Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Newsletter #148

Nice.

But: how come Michael Brookes is spelled wrong in the newsletter?

Friendliest Meteor Police that side of Riedquat ... and keep it under Lightspeed!
    My Elite: Dangerous videos , Logitech Extreme 3D Pro bindings , Explorer visual reference

Indeed, the new format of the newsletter is very pleasant. Clear, clean, structured. +1 Frontier

Thanks for the newsletter. The new format is nice

I loved the personalization! Having the message address me by my @firstname really makes me feel like more then just a number

Okay ... aside from the fact that the @firstname variable obviously didn't work as intended I really like the new layout.

Originally Posted by Jaiotu View Post (Source)
    I loved the personalization! Having the message address me by my @firstname really makes me feel like more then just a number

Okay ... aside from the fact that the @firstname variable obviously didn't work as intended
    The essential was the intention

Yes the new format looks good, but the delivery system is still consistently bad. I don't get the newsletter on Friday, I now get it in the small hours of Saturday morning.
    Horizons for macOS Sierra. Possible or not?

I like it, especially the top screenshot
    Jokes aside I prefer the new layout, easier to find the stuff that interest me.

Originally Posted by zimms View Post (Source)
    [Vader]Noooooo...[/Vader]

The new layout looks good!
    nooooooooooooooo.com

All I wanna know is how Cmdr Xdeath matched the stars in the trailer to find the exact place of the Alien ruins. I always thought those stars were just part of some kind of background texture.

Originally Posted by Xzandhor V'Tar View Post (Source)
    All I wanna know is how Cmdr Xdeath matched the stars in the trailer to find the exact place of the Alien ruins. I always thought those stars were just part of some kind of background texture.
    Yeah, it's easy to think so since that's how most games work. But no, it's an accurate plotting of the surrounding systems and the galactic background. I assume it takes some shortcuts (limits the number of visible stars for performance/clarity? Displays the primary star/colour in a system but not any large secondary stars)

Originally Posted by Xzandhor V'Tar View Post (Source)
    Background texture which is generated by your position in galaxy, ergo, for gameplay purposes it is actual sky you would see in that system.
    Peteris Krisjanis
    Call sign: Eagleboy | Will play: All Online | Federation | Trader and Explorer, with a little of everything else
    Please support call for ED Linux port https://www.change.org/p/frontier-de...-linux-desktop

Originally Posted by Cmdr Eagleboy View Post (Source)
    Background texture which is generated by your position in galaxy, ergo, for gameplay purposes it is actual sky you would see in that system.
    I always found this aspect very impressive

link pls

Neues deutsches Forum: www.elite-commanders.de
    Mark Allen: "While it's true that the PvP crowd do tend to be more vocal and in previous betas have given more organised feedback, we're well aware that the majority of players don't get involved in PvP." (22nd of Nov, 2016)

Originally Posted by iFred View Post (Source)
    link pls
    Not sure we can share the newsletter links we can get in our email inbox anymore can we? Don't they contain links to personal information (such as unsubscribe)? I dare say a newsletter #149 post will appear soon.

Don't worry - you're not missing much if you follow the forums.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast