Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 316

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Colonia Expansion Initiative

  1. #46
    Originally Posted by Esso View Post (Source)
    So... What happens to all the applications made for Colonia systems on this thread?
    https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...nd-Information

    GG, no one cares, re-apply and wait 6 more months?
    We applied via that very same avenue as soon as we became aware of the new inhabited systems around Colonia that popped up along with the release of 2.2, and I'm sure that your group and ours weren't the only ones. That was always a long shot (but worth a try ).

    Discussion of colonization was originally started via a private email from Zac to existing player factions. That email prompted this discussion: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...ion-Discussion

    It was pretty clear early on that simply submitting a player faction application wasn't going to be the process for "The New Bubble".

  2. #47
    Originally Posted by Jaiotu View Post (Source)
    We applied via that very same avenue as soon as we became aware of the new inhabited systems around Colonia that popped up along with the release of 2.2, and I'm sure that your group and ours weren't the only ones. That was always a long shot (but worth a try ).

    Discussion of colonization was originally started via a private email from Zac to existing player factions. That email prompted this discussion: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...ion-Discussion

    It was pretty clear early on that simply submitting a player faction application wasn't going to be the process for "The New Bubble".
    Thanks for your opinion. I would like for Zac to officially confirm that. I will not believe FDev is dumping on their players until they confirm it themselves.

  3. #48
    Originally Posted by Garud View Post (Source)
    It seems its mandatory to create a new faction out there. Can't we continue using the name of our current faction?
    Existing player factions (this is all about player factions, not Powerplay) will be welcome to apply to establish a "branch office" in Colonia, but the branch office will need to be staffed, so some members of the faction will need to emigrate to Colonia. So you need to be serious about wanting to move out there. The Community Goals are presumably about proving you have that commitment, so Colonia gets the factions that display the highest level of commitment.

    Edit: However, this application process appears to be for new factions only!

  4. #49
    Originally Posted by Qohen Leth View Post (Source)
    CCN is not a group, and we haven't been approached for anything related to this. Colonia Council is a symbol, an embodiment of CCN, not the 'official' CCN in-game faction. Because CCN is not a group.
    PLEASE!!!

    Lets not go down this well trodden road AGAIN!!!

    The Nexus Project - join our Discord channel - https://discord.gg/W6aeuUJ

  5. #50
    Originally Posted by gooddoc View Post (Source)
    PLEASE!!!

    Lets not go down this well trodden road AGAIN!!!
    If y'all knew how to read english, we wouldn't have to correct false opinions

  6. #51
    Originally Posted by Jaiotu View Post (Source)
    Why set up the factions as independent? Create a Colonia Council major faction (not a power play faction) to go along with the region.
    Have to agree to this one I thought there where the main faction out there.
    The plan for me to get back out there was to do something meaning full with the BSG, and watch things grow. Be nice to be able to pledge to one to of the NPC factions already there.

    Also Do we know how many are going to be let in? I know the BSG isn't perfect but with player factions coming into the mix wont that be another spanner in the works.

  7. #52
    Originally Posted by Qohen Leth View Post (Source)
    If y'all knew how to read english, we wouldn't have to correct false opinions
    HERE WE GO!!!!

    The Nexus Project - join our Discord channel - https://discord.gg/W6aeuUJ

  8. #53
    How do the stations/factions grow? Other than direct intervention?

    I didn't think population can change dynamically?

    I'd love to be able to transport passengers/escape pods/slaves if that would actually make a difference, not just profit. Can do that without the long trip!

  9. #54
    Fantastic initiative Zac! I really think this will add a lot to the game. By the way, did you see the PM I sent you ;-)
    Cmdr *Hawk*. Utopian Wolf.

    Seeking Utopia? Join us at Antal & Guardians of Harmony

  10. #55
    Originally Posted by lokvette View Post (Source)
    Be nice to be able to pledge to one to of the NPC factions already there.
    Go ahead and do it, then - the only difference between an NPC faction and a player faction is that for a player faction someone other than Frontier gets to pick the name and type. Even better, your faction is already there so you don't need to win a CG to start building it up.

    Originally Posted by Jaiotu View Post (Source)
    Why set up the factions as independent? Create a Colonia Council major faction (not a power play faction) to go along with the region.
    I think, somehow, the Federation, Empire and Alliance might just laugh at a region with fewer than ten orbital stations and a bunch of surface bases calling itself a superpower. Someday, perhaps, but not today.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Originally Posted by YinYin View Post (Source)
    All factions are independent, neutral/cooperative. No wars, just elections.
    That's true of most of the existing NPC factions, though there are a bunch of Anarchy factions which very definitely could start war/civil war states with each other or with the cooperative factions - but I don't see anything in the announcement which makes it likely that all player factions would have to be either cooperative or anarchy, and neither are particularly common types for existing player factions.

  11. #56
    awesome news so by the time i get my python out there i hope to see some more activity and more choice of activity.
    https://forums.frontier.co.uk/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=95446&dateline=1444550404

  12. #57
    How far away is the Colonia gonna be from the current bubble?

  13. #58
    Originally Posted by Alexim View Post (Source)
    How far away is the Colonia gonna be from the current bubble?
    Already exists and is 22k ly away.

  14. #59
    Originally Posted by Ian Doncaster View Post (Source)
    I think, somehow, the Federation, Empire and Alliance might just laugh at a region with fewer than ten orbital stations and a bunch of surface bases calling itself a superpower. Someday, perhaps, but not today.
    That might be the case but the area is growing fast and now we're talking about, what? Adding 10 new factions/surface bases followed by three more every month? That is potentially 36 newly inhabited systems per year.

    Including the Colonia system itself we've already got 15 systems (I'm including the stations set up along the route to Jaques). After the first wave a player minor factions we'll have 25. After one year of potentially adding three new minor factions per month we'll have potentially 61 inhabited systems. 61 systems that, if left independent, will be unable to fend off an invasion by one of the Big Three superpowers in the event that something happens akin to the recent trouble in Maia. Stand together, I say.

  15. #60
    I think the new faction thing is for the sake of the database and the BGS - so that you don't have two instances of your faction separated by 12-16 hours of travel time that are affecting each other's states, not that an existing player group can't apply to have a faction out there. It's like all the Emperor Will factions having their system name tacked on to keep them as separate BGS entities.
    The New Galactic Cooperative of Worlds. It's time to Rise. Eyes Open.

Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast