Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Colonia Expansion Initiative

Originally Posted by YinYin View Post (Source)
    Just pitch one! But don't expect sufficient support ;D
    thanks!

FDEV, I will do everything in my power to get my faction state up on that map. I love you FDEV for giving me the change to make my dream a reality.

You know, the game would be so much better if things like these were IN-GAME and not on a forum where 50%+ of the player base does not participate.

Originally Posted by WizzyThing View Post (Source)
    You know, the game would be so much better if things like these were IN-GAME and not on a forum where 50%+ of the player base does not participate.
    Watch out for the galnet article? ;)

Am I the only one who's seeing this as a potential BGS nightmare for anyone who sets up a faction out there?

It gets nasty enough when two player factions are near each other in the bubble. Relocating to an area with only player factions, and everyone gets one surface base each? Even if it starts as one faction/system, Expansion will rapidly change that. Too far for direct Expansion? Investement!

Inevitably, two factions will reach similar Influence, and then there's no easy way to stop Wars. Also, with (presumably) low population in any given system, Influences will move very rapidly in any given direction. Once a war resolves, someone's losing their base... and the whole cycle can repeat over and over and over...

Originally Posted by GoStu View Post (Source)
    Am I the only one who's seeing this as a potential BGS nightmare for anyone who sets up a faction out there?

It gets nasty enough when two player factions are near each other in the bubble. Relocating to an area with only player factions, and everyone gets one surface base each? Even if it starts as one faction/system, Expansion will rapidly change that. Too far for direct Expansion? Investement!

Inevitably, two factions will reach similar Influence, and then there's no easy way to stop Wars. Also, with (presumably) low population in any given system, Influences will move very rapidly in any given direction. Once a war resolves, someone's losing their base... and the whole cycle can repeat over and over and over...
    All factions are independent, neutral/cooperative. No wars, just elections.

We already know what's going on as we already have factions expanding/booming/investing there.

And what if I just willing to join one of those factions, is it possible? Sorry for possible silly question

Ehh, I can't register?

I go to the page, http://goo.gl/forms/z7mFrgPKdKpA4z483
    However the text entry boxes are greyed out? Any idea what's going on?
    Paradox complete. Exit when ready.

Originally Posted by Creadth View Post (Source)
    And what if I just willing to join one of those factions, is it possible? Sorry for possible silly question
    Best bet is to find out who's interested and look them up on Inara, or if you want to be independent just get onto the CCN Discord.

In the case of GalCop we have several member groups across both platforms; whatever your playstyle, time zone and platform you should be able to find a group you click with.
    The New Galactic Cooperative of Worlds. It's time to Rise. Eyes Open.

So I play very casually, sort of aimlessly, but am now in the vicinity of Jacques/Colonia. I'm on a Mac so no landings planetside, so this won't really apply to me, is that correct? All the faction emplaced in the area will be dirtside, and no more stations will be employed out here?

Why set up the factions as independent? Create a Colonia Council major faction (not a power play faction) to go along with the region.

It seems its mandatory to create a new faction out there. Can't we continue using the name of our current faction?

Originally Posted by Zac Antonaci View Post (Source)

So come join Colonia, break new ground, and create new civilizations!
    So... What happens to all the applications made for Colonia systems on this thread?
    https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...nd-Information

GG, no one cares, re-apply and wait 6 more months?

Originally Posted by Garud View Post (Source)
    It seems its mandatory to create a new faction out there. Can't we continue using the name of our current faction?
    I think the idea is to keep the politics out of Colonia. This actually works out well for the Earth Defense Fleet(EDF). As EDF we are a Federation faction but several months ago we spun up the Earth Expeditionary Fleet (EEF) as an exploration-centric offshoot of EDF. Where EDF is very pro-Federation and involved in power play EEF has stated since it's inception that we are focused on COOPERATIVE game play not COMPETITIVE game play.

Colonia is the perfect place for EEF: surrounded by unexplored space and other players who are unified in cooperation.

I've signed the Earth Expeditionary Fleet up for a Visa and I'm looking forward to the process of colonization!

The Migration Pass... What exactly does it do?

Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast