Page 31 of 42 FirstFirst ... 26293031323336 ... LastLast
Results 451 to 465 of 624

Thread: EDEngineer - an overlay to track your blueprint progress in realtime

  1. #451
    As was mentioned, my only issue is it would be better to have only started items show as a yellow filled in star (rather than a grey box with a star) and non-fav's as just a empty star.

    Other than that it seems to work great. Of course, until 3.0 is unleashed as was just mentioned...

  2. #452
    yeah I planned a few things for 3.0:
    * remove the thresholds & material/data full warnings
    * group ingredients into their respective categories (based on this post and this list/)
    * I'll need to look into how the material trader thing work (I don't really play the game anymore and haven't followed the news, keeping in mind that even what's currently in beta might not make it into the live game) to see if this can be implemented in EDEngineer

    obviously in an ideal world nobody would need this app but if the game still lacks a way to track blueprints and progress easily then I don't mind keeping EDEngineer up to date from time to time

  3. #453
    Originally Posted by CMDR HG View Post (Source)
    obviously in an ideal world nobody would need this app but if the game still lacks a way to track blueprints and progress easily then I don't mind keeping EDEngineer up to date from time to time
    EDEngineer will probably always be relevant. Absolutely fab app. Great work.

  4. #454
    Agreed. I hope EDEngineer will continue to be developed. It's a very handy tool which I use often.

  5. #455
    Not sure how long it will be fun to play in iron man mode but as long as I do the Engineers don't make much sense at all as I'm playing in Open. In general I hate using external tools in games but this one was the only exception. Whenever I'll come back to my mind and playing the game more in a way it was meant to be played again I'd be glad to see EDEngineer still safe and sound. Most generous offer Mr. HG!

  6. #456
    Originally Posted by CMDR HG View Post (Source)
    yeah I planned a few things for 3.0:
    * remove the thresholds & material/data full warnings
    * group ingredients into their respective categories (based on this post and this list/)
    * I'll need to look into how the material trader thing work (I don't really play the game anymore and haven't followed the news, keeping in mind that even what's currently in beta might not make it into the live game) to see if this can be implemented in EDEngineer

    obviously in an ideal world nobody would need this app but if the game still lacks a way to track blueprints and progress easily then I don't mind keeping EDEngineer up to date from time to time
    If I wasn't already volunteering to help maintain EDDI, I'd certainly consider volunteering to help maintain EDEngineer. :-)
    Shifting to other games is totally understandable. I just wanted to add my thanks for this beautiful app - it's definitely a must-have for me when I'm engineering or trying to manage my materials!

  7. #457
    Originally Posted by CMDR HG View Post (Source)
    @Ervig: you'll have to delete the logs for your previous name ; either delete all your logs if you don't care about history or delete logs specifically older than the date where you got your rename (make sure of it by opening the most recent file you're going to delete, your old cmdr name should be in the header)

    @Trekari: not sure what could be wrong, I've tried the app with a 4 screens setup and it got displayed fined ; try to launch it in windowed mode (the app remember what mode it was in every time you shut it down), that might help
    Thank you!

  8. #458
    @CMDR HG

    Hi

    I use your tool since summer 2017 as I started again with ED after a very long break (because of our own game project) since ED-beta 2014.

    For me your EDEngineer is one of a very few must-have tools I am using permanently with ED. I am a developer too and I am impressed how professional EDEngineer is. And I like all features your tool offers. Especially the shopping list is very helpfully and cool. And also the tresholds and notifications helps me to manage all materials/data.

    I have a little suggestion: an option to hide all ingredients not used in any blueprint. Maybe a checkbox at the place with the radio buttons for "all, raw only, manufactured only".

    Anyways, thank you for this great tool!

  9. #459
    The only downside of this wonderful tool is that it removes the obligation from the devs to provide a similar ingame tool. The Engineers would be a nightmare without.

  10. #460
    Originally Posted by picommander View Post (Source)
    The only downside of this wonderful tool is that it removes the obligation from the devs to provide a similar ingame tool. The Engineers would be a nightmare without.
    Our friends in console land would disagree.....

  11. #461
    Care to elaborate? I have no idea what you are talking about.
    Wait... they can't use EDEngineer cause it only works in a windows environment?
    My thinking is slow tonight, it was a very long walk with my wife and I'm dead tired...

  12. #462
    They can use it on a notebook or so, but they have to update the inventory by hand.

  13. #463
    Originally Posted by lemny View Post (Source)
    They can use it on a notebook or so, but they have to update the inventory by hand.
    That's sad. Would be so awesome if we could get some sort of a web interface of EDEngineer. My old netbook with Linux on it is pleading into my direction... Editing by hand isn't really an option IMO.

  14. #464
    HG, is there anything we can do to help once 3.0 drops to make it easier to make changes to ED Engineer for the new version?

  15. #465
    Well I'll need first to add the new materials which should be pretty straightforward as well as update the rarity of the ones which changed as described here : https://www.reddit.com/r/EliteDanger...neers/dthrh67/

    I'll also need to think how the material trader will impact the shopping list but that's a bit tricky. I thought about adding a checkbox to ask the user whether he wants to include other materials that can be traded for the ones required in the shopping list but the visual changes to show progress on this might be difficult to UX design (I really want to keep it simple/stupid). A user might also want to include specific materials in the list of ingredients he's willing to trade while excluding others (that he wants to keep for some reason, like it's in a blueprint or synthesis he often wants to craft).

    Anyway the reference data update shouldn't take long to do and deploy (it's mostly updating the json I generated) but the other features (the important ones to be honest) might not drop sooner that most expect.

Page 31 of 42 FirstFirst ... 26293031323336 ... LastLast