the log that they were denied docking for being hostile and that lethal response has been authorised.
    Not quite.

Police scan says "be on your way" and then immediately the station goes hostile and kills him in 1 second.

That to me suggests that the police scan was a warrant scan (legal status) not a cargo scan. If so, how did the station know he was carrying illegal cargo ? If the station changed it's mind as a result of said scan then the police should have said no.

Either way, to me, it reads as a bug .. even if it's not it's terrible game play - 1 second from thinking you're OK to destroyed .. such fun !

Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast