Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Newsletter #149

1. This is the last staff post in this thread. #1

Newsletter #149

More strange discoveries across the Galaxy this week

NEWSLETTER #149

Welcome to the Elite Dangerous Newsletter, the place to find all the latest from the Elite Dangerous galaxy.

The galaxy is awash with excitement over the recent discoveries in Synuefe XR-H d11-102. This week, we bring you reports of even more findings across the Galaxy, along with our usual roundup of livestreams, community news and brand new paint jobs for you.

As always, you can hear the latest news and updates directly from the development team on our Forums, Twitter, Facebook, Community Homepage, and right here in the newsletter every week, and we're always eager to hear your feedback.

On the Horizon
    All the latest for Elite Dangerous: Horizons

SECOND ALIEN CRASH SITE FOUND

Last w
    eek, we brought you reports of a mysterious ruin thought to be alien in origin. In the week that's followed another crash site has been found.

Seemingly stumbled upon by an exploring CMDR Denneb, the crash site in HIP 17862 6 C A. Are the two connected? We await your findings.

Livestream Lowdown
    Catch up with videos from the community team

WHAT'S YOURS IS MINE

It was a mine-a-thon in this week'sElite Dangerous Open.

Designer Steve Kirby faced off against Lead Artist Tjaart Kruger in the Barnard's Star system. They had to see how much they could mine in one hour.

Who mined the most? The recap reveals all.

BATTLE OF THE COMMUNITY MANAGERS

Next week is a battle for the ages. Head of Community Zac Antonaci will be stepping into the ring with the hostess with the mostest, Ed Lewis.

Tune in on November 10 at 7pm BST to pick your side in the next ED Open.

STORE SPOTLIGHT
    The latest goods and the best deals from the Frontier Store

NEW MILITARY PACKS

We're rolling out new Military Paint Packs for several ships, including: Imperial Cutter, Federal Corvette, Taipan, Federal Fighter
    and the Imperial Fighter.

Robust and efficient, military colours are worn by those not to be trifled with. Let other Pilots know you mean business with these new colours for your ship.

Community Central
    The best from the community, all in one place

THE DISTANT STARS EXPEDITION

Dr. Kali, along with Erimus and Virgil Kyle will be leading an expedition to NGC 2862. Previously unreachable until the introduction of Neutron Stars, this is an exciting step into the unknown.

Dr Kali has put together a superb video to fill you in on all the details.

THE RUINS... SOLVED?

With the Galaxy abuzz with speculation over what the mysterious ruins could mean, the Fuel Rats may know something we don't.

CMDR UVELIUS SÅNG has shared a document claiming the ruins were left by their Fuel Rat ancestors...

Galnet Focus
    All the news from across the Galaxy

MYSTERIOUS RUINS DISCOVERED

The galaxy has been stunned by news of strange ruins being discovered in the Synuefe XR-H d11-102 system. The discovery was made by an independent pilot CMDR Basch Fon Ronsenburg, known by the call sign 'xdeath'.

COLONIA EXPANSION

The Colonia Council has announced it's campaign for materials has been successful. With a view to expand the Colony, they claim this aid will "lay the foundations for a brighter, better future"

RUIN RESEARCH BEGINS

Since the discovery of the mysterious ruins, hundreds of explorers have flocked there to uncover it's secrets.

Engineer Ram Tah has promised rewards for any pilots bringing Pattern Delta Obelisk Data to Felice Dock in the Mene System

REMEMBER, REMEMBER

In November last year, the mysterious "Revolution Incorporated" placed an order for explosives to commemorate an event in Earth's distant past.

A cryptic message has recently been issued, inviting the public to Novas A 6 in the Novas system at 16.05 UTC on November 5th.

PLEIADES EXPAND

Recent reports from Maia indicate that Pleiades Resouce Enterprise has overcome Ant Hill Mob resistanceto gain a foothold in the system. Federal involvement has been denied.

Community Goals
    The latest missions for you to take on

APPEAL FOR ANCIENT DATA
    Felice Dock, Meene

Support Ram Tah’s research programme by delivering Pattern Delta Obelisk Data to science and research contacts at Felice Dock in the Meene system.

MYSTERY REQUEST

Novas A 6, Novas

Respond to the message from Revolution Incorporated and be at Novas A 6 in the Novas system at 16.05 UTC on the 5th of November 3302.

Comms Chatter
    A round up of this weeks community content

BASKING CONTINUES

We know you all love a bit of basking, so here's CMDR Andromedaa from the Small Worlds Expeditiondoing exactly that. Looking good.

FEELING THE HEAT

There's a strong chance CMDRJettlagg got a less than healthy dose of radiation landing on this rather toasty planet.

SPELLING IT OUT

CMDR ZestyMilk shows some serious finesse, using gimballed lasers to spell out "KO" on an enemy ship.

We think they got the point.

See you in the black, Commanders

The Frontier Developments Team

If you no longer wish to receive emails from Frontier about Elite Dangerous, you can unsubscribe

Enjoyed this email? Why not forward to a friend

Frontier

Copyright © 2016 Frontier Developments plc. All rights reserved.

Frontier Developments plc, 306 Science Park, Milton Road, Cambridge, England, CB4 0WG, UK

the hostess with the mostest

Really pleased to see the recent attention to Open.. Some of the most enjoyable streams I've watched.

Outside development, Ed and Zac are the best thing to have happened to this game. Really appreciate the improvement in community engagement even though I grumble at times.

This user was unable to follow the forum rules and ended up banned or suspended! :( X-Terminator's Avatar
    OPEN is fine if you limit your Ship asset for affordable losses but the Missions don't replenish enough to allow us to sustain our main Ships we fly.

Looking forward to that stream, should be a giggle.

Originally Posted by X-Terminator View Post (Source)
    OPEN is fine if you limit your Ship asset for affordable losses but the Missions don't replenish enough to allow us to sustain our main Ships we fly.
    I've earned a ton of credits from doing VIP passenger missions, more than enough for tens of rebuys..

Originally Posted by Flimley View Post (Source)
    Hooray. \o/

Flimley
    As usual

finally, thank you CMDR !

None of the links under contents work, they all take you back to the main forum page, I think this has been like this for months now ... possibly even longer.

by the time this letter was published, the CG for ancient data was already over haha.

Just would like to chime in somewhere and say: Thanks for the Cutter & Corvette paint packs finally being available! That's been a long time in coming, and I'm gladdened that it's now available.

Newsletter #149 links (obtained for the newsletter sent to my email)... Hope this helps out CMDRs who didn't get the Newsletter in their email
    - On the Horizon section:
    ..."another crash site"
    ..."seemingly stumbled upon"

- Livestream section:
    ..."The recap reveals all"

- Store Spotlight section:
    ..."New Military Paint Packs"
    ..."new colors for your ship"

- Community Central section:
    ..."superb video"
    ..."shared a document"

- GALNET Focus section:
    ...Mysterious Ruins Discovered (picture link)
    ...Colonia Expansion (picture link)
    ...Ruins Research Begins (picture link)
    ...Remember, Remember (picture link)
    ...Pleiades Expand (pictured link )

- Community Goals section:
    ...Appeal For Ancient Data (picture link)
    ...Mystery Request (picture link)

...F.Y.I. the "Appeal For Ancient Data" & "Mystery Request" CGs have completed early already.
    ...however the "Mystery Request" CG lead CMDRs to a new CG called "Appeal For Toxandji Virocide"

- Comms Chatter section:
    ..."Basking Continues"
    ...Feeling The Heat (picture link)
    ...Spelling It Out (picture link)

Yep. I've made more than I had when 2.2. dropped.

so any predictions on todays newsletter?

I hope for info on when the next patch will drop, specifically some clues as to what we can expect on the mission pass.

the obvious one being the current nerf to delivery missions, but also hopefully a tweak to the piracy missions (kill 16 - 32 pirates in a system with no RES, none spawning at nav beacon and only 1 mission target showing every 4-5 mins is not really good gameplay imo)

I think it will mainly be about weapons colors and Christmas skins/bobblehead.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast