Page 5 of 81 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Balancing Mission Rewards

Originally Posted by babelfisch View Post (Source)
    I hope you don't mind me borrowing your screenshot?
    not at all, whats more annoying is the guy states in his little brief that the system is booming and doesnt mind spending some on a holiday or two... no wonder hes labeled as a criminal for that kind of reward!

Originally Posted by EUS View Post (Source)
    Sheesh, FD a little hint; I didn't do those long, long missions for 35M cr, I'm not about to start doing them for less.
    Yeah... This is spot on. I was considering trying one at some point, but now? AHAHAHAHA!

Nope.

It seems like they have a flaw in their mission reward generation system.

To me, it looks like they have only one slider for it.

Not sliders for different levels of missions, it's just

Change passenger missions on a percentage scale.

Or

Change cargo missions on a percentage scale.

This makes it impossible for them to alter things like sothis without screwing everything else up.

And why lowering any of the passenger missions, screwed up the ones that were fine.

This is pretty short sighted design if its the case, but it would explain the crap out of it.

hahahaha. Well I think that's the last straw. I no longer have confidence in the ED design team. Uninstalling and I'm out. I'll check things out again when Season 3 hits.

o7

Originally Posted by FalconFly View Post (Source)
    Uhh...

That doesn't look sexy anymore. I understand some Missions paid surprisingly well for a 90-120mins roundtrip, but that seems a bit of an over-correction :

http://www.falconfly.de/temp/ELITE-P...ebalance-1.jpg

Nope, not gonna happen. Not for that payment. The super-longrange ones... *uhm* no way. I'd hardly consider these for 10x that payout.
    I see that first one and just shake my head.

It's just... beyond bizarre... It's downright defying logic that the payout for a 21,000 LY mission is 3.8 Mil.

It honestly looks like the coder who's inputting X distance = X reward has no idea, at all how long it takes to travel that far, and how little that reward is worth.

I'd type more, but my neighbor just offered me $10 to drive to Guam and pick him up some takeout food. $5 extra if I drop by Moscow and pick up some vodka, and get it all done by this afternoon.
    "Oh, hell. I've been to the edge. Just looked like ... more space." - Jayne Cobb

Pilot Rating: Master | Federation Navy: Lieutenant

Originally Posted by EightRoundsRapid View Post (Source)
    So trading/delivery missions are back up to a reasonable level now and passenger missions are worthless?
    I'll let you know as soon as I get some missions to do.

Allied in home system with 5 factions, with another Cordial and another Neutral. Current available missions are:

0, 2, 0, 0, 0, 3, 4, 0

So is there like just one setting or variable in the game that determines mission payouts across the board or something? Where if you change one thing it affects others somehow?

OP mentioned that passenger missions now tied in correctly with Pilot Federation ranking... were passenger mission profits slashed because offering up millions of credits would make it too easy to rank up?

It took two weeks to get to the point where regular haulage missions got a balancing pass. Are we going to have to wait that long for the next one?

Dear Frontier.

We like your game. We really do, but this is getting silly now.
    The New Galactic Cooperative of Worlds. It's time to Rise. Eyes Open.

Originally Posted by FalconFly View Post (Source)
    Uhh...

That doesn't look sexy anymore. I understand some Missions paid surprisingly well for a 90-120mins roundtrip, but that seems a bit of an over-correction :

http://www.falconfly.de/temp/ELITE-P...ebalance-1.jpg

http://www.falconfly.de/temp/ELITE-P...ebalance-2.jpg

http://www.falconfly.de/temp/ELITE-P...ebalance-3.jpg

http://www.falconfly.de/temp/ELITE-P...ebalance-4.jpg

Nope, not gonna happen. Not for that payment. The super-longrange ones... *uhm* no way. I'd hardly consider these for 10x that payout.
    I'd rather go mining in a Rocky or Icy belt, even these Missions pay more for a considerably lower time investment. Even Independent Mining in my local Pristine Metallic belt gives me far more bang for the buck.
    (and I'm primarily not really looking at the Credits - I don't really need these - but mainly from a BGS work/effectiveness perspective)

What still seems okay upto quite good are the ShortRange Bulk PAX Missions, seeing some normal/unchanged ones there.

Disclaimer : just a "first impressions" quick overview of what I found on the PAX Mission Board.
    Wow. I was looking forward to a long distance pax mission. Now.....not so much. FDev, it looks like you need to increase all mission payouts across the board. I understand the drop. But that is too much. The missions in the pictures should have at least a 100% increase in payout. I want to play this game for a long time, but I don't want that reason to be I'm trying to afford my Annie or trying to find Datamined Wake Exceptions for engineers. I would rather be playing this game for a long time because 2 new companies just started manufacturing ships to combat Thargoids.

Cobra Mk IV: Brigandier
    Viper Mk IV: Heimdal
    Vulture: Weltall
    Python: Weltall-2
    Anaconda: Xenogears

Well I'd planned to compensate for the loss of earnings from pretty much anything else since 2.2 dropped by stacking two or three passenger mission to Jacques over the Christmas holidays. All I can say is that it's a good job I actually have enough credits anyway to be able to just laugh at this debacle.

A mission to transport 4 business people is only paying 86K for just over 9Ly. With rewards like that I'll consider selling the Orca (only brought her 5 days ago), along with my Python Bus.

FDev, you guys have to realize something.

Every time you tarry in implementing your fixes - in particular, the Sothis/Ceos nerf and what just happened - you lend your tacit approval that you intend these things to be the way they are. When they're nerfed, people rightly complain because you've just taken people's enjoyment out of the game.

Here are your options to avoid this in the future:
    - Create a Dev Blog, where the upcoming fixes are exposed, along with developer intent behind them. There should never be an introduced game mechanic without explicit explanations about its workings and the intent behind it - ever.
    - Have an update rhythm that is a lot faster than trimestral - weekly at worst for broken game mechanics.

Right now no one who doesn't keep up with Dev posts that are peppered about in random threads on this forum (that I suspect the majority of players cares not about) has no clue what your intended progression path is, whether high paying Sothis/Ceos was ever intended or not (considering it was left in the game for a whole year...), and such. We simply don't know.

Y'all, chill with the FDev shaming for a minute. Make your case and make it good.

Originally Posted by Dale Emasiri View Post (Source)
    ... This balance is part of an on-going process and we will continue to make changes as required...
    Originally Posted by Chrysophylax View Post (Source)
    - Create a Dev Blog, where the upcoming fixes are exposed, along with developer intent behind them. There should never be an introduced game mechanic without explicit explanations about its workings and the intent behind it - ever.
    - Have an update rhythm that is a lot faster than trimestral - weekly at worst for broken game mechanics.
    I remember Dev Updates, too
    Commander Monk Edgecomb
    Duke, HIP 16858

“If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.”

Geeezus... nerfing a feature that was barely fun/worth? Not the way to go, IMO.
    ---
    CMDR Sabujo Sarronca
    Toolfa // Crook Hub

hahaha is this a joke? Grats on messing the only viable way to secure my rebuys Frontier! U rock! This constant unbalance and bad overall product tuning is really driving me away from ED!
    -= WHAT YOU DO IN LIFE ECHOES IN ETERNITY =-

I thought the passenger mission payouts were just fine, why change them? Before I could accept a 2.5 million payout for a couple of hours of my time, but not 400k.

All people wanted was the regular missions back the the way they were pre 2.0. Why is that so hard to do?

Page 5 of 81 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast