Thread: The Sandy Ring Race Track [videos]

The Sandy Ring Race Track [videos]

Ever since last months Paladin Consortium SRV Grand Prix I've been meaning to return to the Sandy Ring Racetrack in the daylight and video a half decent lap.

Finally managed to do it today and as an added bonus also had a crack at in a ship launched fighter!

So, here's the track ..

Coords: -13.2 / 43.48

.. here's the SRV lap ..

Music by Underworld

.. and here's the SLF lap ..

Music by The Cure

Thanks for watching!

Wow, will have to check it out, and I just have to say that the SLF video and the music was amazing

Originally Posted by Ravenous View Post (Source)
    Wow, will have to check it out, and I just have to say that the SLF video and the music was amazing
    Cheers! With that one comment you've made it all worthwhile.

Nice vids! Also, it seems the track spends about 3 weeks in daylight then three weeks in the dark....give or take a couple days.

Hopefully we can get FDev to put some sort of track markers in at some point. That'd be awesome

Alec,

Wow... that's quite some flying through Sandy Ring!

My group has been enjoying the track for quite some time and we're thrilled that the community has taken such a great interest in it as well... We like to think of it as the "Monte Carlo SRV Grand Prix" of LFT 37

Keep your eyes out for our next community race...

-BP

Great vids, excellent refreshing music choice! I need to get myself a keelback so I can get some SLF action (I can't afford any of the other ships )

Originally Posted by subhouse07 View Post (Source)
    Great vids, excellent refreshing music choice! I need to get myself a keelback so I can get some SLF action (I can't afford any of the other ships )
    Cheers. Note that you have to be at least 500m off the ground to deploy a fighter so sadly it's not possible to actually fire youself straight down the barrel of Papa's Crack!

Nearly tho, nearly.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally Posted by BigPappa View Post (Source)
    Alec,

Wow... that's quite some flying through Sandy Ring!

My group has been enjoying the track for quite some time and we're thrilled that the community has taken such a great interest in it as well... We like to think of it as the "Monte Carlo SRV Grand Prix" of LFT 37

Keep your eyes out for our next community race...

-BP
    Cheers, and I'll definitely keep an eye out for the next one. Maybe include a link to it here too? (or in the SRV Grand Prix thread).

Great Videos, thx!