Page 238 of 238 FirstFirst ... 228234235236237238
Results 3,556 to 3,570 of 3570

Thread: Sorry from AMERICA!!!!

Originally Posted by Boomer Kay View Post (Source)
    Data gathering and data analysis.
    Dialogue is overrated. Woman stuff soft skills.
    +1

To know how to use the words, and capable to speak up your mind, is necessary. But it does not make up the lack of truth, and knowledge / understanding.
    And also? the lack of skills to make others understand what you saying? Truth can't make up this.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally Posted by Sunleader View Post (Source)
    You guys do Realize that Jonty is nicely and subtle drawing all of you away from the Topic right ?
    Do yourself a Favor and ignore Off Topic stuff.
    What he is arguing is not Trump but the argument about him itself.
    Meaning you wont get anywhere by arguing with him about wether or not you should argue with him.

All you do is giving his words more attention.
    Thats why I said earlier that sometimes its better to not discuss or debate things.
    Actually we started to talk about this because of Trumph. After all, his arguments are 99% percent is womanly debating, and logical fallacies, just like jumping in conclusion. Which is in essence? Is like to force together not matching pieces of a puzzle.

But you are right! We gone off rails.
    -Hey, chin up. I know the night just got darker, but it won't last forever.

-Truth is not a question of honor, or number of belivers. Truth is the question of to be right, or wrong?

Ranks; deadly 50%, entrepreneur 35%, ranger 17%, professional (later)

Ships; Cobra MK III; Uraeus, Python; Vindicator, Asp; Void walker. Anaconda; Tiamat

Originally Posted by Sunleader View Post (Source)
    You guys do Realize that Jonty is nicely and subtle drawing all of you away from the Topic right ?
    Do yourself a Favor and ignore Off Topic stuff.
    What he is arguing is not Trump but the argument about him itself.
    Meaning you wont get anywhere by arguing with him about wether or not you should argue with him.

All you do is giving his words more attention.
    Thats why I said earlier that sometimes its better to not discuss or debate things.
    I was just asking if Jordan Peterson considers himself a Conservative or Centrist? Wasn't trying to engage. I have watched a lot of Jordan Peterson's videos and I can't seem to figure it out.
    EMPIRE OF DUST
    CMDR Aereon Theed

Dangerous | Entrepreneur | Pathfinder
    The Agamemnon (Python) | The Scylax (Asp Explorer) | The Vercingetorix (Vulture) | The Valkyrie (Sidewinder)

Originally Posted by Aereon Theed View Post (Source)
    I was just asking if Jordan Peterson considers himself a Conservative or Centrist? Wasn't trying to engage. I have watched a lot of Jordan Peterson's videos and I can't seem to figure it out.
    Sometimes debate is better without the preconceptions of political preferences. Debate subjects on their merit and logic and you can avoid political predilections all together. In all honesty, this is a much better way to approach matters of governance as it allows compromises that are well reasoned and more likely to make both parties content.

However, we are all emotional creatures and it can be alluring to resort to prejudices as it can be comforting.
    Commander Monk Edgecomb
    Duke, HIP 16858

“If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.”

Debate or having a talk?

Not the same thing right?

-Truth is not a question of honor, or number of belivers. Truth is the question of to be right, or wrong?

Ships; Cobra MK III; Uraeus, Python; Vindicator, Asp; Void walker. Anaconda; Tiamat

Yeah, not the same thing, but talk often leads to debate

I guess the point I'm making is that conversation, in general, is more engaging and fruitful if we can leave the emotions of political party out of it. Not an easy ask, I'll admit.

-----

Anyway, this happened today. I laughed

Commander Monk Edgecomb
    Duke, HIP 16858

“If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.”

Originally Posted by Monk View Post (Source)
    Yeah, not the same thing, but talk often leads to debate

I guess the point I'm making is that conversation, in general, is more engaging and fruitful if we can leave the emotions of political party out of it. Not an easy ask, I'll admit.

-----

Anyway, this happened today. I laughed

Well, i think talking is more or less freestyle, and fitting to off topic discussion. While debate have it's own set of rules. Such as? No godamn repeats just to keep it going on and on and on. That's even unacceptable in normal talking.

The pics? that was funny.

Ooops

Trump mixed-up the 2 most powerful leaders of the European Union

Now, I didn't know the EU has a Commission and a Council President...but, it isn't a great leap to expect the guy sitting in the oval is a competent statesman.

I may not be an expert with European affairs (which is why I only lurk the brexit thread), but if I were going to talk with ranking folks in Europe, I'd have an expert brief me first.
    Commander Monk Edgecomb
    Duke, HIP 16858

I may not an expert with European affairs (which is why I only lurk the brexit thread), but if I were going to talk with ranking folks in Europe, I'd have an expert brief me first.
    Maybe he WAS briefed!

Originally Posted by Whitehair View Post (Source)
    Maybe he WAS briefed!
    Gosh, you are probably right...even worse
    Commander Monk Edgecomb
    Duke, HIP 16858

Gosh, you are probably right...even worse
    "Donald who? I'm the Donald. There is no other Donald. That's that drunk dutch guy trying to mock me! I'm smarter than that, I'll call him out by his real name."

http://www.bbc.com/news/blogs-echochambers-27074746

"When a majority of citizens disagrees with economic elites and/or with organised interests, they generally lose. Moreover, because of the strong status quo bias built into the US political system, even when fairly large majorities of Americans favour policy change, they generally do not get it."

"Americans do enjoy many features central to democratic governance, such as regular elections, freedom of speech and association and a widespread (if still contested) franchise. But we believe that if policymaking is dominated by powerful business organisations and a small number of affluent Americans, then America's claims to being a democratic society are seriously threatened."

" ... but the two professors have conducted exhaustive research to try to present data-driven support for this conclusion."

Harrr.

Now if people would take the time to look at the data themselves and come to their own conclusions, rather than wait for some sales representative or gekko to explain it to them ...
    The whole healthcare debacle should be such an easy thing to calculate for yourself.

Originally Posted by Boomer Kay View Post (Source)
    " ... but the two professors have conducted exhaustive research to try to present data-driven support for this conclusion."

Harrr.

Now if people would take the time to look at the data themselves and come to their own conclusions, rather than wait for some sales representative or gekko to explain it to them ...
    The whole healthcare debacle should be such an easy thing to calculate for yourself.
    Not entirely sure if most people are very good at statistical analysis...

Originally Posted by sleutelbos View Post (Source)
    It's part of math here. 8th or 9th grade material. They teach more advanced stuff later on, but if you don't actually sleep at school or consider everything completely useless, you should get along.

Maybe school could be a bit more practical in its approach, though.
    They give you tools but not the application. Like finance, budgeting etc. All applied math.

Originally Posted by sleutelbos View Post (Source)
    Good at any math here, math is the backbone of flight.

Did you guys see the difference between Obama and Trump when tweeting about London yesterday?

Trump:

A great American, Kurt Cochran, was killed in the London terror attack. My prayers and condolences are with his family and friends.

Spoke to U.K. Prime Minister Theresa May today to offer condolences on the terrorist attack in London. She is strong and doing very well.

Obama:

My heart goes out to the victims and their families in London. No act of terror can shake the strength and resilience of our British ally.
    EMPIRE OF DUST
    CMDR Aereon Theed

Dangerous | Entrepreneur | Pathfinder
    The Agamemnon (Python) | The Scylax (Asp Explorer) | The Vercingetorix (Vulture) | The Valkyrie (Sidewinder)

Page 238 of 238 FirstFirst ... 228234235236237238