Page 219 of 238 FirstFirst ... 209215216217218219220221222223229 ... LastLast
Results 3,271 to 3,285 of 3568

Thread: Sorry from AMERICA!!!!

EMPIRE OF DUST
    CMDR Aereon Theed

Dangerous | Entrepreneur | Pathfinder
    The Agamemnon (Python) | The Scylax (Asp Explorer) | The Vercingetorix (Vulture) | The Valkyrie (Sidewinder)

Originally Posted by 6xes View Post (Source)
    If Coal was phased out, electricity and gas companies would be the major energy sources

and if we are to follow the money.. we can see a monopoly from such corporations to hold industries to ransom so to speak...

Hilary Clintons desire to shut the Coal industry down was clearly known... and is somewhat suspicious considering who benefits from such an action
    Are you... you are serious? You are, aren't you.

I don't even know where to begin

- - - Updated - - -

Originally Posted by Boomer Kay View Post (Source)
    Heck, even China - where "protecting our gazillion people" is not top priority has seen that growth markets are in modern technologies and pollution does not sell well.
    http://static.boredpanda.com/blog/wp...nge-4__880.jpg
    China is the biggest producer of solar electricity on the planet these days.

- - - Updated - - -

i am very unfamiliar with Coal and its effects on the body.. but no doubt there is a underlying health risk
    that is a issue in itself.. but something not unsolvable to the scientific community to make and produce cleaner burning more efficient Coal generators, perhaps a job for the Engineers out there
    The scientific community (which you invoke when you think it supports your argument, and disparage when it's inconvenient) is pretty emphatic about moving away from coal, as it's the dirtiest and most polluting of the fossil fuels. It would be in the process of being phased out even if climate change wasn't an issue.
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/33305725/Elite/adeptdrstrange.png

Originally Posted by Aereon Theed View Post (Source)
    Powerful stuff. I hope he's right about Comey and the FBI. I'll be cheering if the US state proves robust enough to blow the lid off Trump's lies, and to expose the people who put him on his throne.

Originally Posted by Adept View Post (Source)
    Are you... you are serious? You are, aren't you.

I don't even know where to begin

- - - Updated - - -

China is the biggest producer of solar electricity on the planet these days.

- - - Updated - - -

The scientific community (which you invoke when you think it supports your argument, and disparage when it's inconvenient) is pretty emphatic about moving away from coal, as it's the dirtiest and most polluting of the fossil fuels. It would be in the process of being phased out even if climate change wasn't an issue.
    Only in Absolute Numbers tough.
    If you count it in relation to Consumption or Population. You get much worse Results.

Per Capita (Solar Power)
    PV Watt per Capita for 10 largest countries
    1 - Germany 491
    2 - Italy 308
    3 - Belgium 287
    4 - Japan 271
    5 - Greece 230
    6 - Australia 215
    7 - Czech Republic 198
    8 - United States 79
    9 - China 32
    10 - India 4

China has similar Production of Solar Energy as Germany.
    But its Power Consumption is 10 times that of Germany.

To begin with tough.
    The Powerhorse in China on Renewables is not Solar Power. Its Hydropower.
    Thanks to that China is (for such an Large Country) pretty good in this.
    Having nearly 25% of their Power Consumption Provided by Renewable Energy Sources
    80% of which is indeed Hydropower tough

Its still much more than the USA for example, which barely has 15% despite being one the Countries which really has insane Potential on Renewable Energy as they really have the Geography and Building Space to Build such Stuff.

Edit:
    Also just saying.
    But he is in Fact right about at least one thing. Which is that Science is also developing alot of Stuff to make Coal Cleaner.
    And Modern Coal Power Plants by an Incredible Margin are not causing as much Polution as older Coal Power Plants.

In Fact. Modern Coal Power Plants are already Cleaner than Oil and Gasoline Power.
    They are still worse than Gas and Nuclear Power tough

And of course (at least on Air Pollution) they are of course worse than most Renewable Power Sources.
    Except Wood. Which due to its low Efficiency is actually even Dirtier than Coal as you have to Burn much more of it to create the same Power.

Powerful stuff. I hope he's right about Comey and the FBI. I'll be cheering if the US state proves robust enough to blow the lid off Trump's lies, and to expose the people who put him on his throne.
    Something tells me he would fight it and his supporters would take up arms to keep him on the throne should they try and impeach him. Before the election they were saying if Hillary won they would storm the White House and kill everybody, and take the Presidency by force.
    EMPIRE OF DUST
    CMDR Aereon Theed

The Agamemnon (Python) | The Scylax (Asp Explorer) | The Vercingetorix (Vulture) | The Valkyrie (Sidewinder)

Speaking of prophecies, here's one from an atheist.

"The enemy of my enemy, is my friend." Which is the only way I can think of that explains the lefts alliance with Islam.
    I don't recall using teleportation, and yet there I was. Alone. Naked.

Originally Posted by Starbreaker View Post (Source)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-z_GAygD7c

"The enemy of my enemy, is my friend." Which is the only way I can think of that explains the lefts alliance with Islam.
    Sam Harris is the atheists answer to Alex Jones. A deluded fanatic who doesn't have a clue what he's talking about. He presents himself well though, so when he talks about killing people for their beliefs it is easy to overlook things unless you listen to the actual words.

dont become bitter when you realise you have become completely deceived and find out Comey is still under control by the deep state

Did i mention the video you commented on is FAKE NEWS??

Originally Posted by Noddie View Post (Source)
    When there are that many bloody words in a suite of large books you can find some that seem to predict practically anything. Especially if you don't expect anything remotely like specifics, reject or ignore any misses, and dismiss any incongruity with "it's a parable"

NODDIE (Book of sagas) 32,7,14

:-)
    All praise Noddie, for his words ring true and his cup is always full. Can I haz a Ramen?

The thing with Taylor is, that the date when his stuff was written is actually the evidence he predicted nothing.
    His 2011 Text is not for the 2016 Election. Drumpf has been hintin at running und run for president since the 90ies? There's a Simpsons Episode from 2000 or 2001 that "predicted" he will be president.
    Taylor "predicted" that the mighty orange will be Scrotus in 2012 - he quite obviously didn't.
    And his entire "plant the seed" rhetoric is just the usual televangelist rubbish.
    Step 1: plant seed
    Step 2:
    Step 3: you'll be rich - I guarantee!

"Army of God, out of the darkness! I COMMAND YOU TO ARISE AND TAKE YOUR PLACE! For I have given you extra time, mercy and grace. Go, Go, Go, do not slow down. Begin to take and hold your ground, for there is no more time to waste. America will once again be the great light. The enemy will say, "Oh the Light, the Light it shines so bright, there is nothing else left to do but take flight."
    "I wonder why those moslems are so fanatic and hate us so much"....

I'd like to remind people of the 1st Law of Thermodynamics. Energy can be neither created nor destroyed. It can only change forms. In any process, the total energy of the universe remains the same. For a thermodynamic cycle the net heat supplied to the system equals the net work done by the system.

Making coal 'cleaner' is a fallacy. The carbon remains. The carbon the planet took geological epochs to remove and store away is merely transported somewhere else. For storage underground or some other process. However this takes energy too. Everything takes energy.

The only way to save energy is not to use the damned stuff in the first place.

We live on a planet with an abundance of energy surrounding, permeating and enveloping us. No, not 'The Force'. However we choose the 'cheaper' path because those who benefit from it the most also hold the power to enable us to believe that.

Hydro power is not renewable. The process uses cheaper electricity to pump that water back up to its potential after its release. Not to mention the intrinsic energy involved in its construction. Photovoltaics are only economically viable given the best(ish) efficiency of circa 17% because electricity generated by these panels is more cost effective that the electricity or energy used in its production. Its all economics.

There's no such thing as a free lunch. The 1st Law says so.

Coal is a filthy fuel and its protagonists care only for their own fortune and do so at the cost of their own children and grand children and the future of our planet.

My maternal grandfather and uncles were miners, I grew up surrounded by pits in a mining community.

The US defence budget is more than all others combined. Imagine that wealth put into discovering clean energy. The US has the ability but it lacks the determination it once did. Its a shallow, self interested haven for the wealthy and powerful. Its great people enslaved by the dollar. Once a beacon of freedom and enlightenment, its just a corrupt cesspit of politics like all the rest of our useless countries. Money matters more than life and commerce is the new God.

Power to the People

Boiled Onions

Save time counting to 10 by starting at 4. If you're in a real hurry, start at 5.

SYSTEM -
    I5 6600K 4.5ghZ w/c, 16Gb DDR4, MSI Z170A Krait, ASUS A8G 1080GTX, Rift CV1

There is no "alliance with Islam", just a refusal to go along with racist stereotyping. Surely it can't be this hard to understand. I suspect you are just posting this as a taunt, rather than something you actually believe to be true.

- - - Updated - - -

dont become bitter when you realise you have become completely deceived and find out Comey is still under control by the deep state

Did i mention the video you commented on is FAKE NEWS??
    You poor dear. The video is not news at all, but an opinion piece.

Just so we're all on the same page, the FBI are now investigating whether or not the people surrounding the President are traitors.

Trumpcare looks like it will leave 25 million or so people without health.

The entire planet is virtually united in thinking of the current leadership of America as dangerous, arrogant, and threatening security and economic stability. The only notable exception is Vladimir Putin.

The president has basically cut a bloody swathe through the law whilst simultaniously giving Islamic terrorists a load of new recruiting material.

Funding for scientific progress in general and climate in particular is set to be cut, damaging progress significantly.

All else is a sideshow and a distraction.

Originally Posted by FuzzySpider View Post (Source)
    Just so we're all on the same page, the FBI are now investigating whether or not the people surrounding the President are traitors.

Trumpcare looks like it will leave 25 million or so people without health.

The entire planet is virtually united in thinking of the current leadership of America as dangerous, arrogant, and threatening security and economic stability. The only notable exception is Vladimir Putin.

The president has basically cut a bloody swathe through the law whilst simultaniously giving Islamic terrorists a load of new recruiting material.

Funding for scientific progress in general and climate in particular is set to be cut, damaging progress significantly.

All else is a sideshow and a distraction.
    Not just now, but since July.
    Commander Monk Edgecomb
    Duke, HIP 16858

“If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.”

Lol, 'leftists alliance with Islam'.

How paranoid does one have to be? Why not add 'sm' and 'satanism' to the mix while you're at it.

Once again I am a centrist. The left is not allied with Islam. They just refuse to categorize an entire religion. They also don't walk around calling Catholic child molesters either... put that into your perspective. You don't label a group by their outliers. At least the left tries not too. While the right tends to. At least the right does when they see groups they relate too. White people, for the right, who shoot up an entire school for example, are not terrorists, they are people with mental or social issues. Yet, if someone of ethnic background does this the right believes that likely they somehow have a connection to the Islamic State. Brains must be grabbed.

With that being said, the left (extreme left) is going to far at times, by not debating people. In my home city a few years back Ann Coulter was supposed to speak at the University. People lost their minds. The far left should be debating the far right and changing minds or working to change minds, not protesting in mass, burning places down, and attacking. Though, again, you can not label the entire left as doing this. Most of the left attempts to engage. Look at this thread, for example. It keeps getting labeled by the right wing as a "snowflake huddle" or "cuddle" and its not. It just so happens we have a bunch of strong, well worded, debaters on this forum. Which is what the left USED to be in North America and has since fallen apart. The left will not die. Harris is a lunatic if he thinks so. What will only the right and center exist? So then the center will become the left? What kind of sense does that make?

Harris is extreme in his views. He says he hates all religions but he piles onto the one religion which is just dumb on every level. I used to listen to a lot of his work, trying to figure out what he is about. I happen to have listened to at least 40 hours. He always remains calm, but tends to push extreme views. He isn't a strong character, in fact the opposite. He is coming from a position of weakness and trying to assert his dominance in situations that he believes are in the 'best interest of humanity'. Hitchens who passed away in 2011, took a much wider stance on this, and targeted all religions equally, and Jordan Peterson attacks all stupidity, left, right, center, anti-science, etc. but is often seen as an extremest as well, due to his outlook on many subjects. The left tends to have a knee jerk reaction to him because he says the same "the left has lost the ability to debate" (North American Left, European Left still have a strong debate ethic). Meanwhile Dawkins tends to discuss religion vs science and the advancement of knowledge and veers away from categorizing entire groups entirely but will reference extremist views from either side of the aisle. It is important to take a range of personalities into your perspective and to make note of their better points, while making sure to challenge your confirmation bias and to try and gain outside perspective even from this inclusive nature.

Seeking out information that reinforces your own ideals is nothing more then self-flagellation. True intellect comes from the study of ones polar opposites in relation to the group any individual recognizes as their own or of having similar conditions in mind, body, and spirit. Many think they are outside the box not realizing there is another box around this, and another around that, and another around that. Explore the human condition.

Finally this statement is a fallacy at its core. And it has been made by many of you in this thread. Once again, understand the words you are using, or stop using them. If you don't know how to use a word, select another that you do know the definition of. This is a basic principal in writing, and debate.

Islam - is a religion that believes in one god. Meaning of Islam is “submission to the will of God" .In Islam, Allah is the Arabic word for god or 'the deity'. All of its teachings and beliefs are written out in the Qur'an (also spelled Quran or Koran). People who follow Islam are called Muslims.

Muslim - A Muslim is someone who follows or practices Islam, a monotheistic Abrahamic religion. Muslims consider the Quran (Koran), their holy book, to be the verbatim word of God as revealed to the Islamic prophet and messenger Muhammad.

There, now you know which words you should be using.

The left is protecting Muslims, yet they do not, they realize, have the right to push their own belief's and standards onto others and see the idea of allowing groups to think for themselves and to select a religion as acceptable. They even realize that if you live in an area (were born) that you will likely join that religion. I am sure you buy Iphones, its the same deal. You purchase useless technology to maintain your status in the group, community, and society you are a party too. So to does religious agreement tend to work.

You likely have an alliance with Catholic due to your raising in America (I am making assumptions, I have no idea where you hail from, I am trying to present you with a point). Should I return to my statement about Catholic and assume you are one of them? Likely not.

Updated: Islam meaning "submission to the will of God".

On that note, as well: Trump's popularity rating is the lowest of a sitting president ever, at 37% at this stage in his presidency (thanks Monk).
    EMPIRE OF DUST
    CMDR Aereon Theed

Page 219 of 238 FirstFirst ... 209215216217218219220221222223229 ... LastLast