Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Colonia Expansion Initiative

"Want to get away from all those pesky warring factions?"

"Come to Colonia and start a faction!"

Originally Posted by Noshtzy View Post (Source)
    "Want to get away from all those pesky warring factions?"

"Come to Colonia and start a faction!"
    *an independent faction whos government type will be decided by the council ;)

Ever since Jaques station was found I wanted to be out there, I left for jaques, just after the engineer’s patch, got half way and RL stepped in.

Now I’ve been to jaques, and am currently on the way back into the bubble to get my Anaconda FSD worked on by Felicity Farseer. Now with the ability of being able to move ships from station to station I intend to get mining/hauler Python and combat ship of some variety, Vulture or Fer-de-lance depending on budget, and maybe one of the explorer class for local and not so local scouting trips, landing my Anaconda always makes me clench.

But alas I don’t belong to any player groups but want to be part of the whole thing, but sitting in the shadows as it were, too old or just too lazy to get into the whole guild thing been there, and done my fair share of work for it as well (played EVE for far too long, and way back when Jumpgate became like a second job.)

Now just want to log in do some stuff that’s going to help, wave hello and log off sort of thing. I did try the BGS in the bubble but never really had the time to get it to where I would have liked it to go, but with this on offer I want in. So anyone wanting a silent but hard working member for their group drop me a line.

Commander Lokvette, signing off from Gagarin Gate, heading back in then back out again asap.

I have a question: who is the Colonia Council that's referred here? Is that from the CCN organization, or is it a new body of players made specifically for this purpose?

Edit: my bad, I didn't mean to refer to the CCN as an in-game player group, so I fixed the wording.

Originally Posted by marx View Post (Source)
    I have a question: who is the Colonia Council that's referred here? Is that from the CCN group, or is it a new body of players made specifically for this purpose?
    CCN is not a group, and we haven't been approached for anything related to this. Colonia Council is a symbol, an embodiment of CCN, not the 'official' CCN in-game faction. Because CCN is not a group.

Originally Posted by marx View Post (Source)
    I have a question: who is the Colonia Council that's referred here? Is that from the CCN group, or is it a new body of players made specifically for this purpose?
    Technically the Colonia Council is the controlling faction of the Colonia Hub (build from the osmium mining CG), which in turn is meant to represent the CCN (the CCN didn't specifically ask for it and was unsure about that at first too).

Still a good question - but yeah, I guess Zac will simply go through the list of submissions with the CCN organisers who set up Colonia in the first place.

Any problems with Pirates faction? Colonia Greedy Pirates, Advance!
    Greedy Raider Channel , Piracy , PvP , Tutorials, Tests , Stupid stuff and more!
    "These days any man who can sew a black flag and get ten fools to follow him can take a prize.
    They can take it because of the fear that I and men like me have instilled in their prey.
    But they can't do what I can do. They're not built for it. And sooner or later, they'll be exposed." Capt'n Flint

If applications don't include any sort of description or ethos of the faction, does this mean that all lobbying for support will have to be done socially, or with catchy names? And the factions have to be independent, not aligned to any of the 3 major powers?

Thank you for the news Zac.

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

Originally Posted by Farge View Post (Source)
    If applications don't include any sort of description or ethos of the faction, does this mean that all lobbying for support will have to be done socially, or with catchy names? And the factions have to be independent, not aligned to any of the 3 major powers?
    There are none of the big three powers in Colonia at this time, but we do have groups representing different groups like the Alliance, Empire, Federation and independent all working together for the betterment of the human race.

Does this include player factions already in the game, and if so, would they simply get extra representation over in the new bubble? Or does it have to be an entirely new faction, and starting from scratch?

OK I am IN. Just in-between outposts 1 and 2 and gaining rep, Friendly atm, want allied soon. I want in on this.

Faction Name: Kon-Tiki named after the legendary expedition and ship of the same name.

Logo:Name:  untitled.png
Views: 1586
Size:  12.9 KB

do you have to be in a group already or with a bunch of other players for this to work? Or can I just pitch my own idea?

Well, this is interesting, nice. Perhaps I go see some artefacts first, then head over there!
    Not sure I join anyone, kind of a loner bye now, but this sounds like a refuge for a simple life, I like that.

La Renommée
    ZPG-FDL R6
    Fer de Lance
    Meister
    Wer mein Schweigen nicht verteht, versteht auch meine Worte nicht.

Originally Posted by CMDR_Loglo View Post (Source)
    do you have to be in a group already or with a bunch of other players for this to work? Or can I just pitch my own idea?
    Just pitch one! But don't expect sufficient support ;D

I don't care what I have to do FDEV, I signed up, if you can get my name / my groups name a station, anywhere, I would love you for eternity. I have a little landable planet near colonia with my name on it, if you emailed me and accepted my application, I'd gladly put it there. Otherwise, anywhere is acceptable and I would love you forever <3

This has been my dream since I've started this game to get my group out there some how. Thank you FDEV. Thank you.

Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast