Page 11 of 54 First 791011121315 Last

Thread: Ship docks, CQC structures and other new in-game assets

Originally Posted by Alec Turner View Post (Source)
    Will do, thanks. I just seem to have so little time at the moment.
    I'm doing the opposite, cramming seeing the new stuff we know about because I'm heading back to the UK for two weeks on Monday so won't be able to play for a bit

Cannot find the unauthorized installation at Rahu 1

The unauthorized installation no longer seems to be in Rahu

Tourist installation in BD+22 3878 planet 5 - Dumbbell Nebula , next to a tourist beacon

Navigation panel

So the indication from FD seems to be that these locations will be getting some purpose/meaning... I wonder what shape/form this will be. Simple variations one what we already have, or new more involved ameplay/variations?

eg: The lovely tourist installation above... What gameplay would appear for that? Just more passenger based missions? Or completely new stuff?

Originally Posted by NeilF View Post (Source)
    So the indication from FD seems to be that these locations will be getting some purpose/meaning... I wonder what shape/form this will be. Simlpe variations one what we already have, or new more involved ameplay/variations?

eg: The lovely tourist installation above... What gameplay would appear for that? Just more passenger based missions? Or completely new stuff?
    Does the question even need to be asked at this point?

Originally Posted by Soopyyy View Post (Source)
    Does the question even need to be asked at this point?
    One can only dream I guess

i can imagine some decent clear pirate missions at some of them...

ie , pirate faction X has over whelmed the security at (insert small orbital platform here). A reward of ( insert number here) is being offered to any bounty hunter who is able to destroy all of the invading criminals.

then, rather than just farming in a res, we actually get to go and do a bounty hunter mission.

the counter to this could be terrorist missions to clear the local security around a similar installation, to then allow a pirate faction to come in and take control.

Originally Posted by NeilF View Post (Source)
    So the indication from FD seems to be that these locations will be getting some purpose/meaning... I wonder what shape/form this will be. Simple variations one what we already have, or new more involved ameplay/variations?
    I think at this stage FD is still open to new ideas about that, so anyone with such should share them. I'm unfortunately not much of a brainstormer, so cannot help apart from flying places and taking photos

Huge scientific installation at Amadioha with 2 satellites for spec legacy firmware.

Distance 5.60 Ls

Close to White Dwarf, be careful. Scientists making jokes about prof Palin.

these structues are fantastic imo and a huge step in the right direction for adding in variety into the game. hopefully in the future they will be found throughout the bubble and also rareer ones in deep space.

also would like to see them (at least partially) destructable, as well as built live in the bubble with missions to protect / attack / repair them / build them.

my hope is this is the 1st step and a real sign of FD moving in the right direction. also hope they can be build precedurablly by the game with many different configurations

Originally Posted by Mad Mike View Post (Source)
    these structues are fantastic imo and a huge step in the right direction for adding in variety into the game. hopefully in the future they will be found throughout the bubble and also rareer ones in deep space.

also would like to see them (at least partially) destructable, as well as built live in the bubble with missions to protect / attack / repair them / build them.

my hope is this is the 1st step and a real sign of FD moving in the right direction. also hope they can be build precedurablly by the game with many different configurations
    Any improvement in depth/variety is welcome in my book, and if it revolves around more unique/locations fine. eg: I'd hoped asteroid bases would have been on the back of dedicated new piracy gameplay/mechanics.

If they ultiamtely just end up being simply more artwork with no content/purpose/reason/depth...

Okedoke folks - I've done a big update of the OP including most (all?) of the megaship and asteroid base locations plus a whole load of new space installations.

I still need to go through some of the other threads I have bookmarked and grab some more screenshots but otherwise it should be reasonably up to date now.

I have to say I feel like a complete freeloader here as mostly all I'm doing is pinching everyone else's discoveries, lists and images.

So, massive respect goes out to Papnpier, Keybuk, Alistair Hope and everyone else that's been kind enough to contribute to this thread.

I have to say I've been pretty overwhelmed but the shear number of these things that are in game now so I'd really appreciate help spotting any errors or ommissions.

Oh, and re: "stations/outposts inside rings" - errr, are there any? What I'm looking for here are normal (i.e. pre 2.2) stations and outposts that just happen to be situated inside asteroid rings/clusters". I guess I'd been given the impression that these things exist but if there's aren't any (aside from actual asteroid bases) then I'll just remove that section.

o7

Just found a military asteriod base in
    HIP 83506
    - not sure if anyone's been there yet so I just thought I'd mention it!
    Attached Items Attached Items  

Originally Posted by stocko1111 View Post (Source)
    Just found a military asteriod base in
    HIP 83506
    - not sure if anyone's been there yet so I just thought I'd mention it!
    New one on my list - now added. Cheers!

- - - Updated - - -

Originally Posted by Alec Turner View Post (Source)
    I have to say I've been pretty overwhelmed but the shear number of these things that are in game now so I'd really appreciate help spotting any errors or ommissions.
    P.S. I've got a couple of unnamed asteroid bases in NGC 6820 Sector GW-W D1-36 and V355 Monocerotis if anyone fancies a little mission to find out what they're called and maybe report back with some images?