Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Salomé and the Children of Raxxla

Over 1 millions scans for Salomé !

An amazing show of solidarity from the exploration community! CoR are overwhelmed by the support that has been shown to help vindicate Salomé and unravel some of the mysteries of the Formidine Rift, Conflux, and Hawking's Gap.

Happy to see the response to the data appeal. Here's hoping that it yields answers.

The search for the truth reveals a new worrying development.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pv0AKXxkXec

Here's a copy of an article that the CoR PR team has worked on and are trying to push through GalNet and systems within CoR control:

Title: Unintended Consequences

Recent events in HR 6421 have left the Children of Raxxla stunned. Their influence draining, their home system on the brink of civil war.

A representative of the organization had this to say:

"The situation in our home system has left us shocked, astounded, and confused to say the least. We believe agents were dispatched in order to steal the data we have collected during our competition with the Federation, these culprits must be stopped! I implore anyone who is willing to help, help us keep HR 6421 safe from our enemies, or the data we have gained may quite possibly fall into the wrong hands and have been for nothing."

When asked about what enemies he was referring to, he replied with this:

"It would seem pretty obvious that the Federation hired agents to undermine us after our victory against them, but as of right now we have no proof and thus we cannot say to be certain."

- Children of Raxxla Public Relations

Originally Posted by Balshatzar View Post (Source)
    Here's a copy of an article that the CoR PR team has worked on and are trying to push through GalNet and systems within CoR control:

Recent events in HR 6421 have left the Children of Raxxla stunned. Their influence draining, their home system on the brink of civil war.

"The situation in our home system has left us shocked, astounded, and confused to say the least. We believe agents were dispatched in order to steal the data we have collected during our competition with the Federation, these culprits must be stopped! I implore anyone who is willing to help, help us keep HR 6421 safe from our enemies, or the data we have gained may quite possibly fall into the wrong hands and have been for nothing."

"It would seem pretty obvious that the Federation hired agents to undermine us after our victory against them, but as of right now we have no proof and thus we cannot say to be certain."

Community Goals have a tendency to destabilize the host system. EDF got hit by something similar. Good luck turning things back around!

Originally Posted by Jaiotu View Post (Source)
    Community Goals have a tendency to destabilize the host system. EDF got hit by something similar. Good luck turning things back around!
    Thank you Cmdr, I'm sure we will

Originally Posted by Balshatzar View Post (Source)

League of HR 6421 Dominion are fools.
    They stake their lives but they are tricked.
    Their puppetmasters don't care for them.
    Their puppetmasters don't care for this territory.
    They only care for our Rift/Conflux/Gap Exploration Data.

Killing 52 of them wasn't fun.
    I didn't ask for this.

Timeline updated on OP:

December 3302

In the wake of the successful mission to retrieve scan data from the three aforementioned regions, the League of HR 6421 Dominion, backed by Federal agents, initiate a state of civil war in the CoR home system. CoR pilots rally to defend their HQ starport and over the course of 7 days of intense fighting drive out the infiltrators. The Dominion are ousted from the Julian Legacy planetary port, and CoR administration swiftly step in to oversee the welfare of the civilian population.

CoR issue a statement condemning the actions of the Federal backed Dominion, and reiterate that the attempt to destroy or steal the 1.3 million packets of exploration data retrieved from the depths, remains safe and sound in CoR hands. Naturally the GalNet media once again fail to report details of the events, adding to the growing suspicion within the Core World community that the mainstream media can no longer be seen as impartial and are now firmly in the pockets of the major power blocs.

Posting this on behalf of Erimus.

Update for the timeline. In response to Galactic News: Federal Exploration Programme in Disarray

26 December 3302

In response to the accusations made by the Federation, Empire and GalNet itself for not revealing the findings from the exploration data gained through their latest appeal, the Children of Raxxla have made a short statement.

“The Children of Raxxla will publish the results in due time.” A spokesperson of the group said. “We humbly ask for your patience till we have fully completed the analysis. We hope to solve the mystery of these sectors and proof Commander Salomé’s innocence with this, who is still missing herself. What we can reveal at this time is that except for the beacons, the data shows signs of other artificially created objects in these sectors. We are currently trying to determine their location.”

When questioned with the protection of the data the spokesperson answered: “Despite attempts by unknown forces to destabilise HR 6421, the data is as secure as it will ever be.”

Children of Raxxla statement on contact with an alien race

For over a year, humanity has heard of mysterious probes in deep space, crashed vessels of unknown origin, and the ruins of an ancient civilization buried in the sands of a distant world. Throughout the strife of 3302, when tensions again flared between the Federation and the Empire and the baser aspects of human nature drove the greedy and the power-hungry to seize the Pleiades, we have waited with bated breath as reports have filtered home of these and other enigmatic occurrences. Many of us have looked to 3303 with hope that a new spirit might guide us as we once more stretch forth our hand to the horizons of possibility.

Yet, in the darkness, a new voice has spoken and shaken us from the comfortable familiarity of our struggles and searches: You are not alone. The confirmation that we are not alone in this galaxy – that a living, thinking, and intelligent agency exists with us in this spiral of light – constitutes perhaps the most profound discovery in human history.

Fear is understandable. So too is doubt, the questioning of our deepest beliefs and religions. This new presence appears wholly alien, and far more advanced than us. We can no longer sail the stars confident in our capacity and in our mastery of what we discover.

Fellow human beings, we cannot allow this fear and doubt and vulnerability to guide our hand. After millennia of gazing at the stars and asking whether we are alone, we have finally discovered what may become the greatest gift we have ever been offered: a partner in our quest to understand and explore the galaxy we count as home, and a friend in the dark places beyond the light of our stars. The Children of Raxxla welcome the news of this discovery and urge every pilot to exercise restraint in the face of uncertainty. Lay aside the instruments of war and take up the olive branch of peace, condemn those who would usher an era of conflict and discord and raise up those who would make peaceful contract with these new entities. Never before in our shared history has our future depended to such an extent upon each of us.

Fly safe commanders, and now more than ever…remember…

Securing the Truth

The Formidine Rifters and The Children of Raxxla have started an operation to secure the discovered settlements in the Formidine Rift, the Conflux, and the Hawkins Gap areas.

In a joint press conference the organisations stated that these settlements are of historical importance and should not be claimed by a single organisation. The Formidine Rifters and The Children of Raxxla said they will secure the sites and regulate operations so that all factions will have a chance to perform research there.

“It’s thanks to the galactic community that we have discovered these settlements.” A spokeswoman for the organisations said. “The Children of Raxxla will keep their promise. They will protect the sites and keep them open to everyone. We ask the interested parties to cooperate with us on-site so we can uncover the history and purpose of these settlements together. We have the right to know our own history. Our true history.”

Formidine Rifters and Children of Raxxla Public Outreach

Conflux base secured!

Logs: http://imgur.com/a/Jwial

Fellow Children, I come bearing news from the Hawkin's Gap!

With help from public domain resources held by Cannon Research, we locked down the system and planet based upon the beacon transmissions. With a detailed survey of the planet surface, roughly at the coordinates, I alongside my comrade, Symyoulater, located this settlement.

Without a doubt exciting for us but also the community at large!

Coordinates and location as per my SRVs HUD.

http://i.imgur.com/4vicVIb.jpg

Settlement and data comms images.

http://imgur.com/6k9jBq4

http://imgur.com/j1oNLzL

http://imgur.com/mjQvZ7f

http://imgur.com/96xqNCN

http://imgur.com/uLPndOr

Fellow Children, I bring here the transcription of all the Expeditions Logs found so far:

FORMIDINE RIFT ALPHA MISSION

FORMIDINE RIFT ALPHA MISSION 1/6
    Expedition Log:21/08/3270
    "Why the hell are we out there ? No one seems to know. It's taken months and still we're not there, wherever "there" is. We're dropping these beacons. Supposedly nobody knows what they're for. If they do they ain't telling. Makes no sense, there's nothing out there ... And who would come all this way anyway?"

FORMIDINE RIFT ALPHA MISSION 2/6
    Expedition Log: 28/08/3270
    "We're still travelling. Jump drive malfunctioned today, that made an interesting diversion. It's going to take a while to fix. This area of space is g me out. Could have sworn I heard some weird voices in the last jump. We are a long way from home. We're struggling to plot a course now, we're leaving the galactic arm and the jumps are getting longer."

FORMIDINE RIFT ALPHA MISSION 3/6
    Expedition Log: 07/09/3270
    "Finally fixed the drive, more monotony. Can't believe it's nearly six months since we set out from Riedquat. Did I say Riedquat ? I meant Reorte. It's getting to me, this endless emptiness. The guys are showing the strain. Three more months before we can turn and head back. The stars are thinning out, you can see the whole galaxy just hanging there ..."

FORMIDINE RIFT ALPHA MISSION 4/6
    Expedition Log: 22/09/3270
    "The darkness grows. The galaxy is faint and dim behind us. I'm told this place has been nicknamed the Formidine Rift. Apparently that means fear in some old Earth language. It's an apt name, some of the guys are going space-crazy out here in the void. We had to sedate one guy, he went completely doolally. We've not seen another soul for weeks. Just us and this ship ... alone ... in the darkness ..."

FORMIDINE RIFT ALPHA MISSION 5/6
    Expedition Log: 07/10/3270
    "I'm scared ... help me someone ... I can't bear another jump. The lights in witchspace are coming for me, the lights ... always the lights ... they're calling to me ... a siren song ... I must join them ..."

FORMIDINE RIFT ALPHA MISSION 6/6
    Expedition Log: 08/10/3270
    "AUTOMATED TELEMETRY REPORT : CANOPY BLAST BOLTS ACTIVATED. LIFE SUPPORT MALFUNCTION. CREW VITAL SIGNS TERMINATED. SHIP SYSTEMS ENGAGING STANDBY MODE. DISTRESS BEACON ACTIVATED."

FORMIDINE RIFT BETA MISSION

Formidine Rift Beta Mission 1/6
    Expedition Log: 30/08/3270
    "Been travelling for weeks. Passed this amazing twin nebula just recently, about the only interesting sight on this whole trip. We are a long way out now. I don't think anyone else has been this far. Still, pay is good!"

Formidine Rift Beta Mission 2/6
    Expedition Log: 12/09/3270
    "Stars have thinned out and we've started dropping our cargo. Looks like some kind of long-range beacon to me. It's all hush-hush, no questions asked stuff. Heard some of the senior bods talking about a Dynasty project. Careless talk and all that..."

Formidine Rift Beta Mission 3/6
    Expedition Log: 18/09/3270
    "Nothing prepared me for the boredom. It's very dark out here. Really dark... darker than normal space. There's hardly any stars ahead of us, it's just blackness... the void."

Formidine Rift Beta Mission 4/6
    Expedition Log: 01/10/3270
    "Picked up some kind of signal yesterday and it looks like the crew weren't expecting it. Got them proper rattled. There's definitely something very strange about this area of space. Won't be sad to turn around and head home.

Formidine Rift Beta Mission 5/6
    Expedition Log: 11/11/3270
    "Last batch of cargo due today, but the hyperdrive has malfunctioned. We tried jumping and got yanked straight back out. So we're stuck here, Randomius know where..."

Formidine Rift Beta Mission 6/6
    Expedition Log: 29/11/3270
    "We can't fix it. Hyperdrive is dead. Lucky we're in a system with a habitable world. We've sent a distress call but who knows if anyone will here it. We're going to abandon ship. If anyone finds this, we're in..." AUTOMATED TELEMETRY REPORT: POWER FAILURE.

FORMIDINE RIFT DELTA MISSION

Formidine Rift Delta Mission 1/6
    "I should have paid a bit more attention to the mission description. I just saw the credit count and signed up there and then. More money than I've ever earned and all in one go, just for taking a year out. What's a poor girl got to do? A bit of jaunt into the void, how bad could it be? Didn't read the bit about several thousand light years. I've been past Leesti before! Get rich scheme - let's go!

Formidine Rift Delta Mission 2/6
    "It's pretty out there, we've seen a gorgeous double nebula called Heart and Soul. You should see it, lots of bright blue stars nearby, wish we could divert to have a closer look, but our mission is beyond apparently. Really brings back how big the galaxy is. Make you feel real small and insignificant.

Formidine Rift Delta Mission 3/6
    "My job is the EVA. Taking out one of out two Sidewinders and dropping beacons out in the void and then making sure they are activated. Not sure what these things are for. Who needs a beacon this far out anyway? Weird, they all have this code in their BIOS - 'Exodus'. Still, at least I now have something to do. The journey was so dull! Months of travel to get here.

Formidine Rift Delta Mission 4/6
    "Something weird happened today. Unloaded another beacon and set it up, then everything went offline - and I mean everything! Life support too! No comms, nothing. Stayed that way for about two minutes. Then everything was back to normal. Affected our support ship too. No idea what caused it. Going to need new underwear when I get back. Rumours are there is something odd about this area of space.

Formidine Rift Delta Mission 5/6
    "Oh my God ... someone help me. Where are they ... please ... this can't be happening.

Formidine Rift Delta Mission 6/6
    "I've had time to accept it now. I went out as normal with ne of the beacons, set it up. Had that weird power loss again. I waited and it all came back online like before. Signalled my support ship - no response. Flew back and it was gone, just debris. No survivors. Don't know what happened. It's just me and this crappy Sidewinder a zillion miles from home. Should have known it wasn't going to work out. If it's too good to be true.... There's an Earth-like world there, going to try and reach it ... you never know.

FORMIDINE RIFT GAMMA MISSION

FORMIDINE RIFT GAMMA MISSION 1/6
    Looks like I drew a short straw somewhere along the line. These long range missions pay well, but it's a year out in the void. A year ! We're out far beyond the frontier. The boys call this place the "Formidine Rift". Apparently that means "terror" in some old earth language. Nice. Just looks like more space to me.

FORMIDINE RIFT GAMMA MISSION 2/6
    Finally arrived in place after five months of hyperspace travel. Now we have two months of laying a bunch of beacons before another five months travel back home. At least I'll have enough credits to retire by then.

FORMIDINE RIFT GAMMA MISSION 3/6
    Supposedly there are a bunch of other ships out here doing the same job as us, but no comms allowed. All a bit strange. it's vast and lonely out here, pretty much the whole galaxy is behind us. It's getting to some of the crew.

FORMIDINE RIFT GAMMA MISSION 4/6
    We picked up some kind of bizarre signal yesterday. Whatever it was wasn't human. At least, that's the scuttlebutt going around the decks. Everyone is looking out of the canopies now. We're seeing some strange lights during hyperspace transits. Terror ? Yeah, we got some of that ...

FORMIDINE RIFT GAMMA MISSION 5/6
    More strange lights. We've got equipment malfunctions, scanners dropping in and out, systems restarting. Ship is limping on. Everyone wants to turn about, but if we don't complete the mission we don't get paid. No one wants to give up those credits either. You expect to turn around and see ...

FORMIDINE RIFT GAMMA MISSION 6/6
    We're done and we're heading home. We picked up some heat signature in the last system. Definitely something there and it wasn't any profile I had seen before. Something was watching us. There's something evil out here, and it doesn't like compagny !

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    HAWKINS GAP (ALPHA) MISSION [Drew confirmed this mission logs should have an ALPHA designation link]

Hawkins Gap (Alpha) Mission 1/4
    Expedition Log: 21/08/3270
    "Damn we've come a long way. I really should have looked at the galactic map before I signed up for this. Weeks of endless travel and hyperspace jumps just to get into the vicinity of the place, and that's before we get down to the work."

Hawkins Gap (Alpha) Mission 2/4
    Expedition Log: 29/08/3270
    "Cargo hold is rammed full of strange tech. Looks like a bunch of satellites to me, but it's all hush hush. Normal crew like me ain't allowed anywhere near them. Don't know what they're for, other than we have to drop them off in very specific locations. Weird, eh?"

Hawkins Gap (Alpha) Mission 3/4
    Expedition Log: 15/09/3270
    "Bored rigid now, can't wait to turn around and go home. I don't care how good the money is, nothing is worth this tedium. We haven't even started the return journey yet... Randomius Factoria - save me!"

Hawkins Gap (Alpha) Mission 4/4
    Expedition Log: 13/10/3270
    "Still, it could be worse! I could have pulled the Formidine Rift gig. Rumour is they're having to double up on ships for that one as the crews are going void-mad and ejecting themselves into space becuase they've seen ghosts. Word is there's something out there."

HAWKIN'S GAP BETA MISSION

Hawkins Gap Beta Mission 1/4
    "Strange mission this, though the pay is good. Nobody seems to know who's footing the bill, but Sirius Corp is favourite. Whatever this trip is, it's expensive. It's also hush hush. Even the captain doesn't know what we're carrying and he's not happy about it."

Hawkins Gap Beta Mission 2/4
    "Big bust up today. Apparently this ship is flying without shields and without guns! We had an escort for the first few hundred light years, but then they peeled off and we're on our own out here in the void! If we do come across anything nasty we're going to have to hope we can run..."

Hawkins Gap Beta Mission 3/4
    "Not a happy ship. Crew is grumbling. Captain hasn't been seen for weeks. Cargo is guarded by these very unfriendly types. Don't know what they're protecting, but it's enough to get a man killed over, that's for sure."

Hawkins Gap Beta Mission 4/4
    "Cargo dropped. Turned about and on our way back to civilisation. What it was, nobody knows and nobody is asking. It's a bit more relaxed now, whatever that cargo was it was something important. Can't see what use it would be this far out, but maybe someone knows something we don't..."

HAWKIN'S GAP DELTA MISSION

HAWKIN'S GAP DELTA MISSION 1/4
    "This is a bigger operation than I thought it was. A massive fleet of Anacondas all prepped for long endurance travel out to the edge of beyond. No ships have markings, no emblems, no political affiliation. Somebody with deep pockets must be paying for this, but who ?"

HAWKIN'S GAP DELTA MISSION 2/4
    "Judging by the way the fleet deployed I would say there were three main destinations, all a long way outside of the core worlds. We got our orders today, we're making for a zone called "Hawkin's Gap". It's a seriously long way, not even the explorers have been out this way before. Strange mission."

HAWKIN'S GAP DELTA MISSION 3/4
    "Our little armada split up today, so we're on our own now. Just us and the void. Still a lot of speculations as to what we're doing. Cargo hold is full, that I don't know. My guess is some kind of deep space survey, but I can't figure out why we'd need to be so far out ..."

HAWKIN'S GAP DELTA MISSION 4/4
    "Cargo is being deployed. A serie of artefacts of some kind. The handling bods aren't part of the ship's crew, so we don't know what they're doing. Captain has told us to turn a blind eye and wait for them to be done."

HAWKIN'S GAP GAMMA MISSION

Hawkin's Gap Gamma Mission 1/4
    "Beautiful part ofthe galaxy this, really dense clusters of stars, pretty much halfway to the core. Been one long trip though. We're out here dropping off a series of beacons. Randomius knows what for, but they're paying, so no questions asked!"

