Page 4 of 54 First 234568 Last

Thread: Ship docks, CQC structures and other new in-game assets

Originally Posted by Alec Turner View Post (Source)
    Messing around at San Tu ...

https://youtu.be/GCyrNb1yzKw
    Can you imagine combat zones in these places. It would be amazing.

Added - thanks.

P.S. I assume "LARG" is a system name?
    Yes

Langley Dock - Ditae

Two imperial capital ships docked!

P.S. I assume "LARG" is a system name?

Added planetary installations ("mining towns") at COL 285 SECTOR UZ-O C6-9 and HIP 83237 from Cannon thread.

Appears to be an Imp. Cap ship dock at Royo Dock in the Lemovi system -- given a honey-do NOW list before I could look closer.

Originally Posted by K M Butler View Post (Source)
    Appears to be an Imp. Cap ship dock at Royo Dock in the Lemovi system -- given a honey-do NOW list before I could look closer.
    Thanks. Apologies for the delay but now added.

Thank you very much for this resource Alec, it is appreciated!

I hope eventually there's a better in-game way to find these.

Originally Posted by SushiCW View Post (Source)
    I hope eventually there's a better in-game way to find these.
    Yes and no. If there's enough of them then it's pretty cool to just stumble across one unexpectedly (a bit like those Coriolis stations with the big "arms", I was so amazed the first time I found one of those). The capital ship docks seem to be pretty abundant actually and probably fall into this category. The CQC structures and things like the LFT 926 military installation on the other hand, those seem so rare that the chance of finding one without some sort of in-game mission are currently too small I think (hence this thread really).

Yes and no. If there's enough of them then it's pretty cool to just stumble across one unexpectedly (a bit like those Coriolis stations with the big "arms", I was so amazed the first time I found one of those). The capital ship docks seem to be pretty abundant actually and probably fall into this category. The CQC structures and things like the LFT 926 military installation on the other hand, those seem so rare that the chance of finding one without some sort of in-game mission are currently too small I think (hence this thread really).
    Just add some missions that take place at these installations and we're good. Missions should be a way to help discover interesting and unique locations.

Just took my SLF out to the Ngalkin A 1 C CQC structure. Very cool and quite different to the one at San Tu. It includes at least one tunnel which leads into an inner chamber very reminscent of the one inside the 2nd Death Star ..

.. although a lot smaller I hasten to add. Having never played CQC this was pretty awesome to see. Alas no images as the morning server reboot threw me out.

Having never played CQC this was pretty awesome to see. Alas no images as the morning server reboot threw me out.
    Perhaps this convinces some people to give CQC a try. The structures or "maps" are awesome and even more fun to fly around in SLFs than normal ships.

CQC gets way to much negativity from people who never tried it. (for the record: I didn't want it when it was announced, but when I gave it a try, I was hooked! So much so that I think it's the most constantly entertaining mode in ED!)

Btw.: Thanks, Alec, for compiling this list!

Imperial capital ship dock (Two ships under repair) - Baal
    777Driver
    Thx for the list to all who contributed

To make it easier to find - Baal - Oterma Station -

Pirate base near planatery rings - Dain System - 777Driver
    Unauthorised Installation

That list is great, thanks to all that contributed and also to Cmdr Baton for pointing me in it's direction