Page 41 of 60 FirstFirst ... 3137383940414243444551 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: End of the Road

1. Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. #601
    Amazing story. Well done!

Excellent news - Hats off for Chiggy for making the trip and completing the rescue and Macedonia for keeping his nerve.

(Does anyone do a lightweight mining laser?)
    The blackness of darkness forever.

CMDR Iron Orchid - Explorer and Time Traveller extraordinaire and runner up to the Mars High "Rex Harrison" lookalike competition 3300 to 3302 - resting down in Sothis writing up my memoirs.
    CMDR Waldovenison Smeare - Explorer aboard the good ship "Sleepy Sam"; Winner of the "Dittmar Dock String Untangling Competition" 3299 - devising ways to get back at RamTah.

Epic rescue!!! Can't rep the both of you enough, shame. Best ED forum thread EVER.

Hat off to Chiggy, who rushed to the rescue in no time (but a lot of effort I bet) not even knowing if going there would help. Chiggy is hero material. And I'm glad he got there in time, so cmdr Macedonia didn't get farmed for Chemical Manipulators by some evil commander.

4. Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. #604
    This is really great. Well done!

We'll find a way of marking this.

Yeah, I'm like 90% sure the devs are paying attention to this thread.

Originally Posted by David Braben View Post (Source)

I suspect it will be something like a GalNet story, rather than the ability to jettison and exchange materials, right?
    https://forums.frontier.co.uk/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=111025&dateline=1489001662

Originally Posted by Batgut View Post (Source)
    Yeah, I'm like 90% sure the devs are paying attention to this thread.
    Lølwüt?

Michael Brookes and server dude posted here earlier, and David Braben's comment is the post before yours...

Friendliest Meteor Police that side of Riedquat ... and keep it under Lightspeed!
    My Elite: Dangerous videos , Logitech Extreme 3D Pro bindings

8. Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. #608
    An awesome rescue - well done!

There will be a tourist beacon :-)

Michael

Originally Posted by Chris Simon View Post (Source)
    I suspect it will be something like a GalNet story, rather than the ability to jettison and exchange materials, right?
    A couple of system name changes, and maybe a tourist beacon + GalNet & Newsletter story is my bet.

Hehe, ninja'd by axewookie himself.

Friendliest Meteor Police that side of Riedquat ... and keep it under Lightspeed!
    My Elite: Dangerous videos , Logitech Extreme 3D Pro bindings

Originally Posted by Macedonica View Post (Source)
    Below is the recording of the twitch feed - 90% of it is just me drifting about waiting for Chiggy so ignore that. I think there's about 45 minutes of us mining and then the eureka moment. I left the twitch channel but forgot to close the broadcast so the remainder of the recording is just a screen filler. Ignore it also:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHJSMjuhl9g

o7 to all.
    Some highlights ...

• Chiggy arrives : 1h28m
    • Mining commences : 1h45m
    • GERMANIUM! : 2h03m
    • F-bomb cr*p cr*p cr*p YES! : 2h04m
    • Jumping out of hell : 2h24m

Originally Posted by Zieman View Post (Source)
    A couple of system name changes, and maybe a tourist beacon + GalNet & Newsletter story is my bet.

Hehe, ninja'd by axewookie himself.
    ^^^
    I support this

Having kept up with this thread and then watched the rescue like on the twitch stream I've got to say that I found it surprisingly intense. I can't imaging how it must have felt to be Commander Macedonica, although you do get a sense from his reaction when he finally scooped the illusive germanium!

Commander Chiggy though... what an absolute hero!

Originally Posted by David Braben View Post (Source)

A Tourist Beacon with a dedication to the two pilots and a cheeky comment on flying without materials

Page 41 of 60 FirstFirst ... 3137383940414243444551 ... LastLast