Hawkin's Gap Gamma Mission 2/4
    "Funny Thing is, I've asked a few of the other hands about this mission and no one seems to know who's behind it. We all picked up bulletin board adverts promising big credits for a long haul and kind of just ended up on board. Not sure it it's the Feds, the Imps or the Alliance. Still, credits are credits!"

Hawkin's Gap Gamma Mission 3/4
    "Arrived on site today. Bunch of guys had to go EVA to drop off the beacons. We're jumping around a bunch of systems here in the gap. One of the Beacons activated all on its own, started squawking some weird code before it got switched off. We were told we hadn't heard anything."

Hawkin's Gap Gamma Mission 4/4
    "I'm logging this, but I shouldn't be. Bunch of guys were talking about the beacons yesterday and then there was a mysterious accident in the airlock - they're all dead! Feeling aboard is mutinous. Just want to get back home. I ain't doing no top secret missions again, that's for sure."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    CONFLUX ALPHA MISSION

Conflux Alpha Mission 1/4
    Expedition Log: 21/08/3270
    "So we've hauled right out into unexplored territory. Heading corewards, doubt anyone has been this far before. Star density is rising fast, the galaxy looks pretty amazing from this vantage point".

Conflux Alpha Mission 2/4
    "We've been tasked with dropping off these beacons. New tech it would seem. Looks like long range comms stuff to me, but I'm no expert. Can't see why anyone would want a beacon this far out."

Conflux Alpha Mission 3/4
    Expedition Log: 17/09/3270
    "Reckon I have it figured. We're dropping these beacons around Earth-like worlds. Can't be a coincidence. I guess it's some kind of long term planning by someone. Not sure who's paying for this gig. Best not to ask too many questions. They're paying a proper wedge."

Conflux Alpha Mission 4/4
    Expedition Log: 14/10/3270
    "Well, we're done. Dropped off the last beacon today. It's going to be a long old trip back to the core worlds. We're thousands of light years out. Kind of wish we could keep going all the way to the core. Guess someone else will have that little bit of glory."

CONFLUX BETA MISSION (Numbering is discordant with chronological order, wich is 2-3-4-1)

Conflux Beta Mission 1/4
    "Witch-space once again. We're almost to our destination in the Conflux area now. That's odd... looks like... can't be!
    You can't be interdicted in witch-space... that's impossible! We're back in normal space. Systems off-line, no power, what in Randomius is that..."

Conflux Beta Mission 2/4
    "Signed on for this one as I had the exploration bug, but we're just jumping and jumping. We're not staying in systems to survey, just refuelling as fast as we can and then it's back into witch-space. We're spending more time there than in real space. Someone is in a hurry."

Conflux Beta Mission 3/4
    "Reminds me of what my father told me about witch-space. it's haunted. There's weird lights, shifting clouds, who knows what they are. Makes you wonder whether we should be out here at all. So much stuff we just don't understand."

Conflux Beta Mission 4/4
    "Witch-space is different out here, there's something odd, those lights we were seeing are less frequent now, but they seem to be hanging around, almost as if they're following us. Maybe I'm going nuts."

CONFLUX DELTA MISSION

Conflux Delta Mission 1/4
    "I'm just the engineer on this particular jaunt. I was advised to prep the ship for a seriously long haul into the void, so I'm loaded up with as many hyperdrive spares as I can cram in. When I asked why, the captain just responded with 'Don't ask'."

Conflux Delta Mission 2/4
    "It's putting a strain on the ship, that I can tell you. I've asked for some downtime so I can run some maintenance, but the captain says we have to hit a schedule. What can be quite so important a thousand light years from the nearest inhabited planet I can't say, but we're in a mighty rush."

Conflux Delta Mission 3/4
    "I warned 'em. We blew the hyperdrive initiator coil jumping in today. Caused a right mess down here. Lots of collateral damage. Scanners are offline and the main generator is running hot. Can't figure out why, looks like we're in empty space, but the heat is fierce!"

Conflux Delta Mission 4/4
    "We figured it out. Gravity. We've dropped out near a neutron star. Can't see it, but we can feel it. The ship is cooking around us. No way we can jump out before it gets us. We're being pulled in. Odds are even as to whether the heat, gravity or magnetism kills us first. We're jettisoning the logs, if anyone ever finds this... save yourselves! Beware the neutron star."

CONFLUX GAMMA MISSION

CONFLUX GAMMA MISSION 1/4
    I'm just the navigator onboard this ship. Never flown an Anaconda before, but it's quite a beast. This one is stripped right down, just cargo space and jump capability. Nothing else. We had an escort to the edge of inhabited space, but our destination is right out there...

CONFLUX GAMMA MISSION 2/4
    Thousands of light years ! Fortunately the ship has behaved itself. We've passed countless systems, but we're not stopping to survey anything. I've just been asked to plot on as fast as we can go. We're aiming for a zone known as the Conflux. It's sure a long way out. Can't help wondering why we're doing this.

CONFLUX GAMMA MISSION 3/4
    So we're here now. Took us five months to reach this part of the galaxy. A team of hired spacers are out there now, dropping of some kind of cargo. Looks like beacons from what I can see, but some guy in uniform came and switched off the scanner. Best not to ask too many questions. Might not be wise to be logging this to be honest...

CONFLUX GAMMA MISSION 4/4
    On our way back home again. Just dropped off whatever it was, turned about and started back. Five months out... probably five months back again. Managed a quick scan of the site when no one was looking. Definitely beacons. Why would anybody want a beacon right out here in the void is beyond me. Not my problem though !

A document has been declassified today from Children of Raxxla's internal databanks. Titled Underworld Theory: The Mythology Behind Salomé's Descent, it details many connections between ancient mythology and recent events surrounding Salomé's journey and the Formidine Rift. You can find this document here on Google Docs, as well as in its own discussion thread.

Originally Posted by Sajime Chent-Shi View Post (Source)
    A document has been declassified today from Children of Raxxla's internal databanks. Titled Underworld Theory: The Mythology Behind Salomé's Descent, it details many connections between ancient mythology and recent events surrounding Salomé's journey and the Formidine Rift. You can find this document here on Google Docs, as well as in its own discussion thread.
    Nice work CMDR Sajime! I've recently asked drew a question about his use of latin,you may find his answer quite interesting!
    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/117494615?t=02h38m56s

I transcribe it here for your convenience:
    Q: Does the use of latin in your hints (e.g., the name of the escort ships 'Diadem' and the Imperial Clippers 'Cypripedium', 'Velum', 'Monile' and 'Vestimenta') tell us that someone in-game really loves latin and is trying to leave subtle hints to something we have no clue what it is? Or is it more of a “deus ex machina” hint (i.e., it is coming from you)?

Here's the answer:
    A: I can probably reveal carefully that it is a bit of both. I have based elements of this story on myths and legends I enjoy, but in order to make that have consistency in the game, there are characters in the game which you have met and interacted with, through galnet etc, that know latin. Such characters are in the position to leave clues, if you like, for others in the game in order to make some things happen and in order to keep some people from understanding that if they don’t know that backstory. The likelihood of people knowing medieval latin in 3303 is pretty low, so in some way it’s a better way for people that want things to remain obscure but for an elite set of people that will be able to understand them. Communicating in an obscure language dead for almost 3.5 thousand years is one of the little techniques I use to sort of further the story in the game, as if it were actually happening. So, there’re character in game that are fluent in latin, if that makes sense. [...] In the empire and federation, there are people that are students of history and are watching events now and trying to learn the lesson from the past so you do need to dig into your imperial and federation lore a little bit to see how that may have come about but they have access to all records up to our time and before, and so they will use whatever they can to do whatever they need to do.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast