Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 47

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: New Tourist Locations Added

  1. Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. #1

    New Tourist Locations Added

    Hi everyone,

    just a quick update to let you know that 120 new tourist destinations have been added.

    We're always looking to add new destinations, and if you have a suggestion then add it this thread:

    https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...t-Destinations

    Thanks!

    Michael

  2. #2
    Thanks Michael! Will there be any changes to the time limits to long range missions? I'd really love to try some of these, but I know from my previous Sag A trip that a there and back again trip like that would take me a couple of months, but currently everything outside the bubble only allows 3 weeks.

  3. #3

  4. #4

  5. #5
    Not sure if that is 'fixed' or issue, but let me ask here: are there Tourist spots that are behind systems with permit?

    I, for example, never saw a tourist ships to SOL, however it should be one of the most visited locations.

    P.S. (A little suggestion - when we have a mission planner, can we display all tourist visited systems with missions icons, not only one? Would be great if those also have a little 1-2-3 numbers next to them? It is impossible to plan, when you have few tourist groups otherwise)

  6. #6
    Originally Posted by encrypted View Post (Source)
    Not sure if that is 'fixed' or issue, but let me ask here: are there Tourist spots that are behind systems with permit?

    I, for example, never saw a tourist ships to SOL, however it should be one of the most visited locations.
    There should be, but also there should be a block to accepting those missions if you don't have the requisite permit. It's maybe the coding for the latter which is lacking at the moment. I want tourist missions to go find voyager

  7. #7
    Do the mission templates automatically adjust to the new tourist destination, meaning that I am to expect new missions to appear on the board? By new missions I mean new situations with different payouts and travel distances from what I experienced until now.

  8. This is the last staff post in this thread. #8
    Originally Posted by cptdavep View Post (Source)
    Thanks Michael! Will there be any changes to the time limits to long range missions? I'd really love to try some of these, but I know from my previous Sag A trip that a there and back again trip like that would take me a couple of months, but currently everything outside the bubble only allows 3 weeks.
    We've just increased it to 28 days. Anything more than that would need to take part of a major update as it has knock on effects, so we'll look into it for 2.3.

    Michael

  9. #9
    Hi Michael,

    Is there any chance of getting some comment from the Dev team in relation to the wild influence swings since 2.2. The BGS is quite similar now to when powerplay undermining effected the BGS - its making things quite unmanageable in certain locations and circumstances. Tick time is often to be dreaded nowadays!

    This has been bug reported by a number of cmdrs and groups, however some clarity would be very welcome.

    Thanks.

    Schlack.

    Edit: apologies for the threadjacking.

  10. #10
    I am still waiting for approval:

    Originally Posted by babelfisch View Post (Source)
    System: Sol
    Body: Moon / 0.67337; 23.47293
    Screenshot: Classified
    CMDR name: F. Talby


  11. #11
    Awesome - can't ever have too many potential places to visit.

    Next item on the block:

    SRV-ing about is its own kind of fun - but it could potentially be far more fun if we had a passenger ground vehicle. Especially one that could be deployed from the garage at a planetary post. As I've recently discovered and shared, it is possible to drive into a garage at a planetary installation and board your ship, but it is also possible to deploy an SRV the same way. This could make for some really fun, up-close tours of various planets and their sights.

  12. #12
    Originally Posted by Michael Brookes View Post (Source)
    Hi everyone,

    just a quick update to let you know that 120 new tourist destinations have been added.

    We're always looking to add new destinations, and if you have a suggestion then add it this thread:

    https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...t-Destinations

    Thanks!

    Michael
    Awesome!

    keeps fingers, toes (and anything else that will move) crossed for Mitterand Hollow

    - - - Updated - - -

    Originally Posted by IndigoWyrd View Post (Source)
    Next item on the block:

    SRV-ing about is its own kind of fun
    Follow my signature for SRV fun fun fun.

  13. #13
    Originally Posted by Michael Brookes View Post (Source)
    We've just increased it to 28 days. Anything more than that would need to take part of a major update as it has knock on effects, so we'll look into it for 2.3.

    Michael
    Thanks Michael!

  14. #14
    Excellent! I do hope Macedonica´s Trap and Chiggy´s Relief made it

    For those that are not aware http://https://forums.frontier.co.uk...nd-of-the-Road

  15. #15
    Originally Posted by Michael Brookes View Post (Source)
    We've just increased it to 28 days. Anything more than that would need to take part of a major update as it has knock on effects, so we'll look into it for 2.3.

    Michael
    Don’t almost all of the current long range passengers have the “laid back” trait where they really don’t even care about time limits? I don’t know how far you can push that, but from what I’ve seen so far “laid back” passenger can be very late and they don’t seem to care.

    Still, it's a good change to give players more breathing room. Most of the long range time limits are pure fantasy for anyone but the most dedicated buckyballers, lol!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast