Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 131920212223

Thread: Neutron Highway long range route planner

Originally Posted by Spansh View Post (Source)
    That particular page is pretty large, well part of it is. The neutron list download has now reached 40MB, it may take some time to download. That said, there were a few things making it slightly slower, I've tweaked some stuff, try again?
    It loaded after a few minutes, but it's so slow loading that I can't even manipulate the map without it slowing to less than 1 frame per second, let alone actually use it for it's intended service. If there a way to preload it or something to help it render faster? My internet speed is fine and has great connection (google fiber), so it isn't that. Nor is it my computer, since I play E on max settings with no frame rate drops at all.

Hopefully we can get this to work!

Originally Posted by Spansh View Post (Source)
    Yeah so I know why this is. What happens is I choose the most valuable x bodies (sorted by value) in your given "region" given the options you selected, then plot a route through all of them. However, it makes a lot more sense to plot through the most valuable systems rather than bodies. It's not a huge change but requires some adjustments

I did some experimenting with this and it's now live:

https://www.spansh.co.uk/riches/resu...=50&to=Colonia

You now select the number of systems you want to scan at maximum instead of bodies, and it will prioritise the most valuable systems rather than the most valuable bodies. This means that that 500 system scan actually ends up scanning 1200 bodies for an average payout of 700k credits per jump

Thanks for an ultra fast reply and a fix

I tested it, and while it's an already improvement I think I found another case:

Use this: https://www.spansh.co.uk/riches/resu...3&to=HR%201183

And then on first system HIP 20815, you're being told to scan only object number 2 - thats cool, but in this system, the very object number 3 (which by coincidence its binary planet with 2, so no extra travel!!) is also terraformable, hence big value and shall be shown.

I guess, that it would be great to have a checkbox to 'include all valuable systems in plotted systems', or even show them without checkbox. On the other hand, I would NOT use such second/third etc worlds in general calculation of 'best overall route'.

Originally Posted by rdslw View Post (Source)

Thanks for an ultra fast reply and a fix

I tested it, and while it's an already improvement I think I found another case:

Use this: https://www.spansh.co.uk/riches/resu...3&to=HR%201183

And then on first system HIP 20815, you're being told to scan only object number 2 - thats cool, but in this system, the very object number 3 (which by coincidence its binary planet with 2, so no extra travel!!) is also terraformable, hence big value and shall be shown.

I guess, that it would be great to have a checkbox to 'include all valuable systems in plotted systems', or even show them without checkbox. On the other hand, I would NOT use such second/third etc worlds in general calculation of 'best overall route'.

https://www.spansh.co.uk/bodies/sear...C-EA499633A2D4

Use the dropdown to show Estimated Scan Value, you can see that the second planet is only worth 350k, you have your minimum set to 450k, that's why it's not shown

Originally Posted by beknar View Post (Source)
    It loaded after a few minutes, but it's so slow loading that I can't even manipulate the map without it slowing to less than 1 frame per second, let alone actually use it for it's intended service. If there a way to preload it or something to help it render faster? My internet speed is fine and has great connection (google fiber), so it isn't that. Nor is it my computer, since I play E on max settings with no frame rate drops at all.

Hopefully we can get this to work!
    Once it's loaded it's actually loaded, I guess your browser isn't capable of displaying 400k stars using webgl. I actually have a faster version started of that but it's not ready. I used someone elses display library for that particular page, so there's not much I can do to speed it up. You're not missing "much". it's just the same as the route display page only with all the neutrons in the galaxy that we know of

Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 131920212223