Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Newsletter #148

Originally Posted by Alec Turner View Post (Source)
    Not sure we can share the newsletter links we can get in our email inbox anymore can we? Don't they contain links to personal information (such as unsubscribe)? I dare say a newsletter #149 post will appear soon.

Don't worry - you're not missing much if you follow the forums.
    Yes they do and as I found out 3 weeks ago people like to click them... You know who you are...

Anyway yeah for some reason after re-subscribing I now only get mine Saturday sometime so usually the thread here is up faster
    Elite | Entrepreneur | Elite | Mostly Helpless
    Duke - Friendly | Rear Admiral - Friendly | Alliance - Friendly
    Current Assets: ~3,000Mil Cr | All ships owned | All Engineers grade 5 unlocked
    Saitex X-52 Pro| 3.4GHz i5 CPU | 16Gb Corsair DDR3 RAM | Asus Z87-D MB | GTX 1080 GPU | Oculus Rift | 1.25TB Samsung SSDs | 8TB HDDs
    Q&A Developer Livestream Questions gathering Thread: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...-A-Livestreams

Originally Posted by Alex Brentnall View Post (Source)
    Anyway yeah for some reason after re-subscribing I now only get mine Saturday sometime so usually the thread here is up faster
    Yep, delivery is slower than it used to be.
    'Once OS X has been updated to support OpenGL compute shaders, or other technical options are available to us, we will certainly be very keen on supporting that platform.'

I have subscribed,then unsubscribed then subscribed,tried loadsa times and still don't get the newsletter email...btw it's late today innit ?

Originally Posted by amigacooke View Post (Source)
    Yep, delivery is slower than it used to be.
    Yes now I also receive on Saturday

Newsletter #149 arrived 9:01am Saturday morning, might as well send it by post.
    'Once OS X has been updated to support OpenGL compute shaders, or other technical options are available to us, we will certainly be very keen on supporting that platform.'

Originally Posted by Patrick_68000 View Post (Source)
    Yes now I also receive on Saturday

Me too. And the weird thing is that sometimes I get it twice.

I am somewhat sad about the newsletters we get these days.
    I started only glancing over them and almost never read them anymore.

Very little in them is real news concerning the game's development.
    I would love to see some cool articles again like the one about hit boxes, or a bit of new art work, or even some older concept art.
    Or info about planned tweaks and changes.
    That is the stuff I am really interested in.

Or what about an in depth article about the difficulties FD encounters developing such a huge game.
    Would be good PR.
    Many cmdrs are very whiny because they don't seem to get what's involved in developing this project.

Please do not send me friendship requests. I wouldn't know what to do with them. I never accept them.

I'd like to see some "Behind the Curtain" interviews and similar things, doesnt have to be Spoilers, but more like the little tidbits on whose working at what job, how they go about it and other similar topics like what happened during the Pre-release newsletters

Originally Posted by Raith View Post (Source)
    I'd like to see some "Behind the Curtain" interviews and similar things, doesnt have to be Spoilers, but more like the little tidbits on whose working at what job, how they go about it and other similar topics like what happened during the Pre-release newsletters
    If you are interested they did about 15 or so Meet the Team episodes, example below.
    https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...Game-Designer)

Best way to find them is to google "Frontier Meet the Team".
    Elite | Entrepreneur | Elite | Mostly Helpless
    Duke - Friendly | Rear Admiral - Friendly | Alliance - Friendly
    Current Assets: ~3,000Mil Cr | All ships owned | All Engineers grade 5 unlocked
    Saitex X-52 Pro| 3.4GHz i5 CPU | 16Gb Corsair DDR3 RAM | Asus Z87-D MB | GTX 1080 GPU | Oculus Rift | 1.25TB Samsung SSDs | 8TB HDDs
    Q&A Developer Livestream Questions gathering Thread: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...-A-Livestreams

I used to be able to set my watch by the old newsletter, it would always arrive at about 1830 (UTC+2) on a Friday night just when I was out for Friday night dinner with the family and we were trying to order. My reading the newsletter instead has caused us a fair bit of annoyance. Recently it's either on a Friday night or a Saturday morning.

Originally Posted by Iskariot View Post (Source)
    Me too. And the weird thing is that sometimes I get it twice.

I am somewhat sad about the newsletters we get these days.
    I started only glancing over them and almost never read them anymore.

Very little in them is real news concerning the game's development.
    I would love to see some cool articles again like the one about hit boxes, or a bit of new art work, or even some older concept art.
    Or info about planned tweaks and changes.
    That is the stuff I am really interested in.
    The same situation for me

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123